Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Going to make a pure guess about leaving the original o-ring on the chimney when using the extension for the dome or long mode setup. Perhaps it helps 'lock on' the extension to the chimney so the two pieces don't separate when unscrewing the tank at refill time.

I've had that happen and I don't use the original chimney o-ring with the extension piece. Think next time it's apart I'll put that o-ring back on the chimney.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
funny

could you explain why you think that oring is not needed?

It isn't needed between the chimney and chimney extension. I know this because I took them off without issue. I don't remember why. I thought I had read it somewhere but maybe not. Maybe I don't have an issue not using it because I crank the whole tank upper tight as hell, so it doesn't come apart when unscrewing the base.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Going to make a pure guess about leaving the original o-ring on the chimney when using the extension for the dome or long mode setup. Perhaps it helps 'lock on' the extension to the chimney so the two pieces don't separate when unscrewing the tank at refill time.

I've had that happen and I don't use the original chimney o-ring with the extension piece. Think next time it's apart I'll put that o-ring back on the chimney.
I've noticed (at least with my original chimney o-ring and the chimney extension o-ring) that the original o-ring is thicker than the one on the extension. Matter of fact, the o-ring on the ext. is loose and flimsy.

Reactions: AstroTurf

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
So they do. I retract some of what I said then. The o ring needs to be left on the end of the extension though as it creates a needed seal there.
'cept for when I had the o-ring on the extension top I got that resistance drop. Now, maybe it has something to do with the o-ring being loose and flimsy, Idk, but when I removed it the resistance returned to normal. Just to satisfy my curiosity I'll see if I can find a better fitting o-ring and see what happens again.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Thank you, everyone for all the help and suggestions. I always learn something useful from everyone. @Bronze though your advice flew in the face of SM's instructions, it solved my problem. It's hard to have faith in the suggestions of electricians when they speak of "ghosts" but I just have to learn to trust the experience of the pros. Doing a little search I found some articles on unusual/unexpected electrical current flow. This one was especially fun if you're curious. I may be a "human sparker":p

Report your Unusual Phenomena: High Voltage People

Reactions: AstroTurf

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
This new version of the Kayfun Lite looks like it could be a very good replacement for my old Kayfun Lite-Plus V2 atomizers that I have been mouth to lung vaping on for the last 6 years.

The only BIG PROBLEM I see with it is that it's so short ... It only holds 2ml of juice.

I can't understand why they can't make this new version where is would hold 4.5ml of juice like the old Kayfun Lite-Plus V2 ? ?

B3WaGZ2.jpg

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
You can buy the extension kit which makes it around 3.5ml. They really sip juice.

Ok ... I found the 'Long Mode' kit for the 22mm version of the Kayfun 2019. Increases juice capacity of the 22mm atty to 4.0ml

Does anyone know who makes the best quality clone of the Kayfun 2019 ? .. (maybe YFTK or SXK) ?

Last edited:
Reactions: muth

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Ok ... I found the 'Long Mode' kit for the 22mm version of the Kayfun 2019. Increases juice capacity of the 22mm atty to 4.0ml

Does anyone know who makes the best quality clone of the Kayfun 2019 ? .. (maybe YFTK or SXK) ?
I have both, a YFTK 24mm and an SXK 22mm. I prefer the YFTK because the threads are nicer but that could just be coincidence in this case. For general clones, I choose YFTK or ULTON over SXK these days. The ULTON factory is where SXK was (is) made. One exception would be the SXK Billet Box, of course:).

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
This new version of the Kayfun Lite looks like it could be a very good replacement for my old Kayfun Lite-Plus V2 atomizers that I have been mouth to lung vaping on for the last 6 years.

The only BIG PROBLEM I see with it is that it's so short ... It only holds 2ml of juice.

I can't understand why they can't make this new version where is would hold 4.5ml of juice like the old Kayfun Lite-Plus V2 ? ?

B3WaGZ2.jpg
If it had the same juice capacity as the KFL Plus then it would be the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread