Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

holimakaru

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
Holy Geez Batman, you can't buy the bare board for $20 and here's a complete DNA 75 mod for $20. If we hadn't just bought 4 mods this month I'd jump on this.

AVAIL | Kanger K1 Box Mod

Dam enabler!!! Was hoping would be OOS but was not so.....

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Who was I kidding ... I just checked and they were still in stock ... (kind of hoping they were OOS as I need another mod like I need more taxes). But I just did an Iffy and placed a yin and yang order for a couple of these for Janet and me. Considering she lost a Radius on her trip to Glacier Park ... if she loses this one we're only out 20 bucks not 200.
Makes sense to me. I found out if you don't push the fire button hard it doesn't stick. I haven't tried the SS316 setting it has or anything actually besides the profile I use from steam engine but I'm sure they work. Especially straight power.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I wonder if nic can get really strong tasting? I've had this nic thawed and un refrigerated for quite some time now and I kept thinking it was the flavoring but I'm kind of wondering if it's the nic now. I am barely using any flavor and it still has a bite to it to me. I have to take one of my liters out of the freezer and I'm going to fill 3 100ml bottles and put it back then freeze it again and 2 of the bottles also. I think I'll keep it refrigerated this time and see if it makes a difference. I use so little of it I could probably just keep 30 ml out but keep that refrigerated.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
You guys that ordered the $20 miracle when you push the fire button just push it till it clicks, that is if it's like mine. If you push it too hard have a listen and see if your atty is still firing. I just forgot and when I let off it kept showing temp control. I might change it to fire about the time I usually puff timewise then if I forget it will shut off anyway. I think I do about a 5 sec puff, I'll have to time it.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Dam enabler!!! Was hoping would be OOS but was not so.....
Psst...
4e1ce54ea0daa2003849328808b3d6ac.jpg

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
You guys that ordered the $20 miracle when you push the fire button just push it till it clicks, that is if it's like mine. If you push it too hard have a listen and see if your atty is still firing. I just forgot and when I let off it kept showing temp control. I might change it to fire about the time I usually puff timewise then if I forget it will shut off anyway. I think I do about a 5 sec puff, I'll have to time it.
When the fire button is stuck, doesn't it just fire again after the toke-time cutoff stops it?

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
I wonder if nic can get really strong tasting? I've had this nic thawed and un refrigerated for quite some time now and I kept thinking it was the flavoring but I'm kind of wondering if it's the nic now. I am barely using any flavor and it still has a bite to it to me. I have to take one of my liters out of the freezer and I'm going to fill 3 100ml bottles and put it back then freeze it again and 2 of the bottles also. I think I'll keep it refrigerated this time and see if it makes a difference. I use so little of it I could probably just keep 30 ml out but keep that refrigerated.

Yep I think its the nic. I made 150ml of juice today but oh well. It's not like I have a shortage of flavor or nic or anything for that matter will just make 5 new bottles tomorrow with fresh nic.

It is indeed the nic... nic can turn peppery when it starts to oxidize, or degrade, or whatever you call it. I keep mine in the freezer and only dispense 50 ml at most into a secondary bottle that I keep in my cabinet, Then I use that to mix with. Unless I'm feeling lazy, and I dispense directly into my recipe. :)

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
You should allow nicotine solution removed from the freezer to warm to room temperature before you open the container. Otherwise, you greatly increase the amount of oxidation that occurs both in the portion that you remove from the container and the portion that you return to the freezer. I've read that enough times that I firmly believe it.

When I posted that I was getting a Smok Beast tank, I was pretty dismissive of comments that said I should reduce my nic level. I now apologize for that dismissiveness. My vape is a lot smoother with reduced nic. My usual has been 12-13 mg/ml. I made up some 10 mg/ml, but have been reducing that further by adding more VG directly into the tank. I LOVE that this tank is top-fill! It's so easy to fill that it more than makes up for the fact that the capacity is less than the 7 ml Kanger Subtank.

I'm waiting to see if Element Vape has a 10-20% off coupon for Labor Day. Until then, I've slowed my roll on new purchases.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
You should allow nicotine solution removed from the freezer to warm to room temperature before you open the container. Otherwise, you greatly increase the amount of oxidation that occurs both in the portion that you remove from the container and the portion that you return to the freezer. I've read that enough times that I firmly believe it.

I've read that also, but have never seen a reason that makes me understand what reactions/properties cause that. I guess that I am one that sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. I have seen no degradation in my nic and I just finished up what I bought when I did my first large stock order several years ago.

WVvet

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
WV
Hey all. Been away from ECF for quite awhile. It was absolutely essential when I started vaping over six years ago and quit smoking in just a couple weeks! Found my happy place with EGO batt and EMDCC carto tanks for years, then they stopped selling the EMDCC and I got a box mod with carto tanks. Awesome combo. Now they have stopped selling the carto tanks...Arghh. So I am desperately seeking suggestions for a new tank that has the "filtered" feel of the carto tanks. Most non carto tanks I've tried are just to "airy" if that makes sense. Welcome any input...

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Hey all. Been away from ECF for quite awhile. It was absolutely essential when I started vaping over six years ago and quit smoking in just a couple weeks! Found my happy place with EGO batt and EMDCC carto tanks for years, then they stopped selling the EMDCC and I got a box mod with carto tanks. Awesome combo. Now they have stopped selling the carto tanks...Arghh. So I am desperately seeking suggestions for a new tank that has the "filtered" feel of the carto tanks. Most non carto tanks I've tried are just to "airy" if that makes sense. Welcome any input...
I've never used a carto tank, so keep that in mind when deciding whether my advice is meaningful. The least airy tank that I ever used is the Kanger Evod. It also is discontinued but you can still get a hold of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread