Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Really the winner.
So after you are using KF 2019 how its performance? Any leak from 510 bottom?
Is that better I wait a second batch (maybe they fix several point) or just pull the trigger now?
No leaks but I believe those that do leak have nothing to do with the rta. Improper wicking is the only way it’ll leak from the 510. It’s a fantastic rta.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
heres a leaker...

Love that he took it completely apart! It's a shame that most Youtube reviewers don't. Nice clear video.

I wish it was in English. Was it leaking? Can someone summarize in English?

He should use a socket or nut driver instead of pliers to attach the + block. Pliers could damage it.

Those mods are too beautiful I refuse to do a search and I hope they are sold on some FB group that makes me disclose my annual salary before I join and etc.

Anna

Haha! Only 2 left, Anna! -->Vicious Ant | Primo 21700 Ultem Ti

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I do! LOL but I like the stabwood one more. I thought about surfing that site for a bit but then I was all, "Nope."

This really belongs on the shinyitis thread, where I can go "I did not buy a 450 dollar vape product."

Pride.

Anna
but you want it...

and you deserve it...

and it would complete your collection!!!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Nah I need to buy two pairs of the ugliest, best shoes in the world. Dansco clogs. I need a grey pair, and a brown pair, then my life will be complete.

All the smart healthcare workers wear them. LOLZ when I was interviewing for a nannying position the dude asked "are those cultural" and I knew I was not gonna nanny for them, but like, I DEFINITELY wanted to "have words" with him. He was almost unbearably pretentious as it was. I was like, "What? No? These? They're just orthopedic. Trust me, I know they're ugly but some of the kids you want me to nanny are almost teens. You need me to look HOTTER?"

Of course, it was more of a chore thing. They spent 20 minutes talking about their smart fridge and how I would use it. I think they were offended when I said "So... Will I meet the kids at some point?"

I think they needed an uber and an illegal maid, personally.

Anna

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
How does the AF on this compare to the KFLite Plus? I used to have a Plus but it was just too tight for me. I like a more airy mtl, I liked the 5 on max airflow...

The opening under the coil is 1.8mm on the Kayfun Lite 2019 and 3.2mm on the Kayfun 5. If you like the 5 wide open, then the Lite 2019 is not well suited for your preferences.

Azidhaka

Jan 17, 2019
Can't get it to wick properly, 10 builds at least, Cotton bacon prime and Kendo Gold.
Lot, less, longer, shorter cotton, stuffed to the brim, after a couple of hours it floods. And every flood leaks thru the 510 nylon screw directly over the mod.
It also gets very hot, and the vapor burns the lips, even at 14 watts after a couple of hits - with the standard 1 ohm 2.5 mm 26 GA Kanthal build. The Doggy, which is even shorter never does that, even at higher watts.
I have 9 other MTL attys and none has given me so much problems. For my style of vaping (pretty standard at 1 ohm) it is unusable.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Can't get it to wick properly, 10 builds at least, Cotton bacon prime and Kendo Gold.
Lot, less, longer, shorter cotton, stuffed to the brim, after a couple of hours it floods. And every flood leaks thru the 510 nylon screw directly over the mod.
It also gets very hot, and the vapor burns the lips, even at 14 watts after a couple of hits - with the standard 1 ohm 2.5 mm 26 GA Kanthal build. The Doggy, which is even shorter never does that, even at higher watts.
I have 9 other MTL attys and none has given me so much problems. For my style of vaping (pretty standard at 1 ohm) it is unusable.

Have you tried the extension for the chimney? I wonder if that will help cool the vapor for you. I don't have the Lite yet. It's on my wanted list but I'm not expecting the Lite or any other atomizer to replace my Prime.

I know a lot of folks use 26 gauge wire but I prefer thinner 30 AWG 316L for MTL builds. For my Prime, I build a little over 1 Ohm and vape at 8-12 Watts. I hope the thinner wire will be enough to keep the heat manageable with the Lite.

Last edited:
Reactions: AstroTurf

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I still vape my old EHPro Kayfun Lites daily. The biggest reason is that they never leak unless I over prime the wick by covering the air ports and hit it too hard. That's user caused!

The main reason I stick with them is the larger +/- 5ml juice capacity. I like 24mm tanks, but most of them are lesser in juice capacity and the short tanks produce hotter vape. I like cooler vapor.

Is there a new 24mm Kayfun that holds 5ml juice? The 24mm Ares can hold 5ml.

Last edited:

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I still vape my old EHPro Kayfun Lites daily. The biggest reason is that they never leak unless I over prime the wick by covering the air ports and hit it too hard. That's user caused!

The main reason I stick with them is the larger +/- 5ml juice capacity. I like 24mm tanks, but most of them are lesser in juice capacity and the short tanks produce hotter vape. I like cooler vapor.

According to the specs, the 24mm with the extension holds 5ml.

I only vape 2ml per day. ;) But I am still interested in trying the extension to see how it changes the vape-- I typically prefer the vape from tall atomizers with a 4mm ID.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014

Here ya go...

Kayfun 5 Squared RTA by Svoemesto

Reactions: smoked25years

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I have a 28,28/40 fused Clapton in one of mine at the moment. I get none of the heat you’re describing and not a drop of liquid out of the 510. The only way that can really happen is if you wick is hitting the air hole. If your wick is actually covering the air hole, you’d have excessive heat and leaks through the 510.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread