Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Happy 6th Vaperversary, Cathy!!!!!!

partyinvitations17.jpg

Happy Vapeaversary, @clnire !

ecf0bc18-c30c-4985-9ad2-25ab3e0ec3a7.jpg

Happy quitting day, @clnire

Happy vaperversary @clnire! And many more!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thanks everyone! Who would have thought it would ever happen, much less 6 years and never going back! Thanks for all your support and help.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
So this fellow at work I admire for acheiving 5+ years tobacco free whips out a cigar the other day. I asked why he went back to smoking as he puffed away on the Tiparillo type mini cigar. He replied "I don't inhale these things" and takes a big drag that he inhaled.

I told him I still smoke some but he had been a big help in aiming me towards being tobacco free. It was a big let down to see that. Believe me, I understand the grip of tobacco, but he said he doesn't inhale the thing and then did.

He said being forced to vape outside led to being around smokers and he just caved one day. I showed him my mini device and took a drag. When I exhaled and nothing came out he was like "dude, I wish I'd seen that a week ago".

He's a giant cloud guy who needs a whole cigarette worth of nic with each drag from his vape device. Like me, he said nic salts cause his urge to smoke to grow worse. I showed him my Zero and let him take a puff. He said it's too restricted. I told him about the innokin eq and he said he was going to try one this weekend.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    So this fellow at work I admire for acheiving 5+ years tobacco free whips out a cigar the other day. I asked why he went back to smoking as he puffed away on the Tiparillo type mini cigar. He replied "I don't inhale these things" and takes a big drag that he inhaled.

I told him I still smoke some but he had been a big help in aiming me towards being tobacco free. It was a big let down to see that. Believe me, I understand the grip of tobacco, but he said he doesn't inhale the thing and then did.

He said being forced to vape outside led to being around smokers and he just caved one day. I showed him my mini device and took a drag. When I exhaled and nothing came out he was like "dude, I wish I'd seen that a week ago".

He's a giant cloud guy who needs a whole cigarette worth of nic with each drag from his vape device. Like me, he said nic salts cause his urge to smoke to grow worse. I showed him my Zero and let him take a puff. He said it's too restricted. I told him about the Innokin EQ and he said he was going to try one this weekend.

Who knows, maybe he will get into vaping and get rid of the tobacco. You did a good thing for sure ;) Harm reduction is a positive thing.

yeah, he was just "deflecting" (full of denial) when he said "but I don't inhale".... The addictive personality in people is a strange beast for sure ….

Yeah tobacco products are insidiously addictive. I know in my own case, I have bounced from smoking to chewing tobacco most of my life...… There have been many debates on here as to if it's the Nicotine or the other chemicals in tobacco that are responsible for the addiction.... No matter what the cause is, tobacco is indeed addictive as well as destructive.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana

He's a giant cloud guy who needs a whole cigarette worth of nic with each drag from his vape device. Like me, he said nic salts cause his urge to smoke to grow worse. I showed him my Zero and let him take a puff. He said it's too restricted. I told him about the Innokin EQ and he said he was going to try one this weekend.

I quit once in my early 20's for about 6 months. Then I started smoking mini cigars. Tom Thumb brand. I had to keep smoking them because they came in a nice tin with a card. There were 20 different cards, each one had a picture of something in the solar system and you could put them together in a book . One card was really rare and once I got that one I started smoking cigs again. I've still got the book. Back in the UK you can buy those books on Ebay.

Amazing how we delude ourselves. I used to tell people I didn't smoke any more, just the occasional cigar.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    hmmm? So I coiled and wicked the 2nd Coopervape Skyline. I could swear both coils had the same number of wraps. Yet one read 1.8Ωs and the other 1.5Ωs. I would have expected them to be the same or at least closer in the Ω reading. Both are on Provape Radisus mods, so I'm ruling out getting different readings because they are on different mods. I'll have to pay attention to the coils when I re-wick them them the next time. Maybe I'll see a difference.

United States

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Who knows, maybe he will get into vaping and get rid of the tobacco. You did a good thing for sure ;) Harm reduction is a positive thing.

yeah, he was just "deflecting" (full of denial) when he said "but I don't inhale".... The addictive personality in people is a strange beast for sure ….

Yeah tobacco products are insidiously addictive. I know in my own case, I have bounced from smoking to chewing tobacco most of my life...… There have been many debates on here as to if it's the Nicotine or the other chemicals in tobacco that are responsible for the addiction.... No matter what the cause is, tobacco is indeed addictive as well as destructive.

He was one who taught me about vaping early on. He still uses a Voopoo Drag with a Zeus tank at 80 watts.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    He was one who taught me about vaping early on. He still uses a Voopoo Drag with a Zeus tank at 80 watts.

well maybe this time he can stay away from tobacco.... Probably shocked you when you seen a cigar in his mouth eh? Well, at least he is trying and that's a good thing. I hope he can get completely away from smoking.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    hmmm? So I coiled and wicked the 2nd Coopervape Skyline. I could swear both coils had the same number of wraps. Yet one read 1.8Ωs and the other 1.5Ωs. I would have expected them to be the same or at least closer in the Ω reading. Both are on Provape Radisus mods, so I'm ruling out getting different readings because they are on different mods. I'll have to pay attention to the coils when I re-wick them them the next time. Maybe I'll see a difference.

Yeah, sounds like one extra wrap. Did you build them before coffee? ;)

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Yeah, sounds like one extra wrap. Did you build them before coffee? ;)

On the 2nd build, I know I put an extra 1/2 wrap on it so I could bend the lead out so both leads point in the same direcrtion. Maybe I took a 1/2 wrap off the 1st build instead of doing another 1/2 wrap. Who knows? :rolleyes:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Yep, that would be enough difference.

How's the vape?

I've only had a few vapes from each of the two builds. And they were fine. Then I turned them over to Janet and she's liking them just fine too. For her builds I use the 1 small hole adapter. If I were going to use it myself, I think I'd use the 3 small hole adapter that comes with the Coopervape atty. The 3 hole was too airy for Janet. Good I spent a few bucks more for the accessory pack of air adapters.

Once I get her KFL's replaced w/ the Skyline. I just may pick up a couple for myself too and replace the KFL-Prime's on a couple of my mods. I really like the Primes but the 2ml juice capacity can be 'trying' ... seems like they always need refilling.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread