MadVapes Weekly Contest - October 20 through October 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
This was a hard decision for me :) Where I am from i have never seen a sign allowing vaping....most people in my area probably do not even know about vaping and I get strange looks from many people when I vape. If it was just me by myself I think I would choose the mediocre food that allowed vaping just so I could be around other vapers...something I have never truly experienced. I would love to actually be around other vapers and discuss vaping!
I am always respectful when I vape around others, and I do not blow vaper in someone's face. My boyfriend does not smoke or vape so I have had alot of practice to be respectful to non smokers and non vapers. (Now, if my boyfriend was with me I would choose the non vaping restaurant. :) )

Thank you for the contest as always! Good luck to everyone and congrats to who ever wins :)

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Thanks for your posts! The contest will be ending today at 1pm EST.

For the record, I would also pick the mediocre food. I can go without vaping, sure. And I don't cloud chase in public. But out of principle, I won't support establishments that don't support vaping. Most places that ban vaping do it because they aren't educated and just don't want to deal with it, not for any health reasons. Is it rude to bother other people with your vaping? Sure it is, but every vaper should have a little bit of common sense. But a lot of these restaurants lump vaping in with their smoking ban and post signs saying "No smoking, including electronic cigarettes." For non-vaping patrons, this implies that smoking is just as bad as vaping; it equates them. If I go to a new place where vaping is banned, I make it a point to talk to the owner/manager about it, educate them a little bit, and at the very least, request that they change their sign to distinguish between smoking and vaping. Of course, I'm very nice about it. It is their choice whether or not to allow vaping. But they should be aware that it's my choice, and the choice of other vapers, to choose where we spend our money, and some of us would rather spend it at a place that recognizes the benefits of vaping. This is a crucial time for vaping, and I think it's important to make sure that decisions are based on accurate information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread