Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
... just got started building coils on a kayfun Lite Plus V2 clone (it's an Infinite clone, but it's really similar to the Ehpro clone). I've been building several coils a day, trying to find something that works for me, and I finally have a setup I like. Here are some things I learned this week:..

This is my first post on this thread. Im 56 and have been vaping for about 1 1/2 years. I am currently vaping Kayfun lite+, KFL v2 and 3 Russian91% topping both mech mods and Provari. I run the same builds ...

WOW! Think I'll just saunter off to pout & spout with my MVP2 and Nautili BVCs. IOW, nice couple o' informative posts!
thumbsup.gif

Why are you guys busting my chops???

"Your Honor, I present da defendants' own post quoted below as chop busting justification!"

Double post:facepalm:

mek,

So glad to have ya on da front porch! You give evidence that ya've been dere and done dat. Hope ya enjoy our lil' gatherin'!

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Yep, you know it wet when they name types of boats for the location you live at. :(

DOwn here in Louisiana we don't have to have rain to have it wet. We can drink the air most days it is so humid. ;)

Edit to add I am so waiting on Novemeber when our temps go below 90 and my clearomizers stop leaking from the heat when I go outside.

Last edited:

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Hi Folks, newbie here. Nice to find some older folks here. I know they looked a bit surprised when Granny here walked into the closest Vape Shop, which was almost 2 hours away, as I am a country gal and live out in the sticks, nothing like that around here. Very nice fella's there though.
19 days smoke free, bought my first e-cig at a local smoke shop and have not had a cigarette since and after a week, took that long drive to get some decent equipment. So far, have never found a flavor I like, so am vaping pure VG for the time being.
Just wanted to jump in and introduce myself, this forum has been a great help to me and I do a lot of reading here for support.

So how old does one have to be to hang out on this porch? :) I'm 48. Smoked about 25 cigs/day for about 25 years, then switched to pipes and cigars for about 6 years, then to vaping about 3 months ago. Spending a quiet Sunday afternoon on my front porch reading a good book and chain-vaping the day away is a little bit of heaven.

This is my first post on this thread. Im 56 and have been vaping for about 1 1/2 years. I am currently vaping Kayfun lite+, KFL v2 and 3 Russian91% topping both mech mods and Provari. I run the same builds on all of them with great results. I also build my wife's KF mini's this way, she uses Evod type batteries. Both standard and spinners.

28g wire, 7 wraps around a 2mm screw driver wicked with organic cotton. Yes I have tried a lot of different builds and wicking materials, including rayon cotton (to much flavor loss for me). this gives me about a 1.3ohm coil that works great at 3.7v. It's nothing fancy but it gets the job done in spades. It's safe, durable and delivers good vapor and flavor. I rebuild them about once a month and dry burn and re wick about once a week or when ever they seem to need it.

No worries. I dry mine off as best I can with a paper towel then blow the water out of the bottom connection and build, wick, fill and vape. Just blow on them to clear as much water out of them as you can and you should be good to go!!

Welcome to the porch new people! Very glad to have you. We have a back porch too if you'd like to drop by where we can shoot the breeze (where did that phrase ever come from?) and don't have to stick to vaping like we do here on the Front Porch. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/lounge/520776-older-folks-vaping-back-porch-part-2-a-249.html

Hello and welcome to all the new faces- glad to have you on the porch. Can't ever have too many good people to visit with.

Update on the BIL- he's been off the coffin nails for 2 weeks with the outfit we picked out for him. That makes me feel good that he might actually get over the hump this time.

Sent from the north 40 via messenger cow

That's great news Bolivar. He's lucky to have you if he has any questions. Feels great to help somebody make the transition doesn't it? We had kind of lost hope with our friend who we set up with a kit a couple of months ago. Then he stopped over earlier this week and said he used it when he went on his fishing trip in Canada a few weeks ago! Wow! There's hope! I told him to stop back here with it so we could check it over for him and make he has enough juice. Hope he does it.

Geeze, I was here this morning and had to go out for the afternoon. You guys were really busy today! Took me awhile to catch up!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Edit to add I am so waiting on Novemeber when our temps go below 90 and my clearomizers stop leaking from the heat when I go outside.

Don't think you'll have to wait near dat long. You're gonna have a cold front dat might reach ya in a week. If dat doesn't give ya relief, da one after definitely will.

As fer our folk north of da M-D line and mid-USA, break out your sweaters and jackets! Gonna be 'nother tuff winter fer ya'll...
shiver.gif

Fer dose dat vape 100% VG, ya might want to adjust da ratio while outside!

Last edited:

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
This is my first post on this thread. Im 56 and have been vaping for about 1 1/2 years. I am currently vaping Kayfun lite+, KFL v2 and 3 Russian91% topping both mech mods and Provari. I run the same builds on all of them with great results. I also build my wife's KF mini's this way, she uses Evod type batteries. Both standard and spinners.

28g wire, 7 wraps around a 2mm screw driver wicked with organic cotton. Yes I have tried a lot of different builds and wicking materials, including rayon cotton (to much flavor loss for me). this gives me about a 1.3ohm coil that works great at 3.7v. It's nothing fancy but it gets the job done in spades. It's safe, durable and delivers good vapor and flavor. I rebuild them about once a month and dry burn and re wick about once a week or when ever they seem to need it.

No worries. I dry mine off as best I can with a paper towel then blow the water out of the bottom connection and build, wick, fill and vape. Just blow on them to clear as much water out of them as you can and you should be good to go!!

Welcome to the porch and thanks for the great info and I don't care where your from! :) Don't forget to join us on the back porch. We have a lot of fun there.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 Android phone on a keyboard that waaayyy too small (or my thumbs are waaayyy too big).

Last edited:

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
This is my first post on this thread. Im 56 and have been vaping for about 1 1/2 years. I am currently vaping Kayfun lite+, KFL v2 and 3 Russian91% topping both mech mods and Provari. I run the same builds on all of them with great results. I also build my wife's KF mini's this way, she uses Evod type batteries. Both standard
Welcome to the porch!!
I got the cutest Bedazzle Glass Tubes for my Mini Nautilus tanks today.... currently enjoying one with an Apricot juice on my Navy Blue Hana Mini;)
I agree... I want pictures!!! I'm sure the show us yer girlie thread would want copies too!!

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
DOwn here in Louisiana we don't have to have rain to have it wet. We can drink the air most days it is so humid. ;)

I don't know how you guys deal with the humidity. It gets to 110 here and it's no real problem once you get used to it. Used to work in fire and that got a bit toasty. 90 degrees and high humidity and I melt. :(

Haven't had a problem with Davides leaking due to weather. Minis or adults, they're real troopers. Going to the closest "real" town is a 1,500' drop/gain and it never fails that I forget to flip the tank upside down coming home. Floods every time. Never leave home without Q-tips.

Has anybody had problems with their ecigs and rain? Obviously getting them soaked is not a good idea. Since I started over a year and a half ago, there hasn't been much rain here. Lucked out every time I went to visit my folks in Portland. I'm really hoping my "luck" runs out in October when we go up. Jest be taking my little Spinners along. :facepalm:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Wow, only took 3 hours for a one hour commute tonight :blink:

Hope you all had a great day today :)

TGIF and I can hang out and test out all the new vape mail :lol: Really liking this waffle flavor that showed up....... I have discovered that I have a horrible sweet tooth.

Cheers! :toast:

/me silently pads in on my kitty feet and says in my most sneaky voice "Mt Baker Vapor Bananas FOster" then pads out

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I don't know how you guys deal with the humidity. It gets to 110 here and it's no real problem once you get used to it. Used to work in fire and that got a bit toasty. 90 degrees and high humidity and I melt. :(

Haven't had a problem with Davides leaking due to weather. Minis or adults, they're real troopers. Going to the closest "real" town is a 1,500' drop/gain and it never fails that I forget to flip the tank upside down coming home. Floods every time. Never leave home without Q-tips.

Has anybody had problems with their ecigs and rain? Obviously getting them soaked is not a good idea. Since I started over a year and a half ago, there hasn't been much rain here. Lucked out every time I went to visit my folks in Portland. I'm really hoping my "luck" runs out in October when we go up. Jest be taking my little Spinners along. :facepalm:

Well, we do have some rain up here... :laugh:

And something like 27 words for it!

I didn't smoke out in the rain :vapor:, and don't (often) vape out , either. But if kept in an inside pocket, or purse, or holster under a jacket, taking it out for a few puffs, as long as not a downpour, there's really not much of a problem. Just don't want to be flooding anything. External drops can just be wiped off.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL

I didn't smoke out in the rain :vapor:, and don't (often) vape out , either. But if kept in an inside pocket, or purse, or holster under a jacket, taking it out for a few puffs, as long as not a downpour, there's really not much of a problem. Just don't want to be flooding anything. External drops can just be wiped off.

While not waterproof everything I vapes appears to be at least slightly water tolerant. Haven't dropped anything in a puddle yet but, have vaped in the rain many times.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 Android phone on a keyboard that waaayyy too small (or my thumbs are waaayyy too big).

AllPepperS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Palm City, FL
OK, guys I got something done.....The freehand wrap wasn't doing it for me, so I took the 28ga and wrapped it around one of those little silver screw drivers, 9 wraps, heated it up on the Provari tightened it up on the cool down and it's reading 1.89 ohms. I gotta get a picture, not the prettiest, but the first. If the cotton stuff comes tomorrow I will try to wick it or go to CVS and see if they have the organic cotton balls. My brain is fried, gotta go to bed :blink: Thanks for all the help, I will go back and read it again tomorrow when I can digest it a bit better. Night all :sleep:

PapaSloth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2014
Portland, OR, USA
OK, guys I got something done.....The freehand wrap wasn't doing it for me, so I took the 28ga and wrapped it around one of those little silver screw drivers, 9 wraps, heated it up on the Provari tightened it up on the cool down and it's reading 1.89 ohms. I gotta get a picture, not the prettiest, but the first. If the cotton stuff comes tomorrow I will try to wick it or go to CVS and see if they have the organic cotton balls. My brain is fried, gotta go to bed :blink: Thanks for all the help, I will go back and read it again tomorrow when I can digest it a bit better. Night all :sleep:
Great AllPepperS! I hope it goes great tomorrow!

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
This is my first post on this thread. Im 56 and have been vaping for about 1 1/2 years.
I dry mine off as best I can with a paper towel then blow the water out of the bottom connection and build, wick, fill and vape. Just blow on them to clear as much water out of them as you can and you should be good to go!!

Yep, that's the way I do it too ... never any problems
Welcome to the porch

[
I really don't care for the recessed button.QUOTE]

Me either .. I just run my thumb across until I feel the button, and it irritates me when I have to stop and look at the mod to find where it is.
I have a few that are recessed, and they are in the "back up box", for when I don't have anything else left to use (will probably become valuable antiques someday) :p

Really liking this waffle flavor that showed up....... I have discovered that I have a horrible sweet tooth.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

Thank you for answering David. You guys really are a nice shade of rust up there. I never learned the 27 words, just downpour, rain, sprinkles and scattered showers (euphemism for sunny).

Don’t know what I expected by asking. Perhaps a short when rain seeped in around the the battery button or under the tank. I did smoke in the rain and cupped it with my hand but remember that dreaded thunk when the tip took a direct and then the phisss as it went out, lol.

Thank you too Matt. Just my luck to drop it in a puddle but on the bright side I could then try one of the NJoys. :unsure:

Me either .. I just run my thumb across until I feel the button, and it irritates me when I have to stop and look at the mod to find where it is.
I have a few that are recessed, and they are in the "back up box", for when I don't have anything else left to use (will probably become valuable antiques someday) :p

I’m so glad somebody agrees with me. If the FDA gets their way they may be antiques sooner than you think. :(

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Don't think you'll have to wait near dat long. You're gonna have a cold front dat might reach ya in a week. If dat doesn't give ya relief, da one after definitely will.

As fer our folk north of da M-D line and mid-USA, break out your sweaters and jackets! Gonna be 'nother tuff winter fer ya'll...
It is 45 deg. outside right now, and rain moving my way, when none was predicted. I don't mind a wet and white winter. I do mind a cold winter. And I don't believe that weather predictions are set in stone.

Old faithful is acting up again. Won't turn on.

AllPepperS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Palm City, FL
Morning all, Thanks again for all the info and encouragement. I am not dead but starting coil building at 67/68 (whatever it is) is good brain exercise. Makes you think, get a result and hopefully success. I went back and re-read everything, I keep a text edit file open and copy/paste all advice. Most of you all are ahead of me and while I seem to be purchasing a lot of stuff, you do have to build a bit of a stash. It's the investment in the future what ever that may be. I won't get into what I think of government. :closedeyes:

So this morning after I let the coil sleep it's reading 1.9, my BVC coils are supposed to be 1.8's and they read mostly 1.9 or 2.0. Think I am in the ball park and it's a start. I actually didn't use the magnifying stuff except for close inspection, I could see it. I have watched a lot of uTube videos and while some of them are extremely painful to get through (why are they never ready? don't have the scissors?) , I did find some good ones and saved them. I am set up where I can watch and go right along with them, pause, try it, play, sometimes over and over :p

On a side note, part of the vapemail that did arrive was the MVP2, it's pretty cool. I had to take time out to check it out. My only complaint was the screen was sorta scratched. Doesn't interfere at all with the display read out, but I like to scratch my own stuff. It's the plain silver and the display is sorta mirrored. I like it though, fits well in the hand and looked great with my Mini Nautilus with the metal T sleeve :D and was charged on arrival. Way last spring I bought a Kanger Mini V2 tank that I thought (silly me) might fit my Triton batteries, no, but it fits the MVP. :) Looks like a great addition to the Prothingie and a simple traveler. They do need to update the charger to a lightning connex, the 30 pin is a bit dated though, but I do have a vintage iPod that will work on it should the need arise.

Have a great day all, rainy here east coast FL, but my orchids love it.

Tracy

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread