ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
That light will be my first modded pipe. Take the bulb out and add the atomizer. Remove the clicker from the button and presto! Super-cig! It's a single aa cell light even though it looks bigger in the pic.

if a person has the skill using a suitable flashlight body as a battery holder is the way to go.. it aint quite as easy as taking the "bulb" out and the "clickly" out of the switch thow... he he

but if u break an e cig down to its basic components its simply a battery holder.. a switch.. and some means of attaching the atomizer..

thats all a lady pipe is.. its all an SD is... something that takes an AA sized 14500 battery (fourth from the left) is a nice starting point..

some suitable off the shelf lithium cells to think about.. they go from 300 mah on the left to 5000 mah on the right.. find you own battery holder.. torch bodies are the obvious thing to go for..

batsel.jpg

trog

ps.. the lady pipe size is the third from the left.. the little thing in the middle is a 901 battery cell.. the thing we call the battery (little tube) isnt.. its simply the battery holder..

ps 2... those orange ones in the middle are the original ruyan e pipe size..

ps 3.. the pic is part of my off the shelf lithium ion battery collection..

Last edited:

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
Did I mention that I was a machinist and tool and die maker for 15+ years before taking a desk job? Anyway, I may be able to make the mod without to much trouble, Hehehe.
I still have a small lathe in my shop and making a replacement head for the light will be no problem. I tend to dumb things down a bit in my posts to make for ease of translation.
But since time is money, I have to wonder about some of the mods I have seen that must have countless man-hours invested in them, and end up with a pipe worth $500 plus if you paid someone to make it. I think people don't consider this. If I can't be done with one in 3 hours it becomes cheaper to just buy one.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Did I mention that I was a machinist and tool and die maker for 15+ years before taking a desk job? Anyway, I may be able to make the mod without to much trouble, Hehehe.
I still have a small lathe in my shop and making a replacement head for the light will be no problem. I tend to dumb things down a bit in my posts to make for ease of translation.
But since time is money, I have to wonder about some of the mods I have seen that must have countless man-hours invested in them, and end up with a pipe worth $500 plus if you paid someone to make it. I think people don't consider this. If I can't be done with one in 3 hours it becomes cheaper to just buy one.

as u say time is money.. some liking making things for fun.. i used to do.. cant be arsed now got too lazy.. but producing a prototype of anything takes a fair while..

when a modder says it can be made for $20 dollars worth of parts he kinda conveniently forgets the many hours he spent making and planning it..... he he..

we made our own a few months back for one simply reason.. there was nothing that could be bought..

trog

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Yes, I guess spending a little more time on a personal item is warranted. But in doing so you have something no one else does.

I bet your personal one is very nice.

it a battered and well used version of the ones we sell.. three months plus use and still gong strong.. he he..

we do say replace atomizers every couple of weeks tho..the device itself is now pretty bullet proof..

trog

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
That's a shame Ted - I've got some coming to me to test as well - can I just confirm which batteries you tried?

I've actually been badgering the manufacturers to look into this, but they can't seem to source the ones I mentioned to them. In the end, I had to order some for myself to test and I'm really hoping that they're different to the ones you just tested....:rolleyes:

Well I finally received the 15266 (CR2) batteries from Hong Kong and they will not fit. Just a tad bit (maybe .5 to 1mm) too wide. I used a Dremel to ream out the inside diameter of the battery compartment and got them to fit inside the bowl, but they are just a tad bit too long also. You can't get the battery compartment cap to fit when the battery is all of the way bottomed out in the bowl. I guess the Lady Pipe manufacture has made it so we have to use the batteries that come with the pipe. Oh well, at least it only cost me $17.75 to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread