The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MVP Owners Group-into the next generation…

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by pufZeppelin, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Solid Snake

Solid Snake Full Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Detroit, MI, USA
    I decided to upgrade from my Halo Triton. A coworker of mine uses the MVP 1 and told me all about it. I did much research on the MVP 2 and took the plunge and ordered an MVP 2 starter kit a couple days ago. It should arrive this week. I'm very excited. The kit comes with the iClear 30 tank. I hope that works well with my Halo juice.

2. DavidAmonettNashville

DavidAmonettNashville Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2014
    Nashville,Tn
    Will she fire with another tank on ?? If so it may be the center post is pressed down to far?

3. Becky84

Becky84 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2014
    Space Coast, FL
    No when she's unplugged she's total lights out. With or without atty. won't even light up to give me a NON or puff count! I guess the only thing I can try is to let her charge til the green light turns off and she's full and see what happens. Shrug. Sad cuz I've only had this one since about July. The first one I got in March and was my only mod until July is still going strong. I guess that's the innokin inconsistency. :/

4. garyoa1

garyoa1 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Throw it on the charger and leave it on overnite. Remember, it's not fully charged until the green lite goes OUT.
    There is a way to recycle it too. Something like turn it on, turn it off, put it on the charger, turn it on. Or something like that. Mebbe somebody remembers the exact sequence.

5. Midniteoyl

Midniteoyl Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2014
    Indiana
    Prolly a bad coil in the Tank... try the reset.. I think its 'Plug it in, turn it off, unplug, plug back in, turn on'.. I think.

6. pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW

sounds like something shorted and it shut down
    charge lights working as normal,

well, did ya try turning it on ?? (3 fast clicks ?)

using another topper of course...

worth a try...

7. Midniteoyl

Midniteoyl Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2014
    Indiana
    Sorry to hear that.. :(

8. defdock

defdock Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2011
    Dark Forest
    got my mvp2 last christmas to replace my halo triton kits. i can say, i like the funtionality, just not the lenght, with the added tank.

its basicaly my house mod, use it to test everything before i put them in/on my ego styles. --- new tank? check atty for shorts/ohms. new juice? taste at every Watt setting to determine its flavor profile.

9. inswva

inswva Do you even squonk, bro? Verified Member ECF Veteran

Although I love my MVPs, I'm inclined to agree. I'm ready to order the VTR which tucks the tank along the side of the mod. From what I've read, it works great with the mini Nautilus.

Angelcigs has the VTR on sale for $59.99 which is a pretty good deal. It's a 15W mod so it doesn't hang with the big boy regulated box mods but it offers more power than the MVP.

Authentic Innokin VTR Variable Voltage/Wattage E-Cigarette Starter Kit

[​IMG]

10. bill1960

bill1960 Full Member

Aug 24, 2014
    usa
    Yep my mpv is smarter than me. NUTS !

11. bill1960

bill1960 Full Member

Aug 24, 2014
    usa
    Ok got it. Sorry my bad. Instructions in Chinese.

12. garyoa1

garyoa1 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Good points and bad points with the VTR. You can change the batt but there is no pass thru. And it weighs nearly one pound! (13 oz.) But that is a decent price. For me the MVP beats it but not by much. For me the weight is a downer. YMMV.

13. Capt.shay

Capt.shay Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.
    Try the cycling routine. Three quick clicks on the fire button then plug it in to the charger then three quick clicks again then unplug it again and do three more quick clicks. This has brought more than one MVP back to life.

14. jandry

jandry Senior Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Austin, TX, USA
    One of two musical instruments Ive always wanted to play :( (other is piano). Played drums in a band back in highschool..

15. jandry

jandry Senior Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Austin, TX, USA
    I had a Protank coil short out and it was lights out for mine too. I just changed the coil, cycled it on and off, three quick clicks on the fire button and it was back in business.

The electronics in these chinese mods are not the greatest. I once had my MVP totally crap out (like 8 days after I bought it). It came back to life right before I was going to put it in the box for an exchange. Its worked fine ever since??

16. jandry

jandry Senior Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Austin, TX, USA
    Midniteoyl and donesmokin: best wishes to both of you for your current trials. Heres hoping it all gets better from here on out!

@DingerCPA- happy 50th!

Go away for a day, 8 pages to catch up on :D Looks like we carried on the old MVP2 thread tradition :p

17. DingerCPA

DingerCPA Vaping Mistress Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    Thanks jandry. Still a few weeks off. "But I'm not dead yet!"

Sent from.... ooh look! Something shiny!!!

18. sando7

sando7 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2014
    Louisville, KY (PRP)
    i hear ya, mine is day after tomorrow, if i make it :toast:

19. jandry

jandry Senior Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Austin, TX, USA
    Time is a relentless bastid isnt it? :p

*shrugs* vape on and live it while ya got it :D

20. sando7

sando7 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2014
    Louisville, KY (PRP)
    yep it sure is, from 50 on it goes really quick!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.