mini pipe, which battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Phillydes...Thanks for the response. Did you try to tweak the brass tabs inside just a tad upwards? I am looking at mine mini pipe with the regular batteries pushed all the way down. It seems you would be able to fit your batteries (since your batteries are only 1.6mm longer) if you just lift those tabs up a little. I did the opposite to mine... I tweaked them down a little since the jewel cover kept popping off. You can use needle nose pliers if you decide to do this.

EDO,

Even if I tried to bend the tabs a little the battery still wouldn't work. The 15266s have a higher positive post in the center and when you try to put the cap on it sits too high to engage in the tabs on the bowl. You would have to bend them too far to make contact. I even ground down the thickness of the cap where it makes contact with the center battery post and still couldn't get the cap on. Any more grinding or tweeking will probably ruin the pipe. I think we're stuck with the 14250s that come with the pipe.

Oceaneco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Santa Fe, NM
Edo, Thank you for your response. I may be letting it run a little dry. I was flooding, now I may be doing the opposite. It is really hard to figure out just the right amount of juice to use. I have 2 901's and neither of them taste like tin. The 801 is new, about a week old. It might just be at the break in point. Hopefully, I can get it figured out.

Kevin

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2009
SW Ohio
David Yang now sells the 14250 battery for $6.

Lady Pipe/ Mini Pipe - Eastmall International Co.,Ltd
I just received 2 of the batteries from David Yang. They came fully charged, well 4.17v lasted 5 mins on the charger and turned green, 4.21v

Battery markings 14250 3.7v 250mAh

The charger must be way over rated. Claiming 450mAh, it should take less than and hour to charge these batteries. It always take up to 4 hours to charge my batteries.

VapeAllDay

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Those look like the same batteries.

I can't figure out to order them!

On a side note, I went on a walk today and I always put my ecigs in my jeans 5th pocket, so I put the pipe in it with them, with the head sticking out. Anyways, when I got back from the walk, I noticed there wasn't a battery in there, but even more importantly the top wasn't there!!!

I started to backtrack hoping to find it, but after walking I checked my pocket for the 5th time and there it was inside! Thank the good Lord!

I know lame story, but I feel better now. :rolleyes:

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Oceaneco....I just have experience with bestecig 801s and yes if you let them dry out even a tiny bit the tin flavor comes out. The original mini pipe atomizers are easy....they never have tin taste. All you have to do with them is fill up the cart using a syringe. No need to top off or drip....as a matter of fact that will cause it to vape less. With the bestecig 801s you need to fill it up, top it off and then drip as well for you to get a good 7 hits without the tin taste. But after while once the atomizer is broken in the taste will go away. Just as side not if you drip...there is a good chance you will kill your battery after a while...so I recommend getting the original atomizers and forget the hassle of dripping. But on the other hand the hits and vapor off of the bestecig 801s after dripping are unmatched.

smokrazy

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
I live in Fort Worth and I picked up the Lady Pipe from Janty. It is awsome. The vapor is good, it has a good throat hit but I don't like the little screw on ring since it can get loose very easy and fall of. But the batteries don't last long. I did the initial charge of 8 hours and still sometimes I get only 1 -2 hours of power...not any longer than my dura C...So do you guys think that the batteries are bad so I can buy new ones...Because I realy like this litle Lady

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
My mini-pipe batteries didn't seem to good at first but after a week of recharging they now work 4 hours or more. I've even had one last all day(9hours) with light use. I carry 4 batteries at all times anyway (they are so small). You can tweek (bend down carefully) the little brass fingers and the cap will stay tight.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
some factual information.. the lady pipe batteries are about 250 to 300 mah.. about the some capacity as the old ruyan cigar batteries..

capacity (mah) wise they about the same as a pen style battery but bigger than a 901 or mini battery..

they are normal lithium ion rechargeable 3.7 volt ones but a very odd (not easy to buy) size.. 14250

they should have the same run time as a pen style battery roughly..

run time from user to user will vary depending on how much puffing is done.. when the charge light goes green the battery is charged.. leaving it on for longer does nothing..

this is simple factual information.. if a dozen others want to disagree that aint my problem..

trog

ps... lithium cells do not get better with use.. they come with some charge in them and work right from the start..

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Vince...I wanted to ask you a question.....I recently got the bestecig 801s for my mini pipe. At first I thought they were the greatest. But now that I have received new mini pipe atomizers and I can compare directly to the bestecig atomizers....the bestecig atomizers have a metal taste...even if you have them very moist. Oceaneco brought this up and I thought he wasn't keeping his atomizer wet enough. But, now that I have the original atomizer to compare directly... he is right. No matter what there is some metallic taste in the bestecig atomizer...and the taste of the eliquid is much better when smoking with the original atomizers. Do you agree with this? Are we doing something wrong here? Maybe it is me... but every eliquid taste a lot better with the minipipe atomizer.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
Edo, I haven't had any metallic taste as of yet. I have seen a lot of posts about this problem and it is common with atomizers of all kinds. It may be different types of mesh in it or different batches of nichrome wire. I don't know if that's possible but I have not heard of anything that can be done except suffer through it. I have had some strange tastes though, not really metallic, just strange. So I just added a stronger dose of flavor to my juice and overcame it. I tried the "stalker" Pina-Colada and it took over a week to get the flavor out of the atomizer.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
After getting out my original Mini-pipe atomizer I can see what you mean. Although my original only makes about half the vapor, the flavor is better. This may have to do with the original not getting as hot. This stands to reason because of the decrease in vapor.
I will try an experiment- I will use the bestecig atomizers put only in short 1 or 2 second puffs (thus not generating as much heat) and see if the taste changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread