MadVapes Weekly Contest - October 20 through October 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
I'm with Carrielsal on this: There are no restaurants near me that allow vaping indoors--and I have yet to see anyone vaping in outdoor restaurants either. While I would love to visit an establishment that allows vaping, I don't foresee it as a possibility near me, so I'd have to go with the amazing food and no vaping.

yasmin817

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Hopewell, NJ, USA
I'd choose good food, unless the restaurant had some personal vendetta against vaping, then I would prefer to grab a subway sandwich or just go home for food. When I was a smoker, I would wait till I ordered, go out and smoke, go back in to eat, then go back out to smoke when I finished eating. It's no different with vaping, except I can go much longer between vaping sessions then I ever could with cigarettes!

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
In the late 1990's I went to visit a friend in Florida. On my first night there we went out to dinner at a little seafood place, and I was absolutely stunned when the waitress asked 'Smoking or non smoking?' In my home state we hadn't been allowed to smoke in a restaurant for many years, so it felt like time travel. We sat in the smoking section and ordered the lobster. While we waited for our food, I lit a smoke. Because I could. The smoking section of this restaurant, by the way, was completely empty. We were the only people seated there, and we were directly under a ventilation fan. Halfway through my first cigarette, I put it out. I couldn't stand the shame of it, the guilt was overpowering. I hadn't realized how conditioned I was to think of smoking in a restaurant to be so utterly wrong and horrible. I simply couldn't go through with it. I used to smoke in restaurants all the time when I was younger and it was socially acceptable, but not any more.
And for that reason, I'd have to say I'd pick the good food. I'm a proud vaper and while I know it isn't smoking, it would just feel wrong and weird to vape in a restaurant. It might be different in a place filled with other vapers, but mostly I wouldn't even wonder if it was banned or not, I just wouldn't do it.

ProjektMayhem

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2014
Mooresville, NC, USA
I'd rather eat at a restaurant where the food is amazing but vaping is banned. When I used to smoke I was always able to wait til I was done eating to go have a smoke. And I don't really vape too much when I'm in public anyways, especially in food places. I just think it's rude to people that don't vape or smoke.

Ryan Lee

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2014
Kansas
www.youtube.com
That is a really tough pick. On one hand, a nice dinner and drinks, along with some friendly conversations over a soothing vape would be delightful. Maybe meet some other vapers, try some new juices, see some custom mods. Or better yet, spark an interest in a smoker that is intrigued with all of our gadgetry, and possibly get him/her into that path of a cigarette free life!

On the other hand, I am a very kind and thoughtful person. I would never vape around strangers, or in a public place such as a restaurant. I know that is is harmless, especially with my measly 3 mg strength, but to people that are clueless on the matter, they would be very offended, and I really couldn't blame them. And I am a sucker for good food.

Now, if I have to pick, I would go with option A. I like the possibilities of a nice vape with some fellow friendly vapers', as I know some good discussion would swiftly come about. I can deal with a double cheeseburger and onion rings over some steak and shrimp for that kind of trade off!

By the way, I LOVE THIS SITE! :toast:

Last edited:

maddogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2012
dog house
ive been so use to not smoking anywhere that it no longer bothered me. so when I vape I just do it at places I had smoked.
that being said, I would go for the better food, but I would also speak with the manager to see if the understood what vaping really is or were they just joinin the band wagon so to speak.
ty for a chance to win one of your fantastic prizes!

SLane

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
North Carolina
I would eventually eat at both. The dh and I eat out a lot lol.

However, if I had to choose, I'd choose the restaurant where I could vape. I don't know if I'd actually vape there or not since we've all been conditioned to not vape around other people that don't vape, but I'd love to have the choice to do so and would definitely eat there to support them.

ETA: Edited to try and figure out which to use, chose or choose. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread