Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Morning Porchers...

Woke up to a winter wonderland and it's supposed to snow into the night. So far, this will be the most accumulation we'll have had all this winter! Very unusual...but I like it!Was bothered last evening by a tellemarketer phone call...and the same call before 8:00 a.m. !

I called them back, pushed the O no. a dozen times till a real person answered...then proceeded to tell them off...felt rather good...think I'll do that from now on...

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Morning Porchers...

Woke up to a winter wonderland and it's supposed to snow into the night. So far, this will be the most accumulation we'll have had all this winter! Very unusual...but I like it!Was bothered last evening by a tellemarketer phone call...and the same call before 8:00 a.m. !

I called them back, pushed the O no. a dozen times till a real person answered...then proceeded to tell them off...felt rather good...think I'll do that from now on...
Yeah that's great relief for aggravation & frustration. I see articles & comments about having pity on the people who make those calls, & they're just trying to make a living. Ummmm, no. It's a temp job, not a career, d they don't get paid squat. So I'm actually helping motivate them to get going on that real job.
I'm a good motivator.

umanbean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2009
Georgia, USA
Was bothered last evening by a tellemarketer phone call...and the same call before 8:00 a.m.!

Next time, try this:

Tom Mabe is hilarious! I've heard several of his recordings of telemarketer phone calls and he's good at pranking them. He even went to Las Vegas to a telemarketer conference, stayed in the hotel with them, and started calling other rooms at ~2 a.m. :D

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
but... one last dance

Oh my, ya just tossed me back into my Teen Club (dancing) years with one of my fav songs. Thanx for the major flashbacks!
thumbsup.gif

Was bothered last evening by a tellemarketer phone call...and the same call before 8:00 a.m. !

I don't answer my phones if a caller is not in my contact list. If it's important, leave a message! This has greatly reduced my phone time.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Good morning, Porchers! :)

Morning Porchers...

Kay, good for you! I would have loved to hear what you had to say to them!!!! :thumbs:

Next time, try this:

Tom Mabe is hilarious! I've heard several of his recordings of telemarketer phone calls and he's good at pranking them. He even went to Las Vegas to a telemarketer conference, stayed in the hotel with them, and started calling other rooms at ~2 a.m. :D

So funny!

I've gotten fewer calls since I've been using a technique my daughter taught me.
When called ID flashes someone I know is a telemarketer, I answer, say nothing, and press one of the keys which produces a fax-like tone......I keep it on and wait a few seconds till I hear the hang-up....supposedly the caller thinks it's a wrong number, and hangs up and hopefully cancels my number for future calls.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I don't answer my phones if a caller is not in my contact list. If it's important, leave a message! This has greatly reduced my phone time.

Likewise. Our answering machine recording asks them to leave a message and number for call back. Oddly, none of them ever do. Heck, I'd even be willing to call them back at THEIR dinner time!

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Kay, good for you! I would have loved to hear what you had to say to them!!!! :thumbs:

Gracie...the last couple of words were MO..FU.... I mean...8:00 a.m.???Woke me up??!!!

I know, I know, kinda tacky.... but if you knew the dream i was having that was so rudely interupted....

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Next time, try this:

LOVE it!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Oh my, ya just tossed me back into my Teen Club (dancing) years with one of my fav songs. Thanx for the major flashbacks!
thumbsup.gif

That's what I do, too!

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
On Telemarketing :: I just pretend I'm even older than I actually am (which gets easier every year ..) and keep saying "Hello, hello, hello .. ??" as if I really can't hear what they are saying .. and the calls where you can hear office discussion and activity in the background could be an eavesdropping delight .. ;) .. there was once this much touted program called the "Do Not Call List" initiated in 2004, of which I became a Charter Member .. only to discover that a long list of exceptions such as Political Org, non-profit, surveys, etc were still allowed ..

So, like "Trickle Down Economics", this Program was an apparent failure .. ;)

I am so looking forward to the Primary getting closer in order to be inundated with Presidential surveys, etc .. last cycle, I was delighted to have had Mitt Romney call me for a personal chat, only to have my joy dashed as I quickly discovered it was just Robo Call .. ;) .. so, if Mark Rubio calls this year, I won't really know for sure if it's really him or just another Robo Call .. ;)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Ohh Trickle down economics worked fine they just did not tell us about the suck up aspect of it.
Wall street types got lots richer. Working class lost money due to inflation and offshoring. Which is the inevitable result of free trade and a global economy.
working class lost tax breaks and the upper class got more tax breaks.
I can recall when I could deduct interest paid on car loans and credit cards.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Ohh Trickle down economics worked fine they just did not tell us about the suck up aspect of it.
Wall street types got lots richer. Working class lost money due to inflation and offshoring. Which is the inevitable result of free trade and a global economy.

Now, Mr Cromwell, I did not say "Trickle Up Economics" did not work .. ;)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
We just had a surprise drop in on the HO.....Semi dropped in from the Philippines for a brief few minutes.....looking healthy and tan....wanted us to tell everyone HI !! :)
oh good, thanks for letting us know! Been wonderin bout him

Yep ... but then they'd probably start acting their age bashing each other around.

2275379291.jpg
that looks like entirely too much fun!!

My arms still hurt

Last stinkie 10/15/2013
So sorry they're still hurting so much. Has it gotten better than it was at least? And while we may have some momentary memory lapses here, you're never forgotten! We care about ya hun :wub:

Yep, the bitter was deep in my bones on Super Bowl Sunday. Some of it is still with me today.
So sorry you're feeling so bad. (((((((((Roto)))))))))) :wub:

Jup sometimes that still works.

Next time, try this:

oh this is priceless! Love it!!! He might have some issues with impersonating a police officer though.

I answer, say nothing, and press one of the keys which produces a fax-like tone......I keep it on and wait a few seconds till I hear the hang-up....supposedly the caller thinks it's a wrong number, and hangs up and hopefully cancels my number for future calls.
I've tried this since you were talking about it, and keep meaning to ask you, but keep forgetting. When I mash a button, it doesn't give a prolonged beep, just one short one, so it hasn't worked for me.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think trickle down actually worked. For about a year or two.
Then one CEO said... psst... Joe just bought a yacht. I'm a gotta get one of those. But bigger!
Then it gets out that another got a plane. Ooooohhh. Gottagettabigger one...
And it started to trickle up with greed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread