The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New Kayfun Lite 24mm and 22mm

Discussion in 'RTA' started by rifky, Feb 9, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Pinggolfer

Pinggolfer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thanks for letting me know. How do I find it????

• Like Like x 1
  2. vapdivrr

vapdivrr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    glad its rocking my friend

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    :pervy:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Process for fixing stuff:

Eliminate what you can. What's left is what's wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  5. muth

muth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    @vapdivrr Hmm, I just ran into another niggle. I installed the ext. kit on my 24mm 2019. I didn't change the build, just re-wicked. So now my resistance is reading 0.19 ohms! I have a 0.9 ohm build on there. The only thing I did was check the post screws for tightness. What is causing my resistance to drop so drastically? This is a new one on me!

• Like Like x 1
  6. vapdivrr

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Let me look at the kit because I really dont know much about it and see if o can find a reason.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    I’m just taking a stab here cuz I don’t have the kit but is there an oring on that extension? Try removing it and see what happens.

• Like Like x 2
  8. vapdivrr

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Hopefully @Bronze recommendation will help as I kind of remember a few posts talking about that for some reason, if not the only other things I can think of is , coil too high and perhaps touching the top of chimney. Another could be to check the coil leads around the screws , making sure they are clipped and not touching any part of the chimney. Also make sure the deck itself is screwed into base, its possible by attaching coil you loosened the deck from base. Have you put back the original configuration to see if it's normal again?

• Like Like x 1
  9. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Yes and it is [normal again].

• Like Like x 1
  10. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Yes. There is an oring placed in the same location as it is on the original chimney (right below the threads). I'll give that a try tomorrow. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    @Bronze Reporting back with success:thumbs:. Removed the o-ring from the chimney extension and bingo, back to my 0.9 ohms again and vaping happily, thank you. Only one thing...I don't understand how an o-ring causes a drop in resistance in this case. Can you help me understand? Thx:)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Glad it is working for you. The oring is made of rubber (non-conductive). It is interfering with the conductivity of the atomizer (think of the atomizer as a circuit) and making it wig out.

Take note of Diver's tips too going forward. You don't want any part of your coil (the coil itself or its tails) touching any part of the chimney. Get the ends of your tails clipped as short as you can and tuck them toward the inside using a small tipped screwdriver if they stick out at all.

• Like Like x 2
  13. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    I can understand that but then why doesn't the o-ring on the original chimney have the same effect? (Sorry to bug you about these things. I just have a need to know everything).
    Yes, TY, I've known this from the beginning when I started using RDAs and being careful of not contacting the cap or deck.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    One of the orings is a problem, the other isn't. Or, they're both problems and the two added up is more than just one. :) I have no way of knowing muth. Electricity is a funny thing and any electrician will tell you the same thing. Just when you think you have it figured out it does something weird.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Tabac man

Tabac man Super Member

May 24, 2019
    London
    Remove the o ring from the chimney. Attach chimney extension to chimney. The chimney extension should have an o ring on the end. Keep the original as a spare. I have three chimney extensions in place on three tanks and none do what you describe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    I suppose that's why electricians call it a ghost. I've heard that more than once especially when it has to do with your car, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  17. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Interesting.
    I thought of doing it that way, too, but since it's working out I'll keep it for awhile. Next time I drain the tank I'll try it as you described above and see what happens. I do love experiments:). Just as an extra note and FWIW, I didn't get any short readings on my mod (just the drop in resistance).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tabac man

Tabac man Super Member

May 24, 2019
    London
    Having the o ring between the chimney and chimney extension doesn't seal anything. It should be on the end of the chimney extension so it seals against the top cap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Well, that's what makes sense to me, too, but it's working alright. However, next time I drain the tank I'm going to switch the configuration.

ETA: I could be wrong but I swear I saw an inside o-ring installed in the top cap. Could have been a shadow, my vision isn't so great.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tabac man

Tabac man Super Member

May 24, 2019
    London
    No o ring on the top cap. The small o ring on the end of the chimney/chimney extension is the only o ring used above the deck.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1