The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MadVapes Weekly Contest - October 20 through October 24

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Oct 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rangerrobin

rangerrobin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2014
    Sonoma County, CA
    I would rather go for the better food and vape before and after. :vapor:

Thanks for the chance!

2. CountBoredom

CountBoredom ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2014
    San Diego, CA, USA
    I'm with Carrielsal on this: There are no restaurants near me that allow vaping indoors--and I have yet to see anyone vaping in outdoor restaurants either. While I would love to visit an establishment that allows vaping, I don't foresee it as a possibility near me, so I'd have to go with the amazing food and no vaping.

3. yasmin817

yasmin817 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2014
    Hopewell, NJ, USA
    I'd choose good food, unless the restaurant had some personal vendetta against vaping, then I would prefer to grab a subway sandwich or just go home for food. When I was a smoker, I would wait till I ordered, go out and smoke, go back in to eat, then go back out to smoke when I finished eating. It's no different with vaping, except I can go much longer between vaping sessions then I ever could with cigarettes!

4. redempti0N

redempti0N Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2010
    staten island USA
    I would rather eat amazing food.

5. KC1BLE

KC1BLE Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2014
    Concord
    I don't get to go out to eat very often so I vote for the really great food. I can wait to vape til I get outta there :)

6. Noble Gas

Noble Gas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    California
    In the late 1990's I went to visit a friend in Florida. On my first night there we went out to dinner at a little seafood place, and I was absolutely stunned when the waitress asked 'Smoking or non smoking?' In my home state we hadn't been allowed to smoke in a restaurant for many years, so it felt like time travel. We sat in the smoking section and ordered the lobster. While we waited for our food, I lit a smoke. Because I could. The smoking section of this restaurant, by the way, was completely empty. We were the only people seated there, and we were directly under a ventilation fan. Halfway through my first cigarette, I put it out. I couldn't stand the shame of it, the guilt was overpowering. I hadn't realized how conditioned I was to think of smoking in a restaurant to be so utterly wrong and horrible. I simply couldn't go through with it. I used to smoke in restaurants all the time when I was younger and it was socially acceptable, but not any more.
    And for that reason, I'd have to say I'd pick the good food. I'm a proud vaper and while I know it isn't smoking, it would just feel wrong and weird to vape in a restaurant. It might be different in a place filled with other vapers, but mostly I wouldn't even wonder if it was banned or not, I just wouldn't do it.

7. xanatos333

xanatos333 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2014
    Here and there
    Provided the prices of the food is the same I would go with the place with the better food. If I want to vape while waiting for my meal I would be willing to go outside.

8. chigal

chigal Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 21, 2012
    chicago
    I would rather eat at a restaurant with amazing food that has banned vaping, but I don't have a choice in Chicago anyway. Vaping has been banned indoors everywhere.

Thanks for the contest!

9. dhood

dhood Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2014
    Georgia
    I think I'd like to try the food at a mediocre place just to have the chance to vape with others that did as well. With my recovering taste buds, the food might not be quite as mediocre as it might have once tasted. :)

10. Kloudz

Kloudz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2014
    Denver, Co
    I can always sneak vape so I'd rather have awesome food instead of mediocre grub.

11. ValkyrieCT

ValkyrieCT Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Ffld.CT, USA
    I'd go for the FOOD. Even when I smoked I didn't like to eat and smoke anyway. I did like to have an after dinner drink/coffee and a smoke. If it was nice out I would just ask to go outside if they had outdoor seating and finish up my dining there.

12. ProjektMayhem

ProjektMayhem Super Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Mooresville, NC, USA
    I'd rather eat at a restaurant where the food is amazing but vaping is banned. When I used to smoke I was always able to wait til I was done eating to go have a smoke. And I don't really vape too much when I'm in public anyways, especially in food places. I just think it's rude to people that don't vape or smoke.

13. Ryan Lee

Ryan Lee Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2014
    Kansas
    That is a really tough pick. On one hand, a nice dinner and drinks, along with some friendly conversations over a soothing vape would be delightful. Maybe meet some other vapers, try some new juices, see some custom mods. Or better yet, spark an interest in a smoker that is intrigued with all of our gadgetry, and possibly get him/her into that path of a cigarette free life!

On the other hand, I am a very kind and thoughtful person. I would never vape around strangers, or in a public place such as a restaurant. I know that is is harmless, especially with my measly 3 mg strength, but to people that are clueless on the matter, they would be very offended, and I really couldn't blame them. And I am a sucker for good food.

Now, if I have to pick, I would go with option A. I like the possibilities of a nice vape with some fellow friendly vapers', as I know some good discussion would swiftly come about. I can deal with a double cheeseburger and onion rings over some steak and shrimp for that kind of trade off!

By the way, I LOVE THIS SITE! :toast:

14. caroloto

caroloto Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2014
    Freeport, IL
    I would go for the amazing food and after go outside and vape

15. maddogg

maddogg Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2012
    dog house
    ive been so use to not smoking anywhere that it no longer bothered me. so when I vape I just do it at places I had smoked.
    that being said, I would go for the better food, but I would also speak with the manager to see if the understood what vaping really is or were they just joinin the band wagon so to speak.
    ty for a chance to win one of your fantastic prizes!

16. Heden Aklowd

Heden Aklowd Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2013
    Ferntucky, NV
    Amazing food. I can wait to vape.

17. Majestic

Majestic Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    N.E. Wisconsin
    I'd rather eat at the amazing food restaurant and stealth vape as needed. :ohmy:

18. SLane

SLane Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2012
    North Carolina
    I would eventually eat at both. The dh and I eat out a lot lol.

However, if I had to choose, I'd choose the restaurant where I could vape. I don't know if I'd actually vape there or not since we've all been conditioned to not vape around other people that don't vape, but I'd love to have the choice to do so and would definitely eat there to support them.

ETA: Edited to try and figure out which to use, chose or choose. ;)

19. mekakeisei

mekakeisei Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2011
    Warwick, RI
    I'd say amazing food/banned vaping. I've never really sat down at a place and thought about vaping. I'm sure some of the places I've been wouldn't mind it, but I'm usually more focused on the food and atomosphere and the fact that I'm out of the house :p

20. vap3d70

vap3d70 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    hudson valley ny
    I would definetly picked the better food... I dont vape around my kids and I certainly wont vape around others that are eating.
    Thats not to say that I wont slip to the restroom for a few hits off the valkyrie though :vapor:

Thanks for the contest!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.