Our Member, Frubbish to give ABC TV News Interview on E-Cigs Tomorrow - Let’s Wish Frubbish Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I noticed in the Janty Q and A thread it was said to Ludo..."If not, accept the offer of the buyout from Philip Morris."
Now if something is on the verge/already did get/getting banned and not receiving "Approval" Why in the world would someone try to "buy-out'? What the hell is actually going on here is the question????

Ikenmoke--there is a lot going on around here we do not know about--all I can say is load up and forget it. We are never going to get the real deal --only speculation by these clowns--well my real deal is to load up--then there is no seculation---Sun

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I'm not really following this conversation very well. When you say there's a lot going on around here that we don't know about is that a suspicion based on something definite? Who are the clowns? Thanks.

Kate --The FDA and Customs--this is very irregular conduct for them--there is no grey area that they work in. We have FDA statments that the e-cig is illegal to sell, but they allow them to be sold. We have Customs statments that they are seizing them, but on an ad hoc bases--that gives rise to a lot of suspect behavior in my book. As I have stated before--there is some internal problems that the FDA is having with the regulation of these devices otherwise they would not be making such hard and brash statements without acting-----Sun

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Ikenmoke, I was joking with Janty's Ludo with that remark. Everyone here has long wondered why Big Tobacco doesn't jump on e-smoking. Earlier this week, we had a story posted that referenced Philip Morris' work back in the 1980s on a vaporizing device, now called the Aria. It doesn't look like an e-cig, but uses our kind of e-liquid to yield nicotine-laced vapor.

Now, you can bet PM has some patents in America for vaping devices. You can bet PM has been waiting for the right time to introduce an Aria-like product. With tobacco taxes soaring April 1 and e-smoking taking off (look at our membership figures!), this might be a good time. Also, PM is buying everything it can in the way of makers of snus and chew products. So ... for anyone looking to cash out on an e-cig investment, now's the time to talk to PM. They might be ready.

Can you say, Philip Morris Kissbox? 8-o

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Sun my friend, your absolutely right bar-none. Stocking up as much as possibly can is and most likely will be the ultimate answer. We might as well enjoy them while we still have them let a alone the right. Its obvious that the ban is already in motion. Might as well use the access that we have and load as much as we can. But seriously if they do get banned, I'm sure there is going to be alot of underground works going on, theres really no telling, 1,000 possibilities

Tropical Bob, I see exactly what you mean, between Phillip morris and Rj renyolds its Bill Gates vs. Steve Jobs
In the US, both Philip Morris USA and RJ Reynolds have introduced cigarettes that did not burn tobacco, but the technologies were very different from the e-cigarette. Neither has been successful.

In 2006, Philip Morris USA, test-marketed the Accord, which used a heating unit activated by puffing. RJ Reynolds introduced its cigarette, the Premier, in 1987 and still sells the Eclipse, which
heats the tobacco rather than burning it. Sales are "not great", said spokesperson David Howard.
Chinese e-cigarettes gain ground amid safety concerns - Mail & Guardian Online: The smart news source

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Sun my friend, your absolutely right bar-none. Stocking up as much as possibly can is and most likely will be the ultimate answer. We might as well enjoy them while we still have them let a alone the right. Its obvious that the ban is already in motion. Might as well use the access that we have and load as much as we can. But seriously if they do get banned, I'm sure there is going to be alot of underground works going on, theres really no telling, 1,000 possibilities

Ikenmoke--We are working on trying to make the atomizer a non-disposable part--as the failure rate is way to high and the life to short. Terraphon will be running some more tests and posting some new videos on probably the most important issue on this Forum--for we can replicate the batteries and the cartridges--but can not build an atomizer--so our proactive work continues--as for e-liquid--all I can say is spend as much money as you can if you use nicotine--more to come about atomizers----Sun

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Is there a link to see the actual story that was on the news? I went to the channel site and could only find the written story. I'd love to see it. Frubbish and Bizzy where was it done at? I'm a ex-Denverite and just wondered.

Idaho--it will air at 10:15 PM MT--hopefully they will post video on site--Sun

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
It pretty much said the same thing as the news article. hehe, and of course included the dbags I was talking about in the restaurant...

I think the article was fair. Remember, they did quote Frubbish regarding the fact that he does not want a cigarette after 3 months. That is a *huge win* in the public smoker's mindset.

It may not be a win for "legal" reasons...but it is a win for experience and encourages others to pick up a device.

Good article in my book.

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
Sun, damn Thought I mentioned that in the previous post, guess it was just thoughts, but yes most definitely wire up our own batteries, build carts, and even create juice. Its just the atoms are the only puzzle, There are without a doubt great minds on here that Will figure it out, its just a matter of time. I personally think terra maybe the one to solve it also. Sorry, I dont mean to mimic

As for the article, its enevatable that they'll go this route :(

Atomizers aren't a puzzle, very doable
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/8368-cigar-rebuild-pics-bling-v2.html

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
Frubbish is right. They edited the shît out of that video. Basically, I just felt like some sort of prop. The "talking" part of the interview was almost 45 mins long, and I talk really fast.

It'd be a conservative estimate to say, that 99% of what I said, was stripped and cut. I should have recorded the entire interview audio with my cellphone...

The bimbo from the cancer society got more airtime than me and she didn't really make any sense. OF COURSE not inhaling or smoking anything is better than smoking or inhaling something.

No meat to that segment, except the message "people want it" but "it's dangerous and illegal".

Way to go, that sucked balls, imho.

I'm really more irritated than I thought it'd be.

Sorry guys, I tried. :(

My buddy *did* get the segment recorded in HD. I was featured in the teasers as well, so I think I'll edit that together and upload to Vimeo in HD.

This will happen when I go up to Thornton this Sunday after church, to get the file.

I tried to impress upon her the "other side" to e-cigs and how they're not all bad and not just something people want because analogs are getting expensive. Apparently she just doesn't care about "our" side.

Boooo Jaclyn Allen, Booooo!! :grr:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread