Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Never saw a 'white' KFL .... nice match to your Ohmwrecker (I think that may be it' name, not sure).
It's a hex ohm, lol! You were close, tho! I got a couple of the white Ehpro's during yhe stocking up run a couple of years ago. They only look good on my white Hex, tho. Kinda nursey, tho.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Looked up the Subtank Mini. Hard to find but they have them on FT for $21. Never used one myself. I get the impression they have more airflow than a KFL or nautilus. Do you know how they compare to a Lemo for airflow.
I've never used one, but heard they atr very airy. DL hitters.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I posted yesterday regarding the Lost Vape Paranormal DNA 75C mod. Other reasons I like it: the batteries are in parallel, so both go into the mod positive end first... never have to look to see which way which one goes. Also, the battery cover and closure are as reliable and troublefree as any that I've ever used.
nice match to your Ohmwrecker (I think that may be it' name, not sure).
If that's not the name, it should be. Very punny!
Looked up the Subtank Mini. Hard to find but they have them on FT for $21. Never used one myself. I get the impression they have more airflow than a KFL or Nautilus. Do you know how they compare to a Lemo for airflow.
I can confirm that the airflow of a Subtank is a lot more than the airflow of a Nautilus. I haven't used the KFL or Lemo.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
the batteries are in parallel, so both go into the mod positive end first... never have to look to see which way which one goes.
I wouldn't even have to put my glasses on. :thumb:

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
A couple of comments:

I don't think the TC40W will work with SS316 - only Nickel.

Double batteries in parallel can be risky. Unless the mod provides each one with completely separate charging and protection circuits (I don't know that mod) it would be possible for batteries of mismatched age, strength, or capacity to get into a situation where one was either back-charging the other (DANGER of thermal runaway/explosion) or allowing the weaker battery to be discharged below the minimum (might seriously shorten that battery's life). To some extent, the risk can be minimized by pairing identical new batteries and making sure that they have identical histories of charge and discharge (keeping them "married".)

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
A couple of comments:

I don't think the TC40W will work with SS316 - only Nickel.

Double batteries in parallel can be risky. Unless the mod provides each one with completely separate charging and protection circuits (I don't know that mod) it would be possible for batteries of mismatched age, strength, or capacity to get into a situation where one was either back-charging the other (DANGER of thermal runaway/explosion) or allowing the weaker battery to be discharged below the minimum (might seriously shorten that battery's life). To some extent, the risk can be minimized by pairing identical new batteries and making sure that they have identical histories of charge and discharge (keeping them "married".)
The TC40W has a secret handshake that allows you to add Titanium mode.
1. Click the power button 5 times to turn the mod off.
2. Press the power button and the up button simultaneously for 25 seconds (seems longer) until "Ti On" appears on the screen, then release the buttons.
3. When you turn the mod back on, Ti mode is now added to the choices available when pressing the middle (mode) button.

I cannot get the TC40W to work in TC mode for more than one hit when I'm using a SS316 coil, regardless of whether I have it set for nickel or for titanium... well, it works, but it works by reverting to power mode.

My experiences suggest that the Lost Vape Paranormal has the flaws that you mentioned regarding uneven charging and allowing one of the batteries to discharge too much. I deal with that by never leaving batteries in it if it's going to be idle for a day or more.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Regarding nicotine salts:

Nude Nicotine has now reduced their price on 100 mg/ml nicotine salt liquid to $80 per liter, the same price as Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers. The advantage to buying from Nude Nicotine is that they offer their unflavored nic salt liquid in 3 different styles: Smooth, Signature and Hit. The only one I've tried is Smooth, and there is virtually no throat hit, a very pleasant vape for those who are looking for less throat hit.
https://www.nudenicotine.com/product/nicotine-salts-smooth-100mg/

Personally, I have no reason to try the Signature or Hit formulations, deliberately made with more throat hit than the Smooth formulation. If I need more throat hit I can increase the PG percentage in my DIY mixes.

The unflavored nicotine salt liquid sold by Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers is likewise excellent. It doesn't have enough throat hit for my tolerant tastes to swear that it has more throat hit than Nude Nicotine's "Smooth". Nicotine Salts - Nicotine Salt Base | LNW

Then again, I am able to notice that either of these nic salts has less throat hit than my other non-salt nicotine base liquids. It's a very pleasant vape. The caveat is that I have no major objections to any of my other nicotine liquids. The peppery taste that some people notice in some liquid nicotine is not noticeable to me, even if I'm using nic liquid that's been at room temperature for years. I am no supertaster. However, the nic salt liquids are so pleasant that I'm considering a permanent switch.

My philosophy, since I don't crave throat hit, is to use the Smooth nic salt formula from Nude Nicotine, since adding more throat hit is easy, whereas reducing throat hit is difficult or impossible.

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
Tempting to get a liter of 100 mg/ml "Hit" in pure PG. All I would need to do to get EDV would be to add 500 ml of Glycerine.

But . . . I already have 10 liters of 50 mg/ml in 50/50 and 2 liters of 100 mg/ml in pure PG of the regular nic base. Would I switch and get rid of my existing stock? I doubt it.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Tempting to get a liter of 100 mg/ml "Hit" in pure PG. All I would need to do to get EDV would be to add 500 ml of Glycerine.

But . . . I already have 10 liters of 50 mg/ml in 50/50 and 2 liters of 100 mg/ml in pure PG of the regular nic base. Would I switch and get rid of my existing stock? I doubt it.
It's just a guess, but I have doubts that "Hit" nic salt liquid would have as much throat hit as any conventional nic liquid. What is EDV?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

Are you looking fot the "Hit" nic to increase the TH or to decrease it (since it is, after all, nic salts)?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
All this talk about TC and other such new-fangled rigmarole. I never have anything to add because I buy 'sideways'.

IOW, I buy stuff at the level I'm already at. I stock up or just buy something similar with slight variations or in a different color. Nothing really new.

I did try the Vapor Flask Stout recently (26650 battery). I liked it so much that I have another on the way, in a different color.

Vendors have no idea how much money they miss out on by not having more colors!

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I've never used one, but heard they atr very airy. DL hitters.
I just kept going bigger and bigger on the airflow once I got started in that direction. The pattern is familiar: I'll try something new and for a short while it seems too airy. Before I know it, I've got it as wide open as I can get it and I've already started to think about something with bigger airflow. The Subtank followed that pattern, but it's hard for me to comprehend how I ever thought it might be too airy, because now it's way too tight for my tastes. Different strokes for different folks... it surprised me to find out how much I like big air and the biggest diameter wide-open drip tips.

Vendors have no idea how much money they miss out on by not having more colors!
I'm gonna start a new vape company called Fifty Shades Of The Color Purple. I'll get rich off my friends in this thread alone.

Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I'm not sure why you got a new doc for Patty, but having a fresh look is a good idea. Have you tried the TENs for your back? Sorry to hear it's still giving you fits. Prayers and positive vibes continue for both of you.

Patty's previous neuro doc retired. Ergo, got his recco fer a new one and we took da opt. Great guy with a hound tenacity fer answers!

Yepper, got a TENS quite a while back (no pun intended) on a recco re Unc Willie. Have yet to dig it out of my clutter. Thanx fer da reminder!

Next, stop thinking about what you'd do without her because that's not necessarily the case.

AMEN! Pat, that's a deep hole you really don't want to dig for yourself at this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just be there for her and do what you can.

As always, prayers out...

Last edited:

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Yesterday, I was working in the yard. I stopped for a break, surprising how often I have to do that, and my KF V5 leaked all over my hand. A close look and I noticed a crack in the glass. I had a vape ring on it, too. This is the second time I have broken the glass on a KF V5. The bad thing is that I do not remember bumping it or dropping it. Oh well, for now, I have 5 extra glass pieces or whatever they are called.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I just kept going bigger and bigger on the airflow once I got started in that direction. The pattern is familiar: I'll try something new and for a short while it seems too airy. Before I know it, I've got it as wide open as I can get it and I've already started to think about something with bigger airflow. The Subtank followed that pattern, but it's hard for me to comprehend how I ever thought it might be too airy, because now it's way too tight for my tastes. Different strokes for different folks... it surprised me to find out how much I like big air and the biggest diameter wide-open drip tips.

I'm gonna start a new vape company called Fifty Shades Of The Color Purple. I'll get rich off my friends in this thread alone.

Maybe as you DTL with more air flow your lungs are getting stronger & stronger so you need more airflow to compensate. Or visa versa?

Purples = brilliant!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Yesterday, I was working in the yard. I stopped for a break, surprising how often I have to do that, and my KF V5 leaked all over my hand. A close look and I noticed a crack in the glass. I had a vape ring on it, too. This is the second time I have broken the glass on a KF V5. The bad thing is that I do not remember bumping it or dropping it. Oh well, for now, I have 5 extra glass pieces or whatever they are called.
Knocking on wood!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread