ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
How about this for a post?
VAPEMAIL!!
image.jpg click to enlarge

image.jpg click to enlarge

I got the S-CA1 in today. Recomendation from someone previously - forgot who.
For $35, not too bad.
First impressions -
Pros:
Fits well in the hand
Easy to I stall battery
OLED screen easy to read
Squonk hole isn't just at the corner, but open on both sides, making it very easy to Squonk.
Bottle is nice and soft, also making it easy to use.
Good flavor and vapor
Cons:
This thing weigs as much as my Selinus. It's heavy. Like you could do some curls in the morning heavy.
The feed tube is metal, and fits into a plastic plug to the bottle nipple, and it's come out 7 times so far. I had to wash my hands to type this.
The start button is small. I have to use a finger/thumb joint to press it
The included rba screws did not clamp onto my lead wires, so I had to stretch them up and wrap them around the screws.
I have been using it while typing this, and the feed tube popped out again, so I'm stopping here so I can get my hands all messy putting the plug back in.

I suppose for he price, it's great! But I think I need a solution for that feed tube.

gordon50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
wichita falls, tx
VAPEMAIL!!
View attachment 422545 click to enlarge

View attachment 422546 click to enlarge

For $35, not too bad.
First impressions -
Pros:
Fits well in the hand
Easy to I stall battery
OLED screen easy to read
Squonk hole isn't just at the corner, but open on both sides, making it very easy to Squonk.
Good flavor and vapor
Cons:
This thing weigs as much as my Selinus. It's heavy. Like you could do some curls in the morning heavy.
The feed tube is metal, and fits into a plastic plug to the bottle nipple, and it's come out 7 times so far. I had to wash my hands to type this.
The included rba screws did not clamp onto my lead wires, so I had to stretch them up and wrap them around the screws.
I have been using it while typing this, and the feed tube popped out again, so I'm stopping here so I can get my hands all messy putting the plug back in.

I suppose for he price, it's great! But I think I need a solution for that feed tube.

see if this helps, it's the smaller version...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-apv-reviews/558666-cigaverte-firebox-review.html..
go to post #5

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
I have a question about RBAs. With my hands I have no interest in rebuilding generally, but in doing my vapocalypse planning I figure I should have something. I figure I can use one of the coil tools, or just buy a whole lot of fasttech's pre-wound ones, but attaching the coil is likely to be a problem for someone who can't feel her own fingers.

So, which rebuildable tank is the easiest to actually put the coil onto? Itty bitty screws and screwdrivers are a problem based on my experiences trying to fix eyeglasses, but I'm thinking that if there is a brand or style where the leg slides in and then just has a screw tightened then that would be easier than one where the wire has to be wound around a screw or post.

I'm not planning on getting one right away, but it is definitely part of the planning, in addition to a mechanical with a kick or three. Any ideas are appreciated. I started to look in the rebuildable sub forum, but backed out slowly after seeing the sheer number and technicality of the threads.

Look at some of the RDA clones on websites like eciggity and 101vape. Every vape shop I've been to has had some clones for $20 -$25. A good shop will demonstrate coil building and wicking for you if you buy one so maybe that should be your first stop. If you can wrap some 26 or 28 gauge wire around the shaft on the little blue screwdriver that comes with your atty, you are set as far as coil building goes. I learned by watching Rip Trippers videos and it's pretty easy to wrap up something that works fine.

I think everybody that vapes should have at least one dripper. They are simple to use and great for trying different flavors. Only takes a few drops and you can vape the wick virtually dry and try something else. A dripper is mostly what I use at home now.

Wish I could be of more help but I'd say to try a cheap dripper first and get the building and wicking down. Then move onto RTAs.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
Thanks, everyone, for the ideas, I'll be checking them out. I'm still hoping for a tank, not a dripper, since dripping is also an issue for me. I do it to test my DIY flavors using basic 510 atomizers, and it's kind of hard to tell how hard I'm squeezing the bottle. That's one of the reason's I'm a little leery about a Reo, since I can't tell how much pressure I put on anything. That, and I'm lazy.

I don't have a local vape shop, so I'll be learning from videos and reading - and bugging you guys.:D But I've always been a quick study on how to do things, it's just that now I have to allow for not being able to feel what I'm doing.

... I don't know if box mods are harder for you to hold or not than tubes. For me they are easier because I can wrap my hand around it, with fingers under it to help grip it. Usually on a tube mech the fire button is on the bottom. Right now the RM2 I just traded for won't fit on my mini reo, but whenever I get the $ to get the Reo milled down so it will I could loan it to you if you like, to see how you like it and if it could work for you. I realize this is down the road on both our parts, but keep it in mind.

I definitely prefer box mods whenever possible, since corners make them much easier to feel. That's part of what I like with my Innokin VVs.

And thanks for the loan offer. All of this is down the road a ways, since the FDA can't enforce anything until two year after they announce, and the North Dakota legislature can't get into trouble again until 2017. (Got to watch them some, yet. Their own rules say nothing new can be introduced at this stage, but that doesn't mean they don't occasionally try to sneak something into a different bill. Though part of why I love this state is that both their colleagues and their constituents get after them for that sort of thing.)

VAPEMAIL!!

For $35, not too bad.
First impressions -
Pros:
Fits well in the hand
Easy to I stall battery
OLED screen easy to read
Good flavor and vapor
Cons:
The included RBA screws did not clamp onto my lead wires, so I had to stretch them up and wrap them around the screws.

I can sympathize with heavy. I got my MVP3 this week, and it weighs a ton. But the advantage of being a fat old broad stuck in a recliner most of the day is that it works pretty well just laying things on my chest to keep them handy. It would probably work better if I actually had any curves there, but that's the way it goes.

Report on the MVP so far is that except for the weight it's fantastic. The firing button is definitely easier to use than the one on the MVP2, though not as easy as the VVs. It seems to have Innokin's usual quality build, plus a textured surface that makes it easier to hold on to. Though I'll probably also try a silicone sleeve for it once they come out.

Oh, and fantastic service from Origin Vapes. They don't usually ship to PO boxes, but I emailed them about my odd situation, at about midnight, and got an answer about two hours later saying that they could ship to me. They printed the label within two hours of my order, and it went out in the mail that morning. That was Thursday and it was at my PO Saturday, so I got it Monday and have been happily playing with it since. Someone there is even more of a night person than I am.

mvp3_zpstnajbxkl.jpg

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I was at Love's truck stop this morning. Evidently vaping is catching on with the truckers. They have Egos and CE5's, lanyards, driptips, and even carrying cases. And a good selection of juices. Looks like the cigalike thing is dwindling ever so slightly. I am thinking that space devoted to vaping is approaching that devoted to smoking.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Wish I could be of more help but I'd say to try a cheap dripper first and get the building and wicking down. Then move onto RTAs.

But since with a dripper you're, well, dripping straight on the coil and wick, you might still need to tweak the wicking part, yes?

And RTAs (probably like drippers, but I only have one of those) may need different wicking arrangements depending on make and model.

And also true that it's a lot simpler to drip when blending new flavors since you don't need to either vape the tankful or decant it.

gordon50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
wichita falls, tx
Not the same issue, unfortunately.
The thing the blue arrow points to is supposed to be a stopper that goes where the red arrow points...
It keeps popping out wile I'm squonking.
View attachment 422591

Good thread though... I will have to look at it more closely.

it's the best review i could find on the firebox that was in english..not much on the s-ca1, so not sure what changes were made other than battery size...just reordered mine today...canceled last week to lack of info and shipping ticked me off...hopefully you'll find a fix and can let me know what else you find, good or bad..

mike

Last edited:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Now, don't guilt me!! :facepalm: It is just a challenge to her, to live a long life. I hope I don't need to buy an ohms tester for a long time.

She’s tough, don’t let her fool you. :) I hope all your computer problems are just a distant memory now.

Ok, Mr Bells, you sir are a royal pain in the :censored:...fine...posterior! You quoted this in the backyard and I spent an hour trying to find the OP:mad::p then I had to search flamingo and track posts...ugh...lol

Which musher do you follow Flamingo? I worked with a team on the race in 95...pretty cool experience! Probably one of the highlights in my life. Some crazy people, and I mean that in the best way possible! Great people, amazing animal athletes!

Hi Dog, welcome to the front porch! (Bells, you’re putting my posts on the back porch?) Who did you work for in ’95? A lot of those names look familiar that year. I almost went up and did that about 30 years ago, a year or two after Libby won.

“My musher” is Lance Mackey, a throat cancer survivor who credits his dogs with saving his life when he was sick. They snuck one of his dogs into his hospital room to lay next to him so many times hospital staff gave up kicking him out. After the cancer, he won the Iditarod four times, including doing what was claimed to be impossible; winning the Yukon Quest and Iditarod back to back twice. This after the cancer treatment did a number on his throat and jaw. Last year he lost all his teeth to it. A Bic pen is more robust than he is right now. We do follow all the mushers, over 70 this year. For those still reading, the oldest musher this year was 74 but scratched after reaching the coast because he got a repertory illness and didn’t feel he could take care of his team as well as he wanted to because of it.

Dog, if you missed these, they are worth watching.

Web Extra: Scott Janssen says Lance Mackey rescued his dog team outside of Koyuk | KTVA Anchorage CBS 11

This one kept us in stitches for days. King had been in near whiteout for hours and was really tired but there was footage of a pregnant seal on the ice near the trail

Video: Jeff and the giant seal | Alaska Dispatch News

As a general rule, I stay away from any multifunction device. They usually don't do any one "function" as well as a dedicated device would, and if one "function" breaks, it makes the whole device practically useless.

Exception: Leatherman Wave :D

Ha! That brings back memories. In fire everyone carried Leatherman's, except me. I carried an old, simple Swiss Army knife my grandfather had given me. Every time we needed cut something or whatever, I had mine out and the job done before they had the blade or tool locked. Maybe somebody will get smart and make a pocket knife of vaping tools.

And Sloth is gone again. :(

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
The thing the blue arrow points to is supposed to be a stopper that goes where the red arrow points...
View attachment 422591

I didn't recommend it, but I think I posted the link from deals and steals. could you maybe use some of that plastic super glue to glue that in and still be able to refill/remove it?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Anyone know, your memory go back that far now, if the Spinner and Twist (first gen) are essentially the same thing? Pretty sure they are but my memory doesn't go back that far.

Essentially the same, although the spinner has/had bigger numbers on the dial, and easier to read. I always preferred the Spinners for that reason.

The Dog Guy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
New York
She’s tough, don’t let her fool you. :) I hope all your computer problems are just a distant memory now.

Hi Dog, welcome to the front porch! (Bells, you’re putting my posts on the back porch?) Who did you work for in ’95? A lot of those names look familiar that year. I almost went up and did that about 30 years ago, a year or two after Libby won.

“My musher” is Lance Mackey, a throat cancer survivor who credits his dogs with saving his life when he was sick. They snuck one of his dogs into his hospital room to lay next to him so many times hospital staff gave up kicking him out. After the cancer, he won the Iditarod four times, including doing what was claimed to be impossible; winning the Yukon Quest and Iditarod back to back twice. This after the cancer treatment did a number on his throat and jaw. Last year he lost all his teeth to it. A Bic pen is more robust than he is right now. We do follow all the mushers, over 70 this year. For those still reading, the oldest musher this year was 74 but scratched after reaching the coast because he got a repertory illness and didn’t feel he could take care of his team as well as he wanted to because of it.

Dog, if you missed these, they are worth watching.

Web Extra: Scott Janssen says Lance Mackey rescued his dog team outside of Koyuk | KTVA Anchorage CBS 11

This one kept us in stitches for days. King had been in near whiteout for hours and was really tired but there was footage of a pregnant seal on the ice near the trail

Video: Jeff and the giant seal | Alaska Dispatch News

Ha! That brings back memories. In fire everyone carried Leatherman's, except me. I carried an old, simple Swiss Army knife my grandfather had given me. Every time we needed cut something or whatever, I had mine out and the job done before they had the blade or tool locked. Maybe somebody will get smart and make a pocket knife of vaping tools.

And Sloth is gone again. :(

I worked with Wayne Curtis...team Stormwatch. He was a friend before he moved to Willow. Lance is/&was always a cool guy. Charlie Boulding was a great guy and the most original sourdough you could ever meet. Martin, joe reddington, Norm Vaughn, really great people! Libby and her the bf the pilot...memories man...,

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Thanks, everyone, for the ideas, I'll be checking them out. I'm still hoping for a tank, not a dripper, since dripping is also an issue for me. I do it to test my DIY flavors using basic 510 atomizers, and it's kind of hard to tell how hard I'm squeezing the bottle. That's one of the reason's I'm a little leery about a Reo, since I can't tell how much pressure I put on anything. That, and I'm lazy.

I don't have a local vape shop, so I'll be learning from videos and reading - and bugging you guys.:D But I've always been a quick study on how to do things, it's just that now I have to allow for not being able to feel what I'm doing.

I definitely prefer box mods whenever possible, since corners make them much easier to feel. That's part of what I like with my Innokin VVs.

And thanks for the loan offer. All of this is down the road a ways, since the FDA can't enforce anything until two year after they announce, and the North Dakota legislature can't get into trouble again until 2017. (Got to watch them some, yet. Their own rules say nothing new can be introduced at this stage, but that doesn't mean they don't occasionally try to sneak something into a different bill. Though part of why I love this state is that both their colleagues and their constituents get after them for that sort of thing.)

I can sympathize with heavy. I got my MVP3 this week, and it weighs a ton. But the advantage of being a fat old broad stuck in a recliner most of the day is that it works pretty well just laying things on my chest to keep them handy. It would probably work better if I actually had any curves there, but that's the way it goes.

Report on the MVP so far is that except for the weight it's fantastic. The firing button is definitely easier to use than the one on the MVP2, though not as easy as the VVs. It seems to have Innokin's usual quality build, plus a textured surface that makes it easier to hold on to. Though I'll probably also try a silicone sleeve for it once they come out.

Oh, and fantastic service from Origin Vapes. They don't usually ship to PO boxes, but I emailed them about my odd situation, at about midnight, and got an answer about two hours later saying that they could ship to me. They printed the label within two hours of my order, and it went out in the mail that morning. That was Thursday and it was at my PO Saturday, so I got it Monday and have been happily playing with it since. Someone there is even more of a night person than I am.

mvp3_zpstnajbxkl.jpg

That's a great new setup Amoret! I'm not really a pink kinda person, but I really like the color on that!

I just learned to wrap coils a couple of months ago. I have hand issues, too, although I do having feeling in mine. Here is a video I watched that really made it clear to me about how to hold the wire & make the wraps. Rip has a series of beginner videos for building coils. You can find different styles of tools to wrap on. I can't use the tiny screwdrivers that come with the tanks or drippers at all. Amazon is a good place to go to look for metric screwdrivers that might have a larger, longer, or different shaped handle you could work with. Then there are things like jig coilers, the Kuro Koilers, & Coil Master tools to help also. I've gotten pretty good at finding strange things to do a job other than it was intended for just because it works for me in a different way! I did it as a quilter & now I do it with vaping & just about everything else! Which is pretty much how vaping started anyway!

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
View attachment 422591

Can you swap that out with a bottle & tube for a REO?

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
That's a great new setup Amoret! I'm not really a pink kinda person, but I really like the color on that!

I just learned to wrap coils a couple of months ago. I have hand issues, too, although I do having feeling in mine. Here is a video I watched that really made it clear to me about how to hold the wire & make the wraps. Rip has a series of beginner videos for building coils. You can find different styles of tools to wrap on. I can't use the tiny screwdrivers that come with the tanks or drippers at all. Amazon is a good place to go to look for metric screwdrivers that might have a larger, longer, or different shaped handle you could work with. Then there are things like jig coilers, the Kuro Koilers, & Coil Master tools to help also. I've gotten pretty good at finding strange things to do a job other than it was intended for just because it works for me in a different way! I did it as a quilter & now I do it with vaping & just about everything else! Which is pretty much how vaping started anyway!

I would like to click that link if I could see it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread