The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New Kayfun Lite 24mm and 22mm

Discussion in 'RTA' started by rifky, Feb 9, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. muth

muth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    @vapdivrr You seem to own Kayfuns, et al. Question: What could possibly be causing my Prime's juice flow to malfunction? I did a complete breakdown, cleaned everything, replaced a worn o-ring. I'm still not getting proper juice flow when I turn the tank to open it up. My wicking is minimal. Idk what else I can do.

• Like Like x 2
  2. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Cripes! I just back read on my post regarding the 2019 clone. If I knew that mentioning a clone would have caused a vape war.......That said, I buy both depending on whatever good reason I have at the time.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    muth, there is another thread dedicated to authentic Kayfuns only. This thread has no such rules that I know of. The reason for the split is because of clone wars. We could not have a general forum kayfun thread without it turning into a battle zone. Thus the split. This thread is moderated by ECF moderators. The authentic thread is moderated by a sponsor moderator and closely monitored.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Thank you, Bronze. I'll keep that in mind and just glad I didn't end up in the authentic thread by mistake. They would have taken my head:laugh:!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Oh, no. We would be nice to you the first time. But off with your head the second time. :evil:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Fate has been tempted. If you hear artillery fire it could be me pulling a prank:p

• Like Like x 1
  7. vapdivrr

vapdivrr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    So what makes you think your not getting proper jf? Dry hits? No bubbles?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    A bit of both. First I start getting a dry hit then I'll close and open. Sometimes I'll see a small bubble. But they stop coming after that. Maybe my juice blend won't cut it on a Prime (70vg). I'm stumped because I didn't have issues before with the same juice......unless it's a batch issue? It's a stretch but can't think of anything else. Thx for replying.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Try messing with your wick. Both volume (width) and length. Change it up. Go less/shorter and more/longer. Start with the former. Perhaps you’re choking off the feed holes in the bottom of the well. There are two of these feed holes on each side.

• Like Like x 2
  10. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Thx Bronze. I've been messing with my wicks, as well. But I won't give up because this just doesn't make sense. Never had this problem before. Maybe it's the dang full moon or something. Yea, that's the ticket. The moon is pulling on my juice:laugh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tig7

Tig7 Super Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I have a question for someone that has both the Kayfun 5 and the Kayfun Lite 2019.

Which airflow setting on the Kay 5 ( 1,2,3, or 4) closely matches the wide open air setting on the Kay Lite?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    None of them unless you are using the restrictor kit on the K5. The smallest air setting on the K5 is still more open than the largest setting on the Lite. The K5 is a DL atty unless you use the MTL KIT.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tig7

Tig7 Super Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Ok Thanks, I guess that means I won't get that one then.

I like the 5, I have 3 of them.

I'll start looking at the Prime, that might suit me better. Fasttech is temporarily sold out of the SXK Clones though.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    The K5 is an excellent vape. What you would expect from a Kayfun. It is versatile in that it can be set up for DL or MTL. Just need the restrictor kit if you want MTL. The Prime with extension kit is about the same capacity of the K5 and is strictly MTL.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tig7

Tig7 Super Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Well Crap :( I probably don't need anything else anyway these 5's will last for many years I think.

I was just looking for one more to put back to last through the coming ban.

• Like Like x 3
  16. vapdivrr

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I run 70vg always, that's my preferred mix and haven't had any issues, so I think we can eliminate that, unless you see that this mix is a mistake and looks way thicker...I believe they can even run to 80vg without issues....I know the tank isnt that old, but if you believe it's not a wicking issue usually what's left is an oring issue. I personally never needed to change any kayfun orings before a few years, but i have heard of faulty ones or perhaps one received some damage and if that happens, theres no doubt it will cause those issues. If the tank isnt completely sealed, when you draw, the liquid will not be brought up high enough to properly saturate the wicks....so it might be worth it to just replace all orings. You said you went thru it all, so maybe you've done that? Have you made sure the positive block is not loose by checking that the af tube is snug? About bubbles, I really dont think that's a foolproof way of checking that the tank is working correctly, I honestly dont think I get a bubble every puff, but I dont really look either and if one does pop up, you might miss it cause it might be on the other side. How many turns open do you do juice control?

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    2-2.5 turns. AF tube as snug as my hands can get it. I think from what you've said I should replace all the o-rings with a proper new set. They may have looked okay but looks can be deceiving. Thank you. I'm convinced now that it's the o-rings.

• Like Like x 1
  18. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Hey Tigger:). I own a SMJY V5 and couldn't be happier with the quality. The only thing I see replacing are the o-rings. I also have a couple of Primes and 2019s. Those are definitely MTL as already stated by Bronze. I tried getting similar AF on the V5 (without the MTL kit) as my Prime. I ended up setting the V5 on hole 1 and the Prime wide open, hole 6. Close but still different. Two different RTAs. I always thought of the V5 as a RL although it's marketed as a DL. What's important is that your satisfied with it and sounds like you're all set! Don't go down the rabbit hole like some of us or else I'll be seeing you in the Shinyitis Support thread:laugh:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. vapdivrr

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Usually it is wicking, but after seeing how many times you have rewicks, I'm just throwing out another possibility. Sometimes I feel bad telling folks it's still their wicking when they have tried different wicking techniques a ton of times, as it makes me feel bad that i dont trust their abilities. So have you ever posted pics of one of your builds that was giving you issues? When it is a wicking issue with dry hits, it usually is not enough material in the coil, but it also can be too much, tails to short, tails to long , tails to bushy, tails not enough bulk or tails blocking holes.....once you have had an unsuccessful build in for a couple days and you rewicked, how easy or hard was it for you to unthread that wick from coil? Did it just slide out fairly easy? Did you have to hold coil as you removed it, as it would of bent the coil? One more thing, and sorry if you've already posted this, but what diameter is your coil? It definitely can be the orings, especially the 2 from the top cap ,so replacing them will at least drop them from the equation.

• Like Like x 2
  20. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    I really appreciate the effort you've put into my inquiry. I need to report back that it was definitely the o-rings. I replaced all of them and it's working like a champ now. If you're still curious about my coil and wicking......I usually use a 2.5mm ID, 28g wire on my Prime. Although I've tried other builds from time to time. My wick neither slides out with ease nor pulls on my coil during removal. I do know what you mean about wicking though. There have been times when I did a rush job and didn't prepare the wick properly and got dry hits. Such a sensitive subject:rolleyes:! Thx again for your fantastic help.:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1