Status
Not open for further replies.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
When I go out to eat, I like to enjoy the experience of being out, and I like to stay for a good while. I'd like to be able to vape while waiting for my order, if it were that kind of place, and I'd want to be able to vape after the meal while chatting with those at the table. So between the two options, that leaves mediocre food, which is generally fine by me anyway. The times that I've gone "fine dining" or the supposed great food route, the only thing that was truly great about it was the bill.

I can go for periods without vaping when I have to, so that's not really the issue. The big difference between smoking and vaping is that I really enjoy vaping. I smoked because I was hooked, but never really enjoyed it. Therefore, when I can't vape, I miss it more than I missed a cigarette when I couldn't smoke somewhere. I could sit through a whole 3-hour theater movie without a cigarette and not have a problem. Luckily for me, vaping is not banned where I live, so I stealth vape in theaters, holding it in so there is not much to exhale, and I blow it down. There have only been a few instances that I know of here, where there was something like a McDonald's manager who asked someone not to vape because it looked like smoking to another customer's kids, so they asked him not to. He stopped, finished what he was doing, and left. No big deal for him. I'd do and be the same.
:)

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
Honestly... I work in a restaurant, and have spent plenty of time learning to cook. The hardest part about going to a restaurant, for me, is trying to justify buying 1 plate for what it would cost me to feed 4-5 people on the same stuff.

That said.

I don't vape in public buildings, typically. (I vape in the back at work, but never in front when there are customers around) So I don't mind not vaping in a restaurant.

Feel free to mark me with the "Amazing food, no vaping" restaurant crowd, even with all my caveats. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread