The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

* ON SALE NOW * GV VISION EGO STARDUST 1.4 Sealed easy fill Special Top COIL, No WICKS HANGING, 2.5 to 2.7ohms, THICK COIL so break em in.

Discussion in 'MyVape' started by badkolo, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. krazynavybiker

krazynavybiker Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I had the same thing happen during my flight. I thought I forgot to fill them until I notice the wet wicks.

Sent from my Vision TOX with my Stardust!!!

2. badkolo

badkolo ECF Guru ECF Veteran

more stardusts came in, they look great, ohms check out just like the last 2 batches(not like the ones that read high) these are as they should be, i checked for any cracks and saw none as well.

ill add them to the site later on

3. LordDavon

LordDavon Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2010
    Florida
    Awesome! I am down to having only 7 unopened. Need to restock. :facepalm:

4. timothy

timothy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2010
    texas
    I've used listeren zero worked great and didn't leave an after taste in it after a dry burn

5. burns_erin

burns_erin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2010
    The ArmPit of Texas
    Can't find the lower ohms stardust page, so I'll post here. The thing I'm finding about the lower ohms version is that when the wicks get dry it changes to burnt flavor MUCH faster than the higher ohms ones. The higher ohms ones just give you a no vape drag or two when they go dry, the lower ohms give a yuck flavor. Do that a couple of times and it's going to require cleaning. It's logical that this would be true, I just didn't think of it. If I hadn't opened all my stardusts looking for cones I might have seen about trading them on the classifieds.

It's not a major concern or anything, but I thought it's something the distracted vaper might want to consider when deciding which to purchase. That is all :)

6. SuperLuckyLady

SuperLuckyLady Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Hm, not sure I would vape juice strong enough to crack plastic............

7. burns_erin

Mar 22, 2010
    The ArmPit of Texas
    Not so much a matter of strength as it is acidity and chemical reactions IYSWIM. Baking soda and vinegar are both harmless to you, even when they are combined they are harmless, BUT they DO produce a rather volatile chemical reaction.

8. badkolo

badkolo ECF Guru ECF Veteran

leave anything in water long enough and it will desolve.llol

9. LordDavon

Oct 3, 2010
    Florida
    The lower ohms are going to heat up faster, and higher, at the same voltage as the regular Stardust. Honestly, I don't like the LR as much as the normal ones, but I prefer high voltage vaping anyway. :)

10. burns_erin

Mar 22, 2010
    The ArmPit of Texas
    Yes, this is the WHY exactly. But being as I am a rather experienced vaper, I figured that since even I didn't think about it, maybe it was something to bring up. Especially since by it's design, if one isn't careful and doesn't naturally vape in a position to keep the wicks wet, it could quickly become an issue.

11. LordDavon

Oct 3, 2010
    Florida
    I fully understand. That's why I no longer walk on my feet. I walk on my hands, and spend most of my time upside down. I like to...

I have no idea where I was going with that one. :facepalm:

12. burns_erin

Mar 22, 2010
    The ArmPit of Texas
    Actions and unintended consequences :) Your hands might end up rather calloused, but at least it saves your shoes ;)

13. LordDavon

Oct 3, 2010
    Florida
    I hate buying shoes, but gloves, meh! ;)

14. SuperLuckyLady

SuperLuckyLady Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Right. I said strength as, while it does seem like a pH issue, that's not really clear.

I am curious - has anybody ever measured the pH of these juices?

15. shawnpcnj

shawnpcnj Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It wouldn't work on my pass-through couldn't get air flow

16. burns_erin

Mar 22, 2010
    The ArmPit of Texas
    I did a few, once upon a time (back in the days of crackimizers) with one if those basic color coded strip tests. Juices varied wildly depending in ingredients, but it seemed fairly consistent that the more acidic juices were the ones that cracked the plastic.

17. BonnyC

BonnyC Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    Georgia
    I have yet to find a juice that can't be cleaned out by a tank of a good strong menthol. Or two. Sounds like that juice is really horrible! I have 2 quick questions.

For the folks that got the LR stardusts right after they dropped, how are they holding up? Mostly concerned about cracks.

How are they on a regular ego battery? I had problems with the last stardusts giving me a cool and unsatisfying vape on my regular batteries and had to use it on my dongle at a higher voltage. I really want something portable.

18. burns_erin

Mar 22, 2010
    The ArmPit of Texas
    No cracks on my four. I think that second batch was just problematic. They're a bit much for me, about like the standard ohms ones on the red setting. Probably closer to what you are looking for.

19. Randyrtx

Randyrtx Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2009
    Cedar Park, TX
    I've had one LR in use for a week. No cracks at all.

They're perfect for me on my Ego batteries.

20. antfuzz

antfuzz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2010
    Delaware
    I too disliked the cooler vape. I rewired and re-wicked and it made a tremendous difference. Mine meter out to about 2.0 to 2.2. They performed very well on ego batteries. I think you'll be very happy with the lower ohms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.