Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
$99 a year for Prime is worth it if you use the video, music, free 2 day shipping, and other bennies that come with Prime.

Think I read that they were planning to use lockable landing boxes. The drone would open the box and drop the package in, then reset the lock. I don't know if it's operating anywhere yet.

If it's USPS they put it in my mailbox at the end of my driveway. If it's a big box, they drive down the driveway and drop it next to the garage door if I'm not home or inside the garage door if I am.

Amazon and other shippers have been a cash cow for the Post Office. Walmart is pushing home delivery with their internet orders, too. It's a dog eat dog relationship with online orders. The retail world has changed in the last decade or two. Target just closed their only location in our city. Kmart closed theirs about a year ago.

It's interesting that the Post Office was complaining about losing money a few years ago. USPS mail carriers are scrambling these days with packages.
The next time you pay your Prime membership, you'll find out that it's gone up to $119.

The USPS has been using lock boxes for many decades, but they are permanently placed and not delivered by drone. The letter carrier puts your package in, locks the box, then puts the key in your regular mail box. The key has the box number on it. The key can't be removed when the box is opened... I can't remember how the post office keeps people from stealing the keys when the box is open... maybe the letter carrier has access to a master key that can be removed... heck, I only used such boxes early in my mail carrying career and I forget.

USPS financial woes have to do with an unreasonable burden placed on them by Congress... in order to prefund retiree health benefit copayments 75 years in advance, the USPS has to pay $5.6 billion per year in advance. The USPS has been doing so since 2002 and must continue do so until 2057. No other company, public or private, is saddled with this amount of prepayment. During years that the economy isn't doing so well, the burden is more onerous than in years where the economy is doing very well.

The Post Office has defaulted on this pre-funding requirement every year since 2010, but it's only a debt on paper... the money belongs to the Post Office in the first place, so there's no interest on the amount and the benefits are prefunded for quite a few years already.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
A victory for vaping in PA. In 2016 PA passed a 40% tax on all e-cig product sales. If that wasn't bad enough for vendors it was retroactive ... meaning they had to pay almost immediately a 40% tax on their existing inventory. Over 130 vape shops closed their doors before the new tax law became effective as they could not anti-up the 'floor tax' on current inventory and saw a bleak future trying to compete with on-line sales and neighboring states.

Kingdom Vapor sued the state and won. They claimed the tax should not apply to batteries, mods and tanks as the wording in the law was so specific to 'tobacco' products. The courts, unbelievably, agreed and limited the tax to e-juice and complete kits (mod & tank) excluding mods and tanks sold separately. Splitting hairs, yes, but the split worked in favor of vape shops and consumers ... a bit of relief is better than none.

The Commonwealth Court has made their decision: Kingdom Vapor Emerges Victorious

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
A victory for vaping in PA. In 2016 PA passed a 40% tax on all e-cig product sales. If that wasn't bad enough for vendors it was retroactive ... meaning they had to pay almost immediately a 40% tax on their existing inventory. Over 130 vape shops closed their doors before the new tax law became effective as they could not anti-up the 'floor tax' on current inventory and saw a bleak future trying to compete with on-line sales and neighboring states.

Kingdom Vapor sued the state and won. They claimed the tax should not apply to batteries, mods and tanks as the wording in the law was so specific to 'tobacco' products. The courts, unbelievably, agreed and limited the tax to e-juice and complete kits (mod & tank) excluding mods and tanks sold separately. Splitting hairs, yes, but the split worked in favor of vape shops and consumers ... a bit of relief is better than none.

The Commonwealth Court has made their decision: Kingdom Vapor Emerges Victorious
Until the next round...

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Until the next round...

How true. PA has a bad history when it comes to taxes. A few years back when gas prices dropped our governor pushed a new gas tax because people wouldn't notice it as the tax would just raise the price to 'where it was' and people was used to paying that price. OMG ... using that logic it was enacted into law. Well now that gas price is high again ... I don't see any move to take away the tax.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

Great news!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
The people in this state are up in arms. Many years ago we voted to make groceries exempt from the sales tax which is almost 10% now different cities are trying to impose sales tax of their own on groceries. Many can't afford it, once they get their foot in the door it never ends.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Has anyone here tried Humble Juice Co? Just curious they have some great prices but not into trying something that I won't like. I love the concentrate from Adore, Custard and Peach Colada and a 30ml bottle makes 300ml of juice for 16.95. Thinking of just sticking to what I know is good.

Got one of my daughters vaping and she quit smoking. Gave her a Pico and a Nautilus and some juice and batteries. Both daughters are coming this weekend so will try with the other one. She bought a cigalike and wasn't impressed which is understandable since they are crap.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Ever since I have been making my own juice I have used different types of labels to mark my bottles. I started using the sticky address labels. I found out they are a bummer to get off the bottles. Then I found a package of the labels that were for use on the 3-inch disc. They were great as they came off really easy. I ran out of them and went on a search for something similar. I spent yesterday in an Office Depot and struck out. I came home and fixed a cup of coffee and started thinking. Bingo! Two-inch clear packing tape. I can take it off easy enough or if I am lazy I can use some isopropyl alcohol to clean off the tape. I use a fine point Sharpie to mark the juice with date brewed, nic strength, the percentage of the mixture, and flavor of the juice. What do the rest of you use to mark your juice bottles?

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
C1F8CE6D-AC80-47EC-B0B8-A5CE5FDC4E30.jpeg
Ever since I have been making my own juice I have used different types of labels to mark my bottles. I started using the sticky address labels. I found out they are a bummer to get off the bottles. Then I found a package of the labels that were for use on the 3-inch disc. They were great as they came off really easy. I ran out of them and went on a search for something similar. I spent yesterday in an Office Depot and struck out. I came home and fixed a cup of coffee and started thinking. Bingo! Two-inch clear packing tape. I can take it off easy enough or if I am lazy I can use some isopropyl alcohol to clean off the tape. I use a fine point Sharpie to mark the juice with date brewed, nic strength, the percentage of the mixture, and flavor of the juice. What do the rest of you use to mark your juice bottles?

I use a black sharpie on some waterproof oval labels I got from Amazon. It works great since it never smudges. It may not be the prettiest way to label juices but it works and it’s simple.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Any color masking (painters) tape. It sticks well until you are ready to change it. Leaves no residue. I use neon green for batteries & juice j write with Sharpie..
7e4bcbdda1ce8b7c365d9f22d5b1a789.jpg

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I buy packs of labels from Dollar Tree that come in different shapes, colors, etc. I put the name of the eliquid, nic mg, & the date made.

I also bought 2 different rolls of white, rectangular labels from FT. They were inexpensive and they stick really well! The larger ones I can use on boxes in my stash and even on packages to mail. The smaller ones I use for bottles of nic base in the freezer (vendor, date purchased, mg, base it's in), for labeling DIY tester sample vials/bottles, and on the sections of some stackable cylinder shaped organizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread