* ON SALE NOW * GV VISION EGO STARDUST 1.4 Sealed easy fill Special Top COIL, No WICKS HANGING, 2.5 to 2.7ohms, THICK COIL so break em in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazynavybiker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just a heads up here gang...I just got off a 16 hour flight back from India, make sure you fly with your Stardust tanks near empty, they don't seem to like the change in pressure, the 2 that were in my little Pelican case and 3/4 full were empty at the end of both my outbound and return flights.

I got home to the new LR models...WOW, what a difference in flavor and TH, even after only 15 minutes of use, I suspect they'll get even better, love these things !!!

I had the same thing happen during my flight. I thought I forgot to fill them until I notice the wet wicks.

Sent from my Vision TOX with my Stardust!!!

timothy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2010
texas
Speaking of stardusts, I've got a friends who tried a new juice in his, a juice that turned out to be completely awful. And the smell/taste will not come out. Hes rinsed and rinsed and peroxide soaked and dried and dry burned. I've also suggested pga and also running a tank of plain pg.

Can any one else think of another way to save this stardust?

I've used listeren zero worked great and didn't leave an after taste in it after a dry burn

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
Can't find the lower ohms stardust page, so I'll post here. The thing I'm finding about the lower ohms version is that when the wicks get dry it changes to burnt flavor MUCH faster than the higher ohms ones. The higher ohms ones just give you a no vape drag or two when they go dry, the lower ohms give a yuck flavor. Do that a couple of times and it's going to require cleaning. It's logical that this would be true, I just didn't think of it. If I hadn't opened all my stardusts looking for cones I might have seen about trading them on the classifieds.

It's not a major concern or anything, but I thought it's something the distracted vaper might want to consider when deciding which to purchase. That is all :)

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
Hm, not sure I would vape juice strong enough to crack plastic............

Not so much a matter of strength as it is acidity and chemical reactions IYSWIM. Baking soda and vinegar are both harmless to you, even when they are combined they are harmless, BUT they DO produce a rather volatile chemical reaction.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Can't find the lower ohms stardust page, so I'll post here. The thing I'm finding about the lower ohms version is that when the wicks get dry it changes to burnt flavor MUCH faster than the higher ohms ones. The higher ohms ones just give you a no vape drag or two when they go dry, the lower ohms give a yuck flavor. Do that a couple of times and it's going to require cleaning. It's logical that this would be true, I just didn't think of it. If I hadn't opened all my stardusts looking for cones I might have seen about trading them on the classifieds.

It's not a major concern or anything, but I thought it's something the distracted vaper might want to consider when deciding which to purchase. That is all :)

The lower ohms are going to heat up faster, and higher, at the same voltage as the regular Stardust. Honestly, I don't like the LR as much as the normal ones, but I prefer high voltage vaping anyway. :)

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
The lower ohms are going to heat up faster, and higher, at the same voltage as the regular Stardust. Honestly, I don't like the LR as much as the normal ones, but I prefer high voltage vaping anyway. :)

Yes, this is the WHY exactly. But being as I am a rather experienced vaper, I figured that since even I didn't think about it, maybe it was something to bring up. Especially since by it's design, if one isn't careful and doesn't naturally vape in a position to keep the wicks wet, it could quickly become an issue.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Yes, this is the WHY exactly. But being as I am a rather experienced vaper, I figured that since even I didn't think about it, maybe it was something to bring up. Especially since by it's design, if one isn't careful and doesn't naturally vape in a position to keep the wicks wet, it could quickly become an issue.

I fully understand. That's why I no longer walk on my feet. I walk on my hands, and spend most of my time upside down. I like to...

I have no idea where I was going with that one. :facepalm:

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
I fully understand. That's why I no longer walk on my feet. I walk on my hands, and spend most of my time upside down. I like to...

I have no idea where I was going with that one. :facepalm:

Actions and unintended consequences :) Your hands might end up rather calloused, but at least it saves your shoes ;)

SuperLuckyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Not so much a matter of strength as it is acidity and chemical reactions IYSWIM. Baking soda and vinegar are both harmless to you, even when they are combined they are harmless, BUT they DO produce a rather volatile chemical reaction.

Right. I said strength as, while it does seem like a pH issue, that's not really clear.

I am curious - has anybody ever measured the pH of these juices?

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
Right. I said strength as, while it does seem like a pH issue, that's not really clear.

I am curious - has anybody ever measured the pH of these juices?

I did a few, once upon a time (back in the days of crackimizers) with one if those basic color coded strip tests. Juices varied wildly depending in ingredients, but it seemed fairly consistent that the more acidic juices were the ones that cracked the plastic.

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
I have yet to find a juice that can't be cleaned out by a tank of a good strong menthol. Or two. Sounds like that juice is really horrible! I have 2 quick questions.

For the folks that got the LR stardusts right after they dropped, how are they holding up? Mostly concerned about cracks.

How are they on a regular ego battery? I had problems with the last stardusts giving me a cool and unsatisfying vape on my regular batteries and had to use it on my dongle at a higher voltage. I really want something portable.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
I have yet to find a juice that can't be cleaned out by a tank of a good strong menthol. Or two. Sounds like that juice is really horrible! I have 2 quick questions.

For the folks that got the LR stardusts right after they dropped, how are they holding up? Mostly concerned about cracks.

How are they on a regular ego battery? I had problems with the last stardusts giving me a cool and unsatisfying vape on my regular batteries and had to use it on my dongle at a higher voltage. I really want something portable.

No cracks on my four. I think that second batch was just problematic. They're a bit much for me, about like the standard ohms ones on the red setting. Probably closer to what you are looking for.

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware

I too disliked the cooler vape. I rewired and re-wicked and it made a tremendous difference. Mine meter out to about 2.0 to 2.2. They performed very well on ego batteries. I think you'll be very happy with the lower ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread