Paypal says that E-cigs are alright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Forum poster SharonLM posted this in another thread, just wanted to make sure that everyone saw it.

Edit: Updated title of thread because of the recent problems, emails, and calls from Paypal to various people. Seems like some people are told that they are alright and companies are being shut down.

Originally posted here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...paypal-cancelled-johnson-creek-account-7.html

OK, just received the following from Paypal:

Dear Sharon XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Currently, the sale of electronic cigarettes is not a violation of our
Acceptable Use Policy Department for US accounts. There are other
countries whose laws are more strict. For those countries, we are not
allowing the sale of these cigarettes.

At this time, we have no immediate plans of changing our policy.
However, please keep in mind that our policy does change and it is
always best to check with us before you begin to sell certain items that
we may consider violating.

Last edited:

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
perhaps these business' are now getting large enough to where paypal is giving them a rolling reserve ... as they did to me roughly 5-6 months ago.

Rolling Reserve = They hold roughly 5-10% of funds for 90 days. I was ...... off at first, but now that the 90 days passed a while ago and funds are being released and put back in daily, I just look at it like another savings account. I was about 2 clicks away from canceling paypal a few months back :)

Bones

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
Austin, Texas
JC: - PayPal is no longer a payment option on our site. Thursday morning we were told by PayPal that the company would not be processing future transactions relating to the e-cigarette industry – in our case that includes credit card and debit cards not tied to PayPal accounts.

This looks nothing like a rolling reserve -

HighTech

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
USA
Yea - But like above - What about JC?
I just talked to Janty - They say PP is fine there still

More than likely, JC had numureous complaints, pending refund requests, non-delivered merchandise complaints and the like, especially since they changed their formula and got behind. The line that JC gave about PP not providing service to e-cig vendors is more than likely just a line of marketing crap on JCs behalf. They have problems, PP didn't like it, so PP assumed it was in their best interest to close JCs account.

It doesn't take many unresolved complaints and PP will shut you down... it's risk management.

Last edited:

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
More than likely, JC had numureous complaints, pending refund requests, non-delivered merchandise complaints and the like, especially since they changed their formula and got behind. The line that JC gave about PP not providing service to e-cig vendors is more than likely just a line of marketing crap on JCs behalf. They have problems, PP didn't like it, so PP assumed it was in their best interest to close JCs account.

It doesn't take many unresolved complaints and PP will shut you down...
something like that is what i have been posting

HighTech

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
USA
This is JC's FDA Confirmation Certificate for Registration -
The date on it is August 4, 2009 - TODAY -

Could this be the why? - The process is moving forward with them?

FDA

No, thats means nothing other than JC, like any other company that produces items for human consumption, has registered with the FDA. It is mandatory that such companies do so.

Satyr

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
Franklin Park, Illinois

It doesn't take many unresolved complaints and PP will shut you down... it's risk management.

That's exactly what it is. PP will not hesitate to do the same to a customer's account and give a complete BS reason as to why they do it. As a customer, I had more than one large claim within a year due to scammers on fleabay. The next thing I know, PP did a "random" review of my account and found a transaction I had made two year prior that was in violation of their TOS. The never, ever told me exactly what the transaction was for. I even had them on the phone 3 or 4 times. Hmmm.....perhaps it was the ...... from Craigslist. (j/k)

Volsfan

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Southwest Michigan
Just a quick update for those who hadn't heard... PayPal has officially notifed Johnson Creek that they will no longer support products affiliated with the e-cig industry and cancelled thier account. That is on the JC web site....

And just an observation, if the FDA was really intent on stopping these e-cigs, why wouldn't they shut down JC since they are FDA registered? Seems that would be an easy target...

All of this is so confusing. I guess at the end of the day, we should support our US suppliers while they are around then order from overseas. I just don't see it as feasible they could prevent things like batteries and atty's from coming in to individuals... We'll see I guess.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
Just a quick update for those who hadn't heard... PayPal has officially notifed Johnson Creek that they will no longer support products affiliated with the e-cig industry and cancelled thier account. That is on the JC web site....
Just to correct you there... JC have said that paypal advised them of this.

Other members and suppliers have contacted paypal directly concerning this statement and reported that they have been advised by paypal that no such ruling has been made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread