Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I'm exactly the same way, Matt! I can adjust the font on my phone, (G Note 2), so I don't have problems reading on it. I even have Kindle for Android installed on it so I can read books on it. I get books free from Bookbub & Freebooksy. The books all come from Amazon, you can search there from free books & voila! I have plenty of free reading material!

Mine is a Note 2 as well. I want a Note 4 but that's gonna have to wait on $$. Wife gave me a Galaxy Tab 4 7" for Christmas. It's kinda like a bigger Note 2 cept no phone. Who needs a phone anyway? ☺

Sent with no malice and not a whole lot of forethought from my new Galaxy Tab 4. Thanks Santa!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
You can buy those external batteries on Amazon and other places a lot cheaper than from your neighborhood repair dude or the Geek Squad weenies.

Sent with no malice and not a whole lot of forethought from my new Galaxy Tab 4. Thanks Santa!

Yep the external on is no problem the internal one is what I am not sure of.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I'm exactly the same way, Matt! I can adjust the font on my phone, (G Note 2), so I don't have problems reading on it. I even have Kindle for Android installed on it so I can read books on it. I get books free from Bookbub & Freebooksy. The books all come from Amazon, you can search there from free books & voila! I have plenty of free reading material!

If your a member of Prime they are all free just about. This tab is almost exactly like reading g a paperback.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
It's not just you, Rat. I can drink a whole pot, & then take a nap! I get a nap in every afternoon. Even if I don't actually sleep, but just doze. My joints need the relaxing effect. But I have to do it early afternoon or i'll be up all night. As it is, I'm usually awake, reading or watching tv till about midnight. But then I don't wake up till 8 or 9. I could just do everything earlier, I guess, but the onlt reason I sleep at night at all is because of the meds I take at night.

Caffeine used to not bother me at all, now with this not sleeping junk I am trying just about anything and it seems that maybe caffeine did bother me after all.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Ummm. Read the release for chemo :). Basically comes down to, "These drugs may save your life. Or they may kill you. Either way, you will get very sick while you are trying to process the poison." It's hard to know the right answer, sometimes. I think it is a good thing that all known side effects are now disclosed; as we all know, that hasn't been the case for all that long. And I know that some of the side effects of many drugs are frightening. But, there's a risk/reward equation. I might, for example, rather be alive and have side effects. What really irks me, tho, is when people read the disclosure, say they understand, experience side effects, and then believe they should be compensated for it. Really? Really? (Now off soapbox!)
Y'all remember that those are lists of POSSIBLE side effects. Not every one is effected by them. It's just POSSIBLE that you ciuld be, so they list them so you'll know what to watch for. I take several med's, & only have a side effect from one. Hair loss. Dr had me start taking OTC folic acid & it stopped. I take a painkiller, anxiety, & benedryl at night for the reason's they were intended for, so I can sleep without pain, panic attacks in the middle of the night, & allergies. I only take those during the day if I need them, but I HAVE to take them at night. So the fact that they make me sleepy is a positive side effect!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Mine is a Note 2 as well. I want a Note 4 but that's gonna have to wait on $$. Wife gave me a Galaxy Tab 4 7" for Christmas. It's kinda like a bigger Note 2 cept no phone. Who needs a phone anyway? ☺

I get all my phones from my provider. All refurbished. I paid 1.07 for my Note 2 six months after they came out with free activation. Watching for a good deal from them on a Samsung tablet with a stylus now. No data charges as long as I have access to wifi.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Fortunately, da ol' days of 'shotgun cancer chemo cocktails' are waning. Cancer cell ID methods have come a long way, which in turn enables proper, minimal and, hopefully, effective treatments.

It took four lab tries before Patty had her c-cells ID'd (oligodendroglioma). She took a Temodar (brain cancer drug) pill five times a week for a year with no perceivable side effects. Her radiation sessions did cause a permanent bald spot. Small 'price' to pay in light of her original 6-12 month prognosis near eight years ago!

OK, I'm startin' to ramble... just wanted to 'inject' some positive vibes...

Iffy, that's so awesome! Doin' a happy dance!!!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina

I got the Note 4 during the Thanksgiving sales at Verizon. I had liked the Note 2 so well, I wanted it. Of course I got it for $62 during the sale. There are some really cool things on it but not a huge difference. I was happier to be leaving Sprint and going back to Verizon. Now there was a huge difference. Did not like Sprint from the beginning. But the 2 years went by really fast. I just wish they had made it much bigger. I love a big phone.

I swear coffee really doesn't seem to keep me up. Ya'll know I'm usually backwards to the normal person. And I need to test it again, but I think drinking wine helps me sleep better.

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
Today starts the medication experiment. Lately I have been a little "muzzy" headed in the early afternoon and I am pretty sure something I am taking is causing it. Since most of my meds say "take one daily" but don't say when during the day, I am going to experiment, one med at a time, moving them to the evening and seeing if that feeling goes away. Wish me luck. Depression med is the first one. Not going to stop it (God no) just going to take it this afternoon instead of this morning.

Most of the depression meds I've ever taken cause some kind of drowsiness

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Most of the depression meds I've ever taken cause some kind of drowsiness

Mine might too. That explains why I want to take a nap at 3 in the afternoon cause, I damn sure don't wanna sleep at night.

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
Y'all been talking about meds and side effects and stuff. Over the years, experience has taught me that most meds SUCK!! Some of them will kill ya before they cure you. Thankfully I have a pretty decent relationship with my internist. I'm pretty blunt with him. After all, he DOES work for me. Anyway, I do have to take meds for type II diabetes. I take them begrudgingly, but I take them. I do take medication for depression because I have the body chemistry from hell. Oh well. It is what it is.

BUT, for some things, I just won't take medication. I've already decided if I ever come down with cancer, I'm going natural. No offense meant to those who are doing chemo and radiation. You have my utmost respect and admiration. I watched my mother get weaker and weaker with chemo. I saw the burns on her upper back from radiation. When she passed away, she was actually in remission. There was just nothing left to her and I was able to pick her up in my arms like a baby.

I watched my deceased husband go out with grace and dignity in spite of what radiation and chemo did to him. I heard the man, who never complained, scream in agony when he tried to brush his teeth with the radiation burns on both sides of his mouth. I saw this same active individual struggle just to go to the bathroom because he was just so tired from the chemo.

Anyway, sorry for my ramble. I just got carried away. Forgive me.

Reactions: yiddleboge6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread