Status
Not open for further replies.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Whew!! Looks like I still have time to get another post in before this thread is closed...

I completely understand, I have been out of work since Nov. 2009 & currently trying to sell my home & have to be really careful where I spend my $'s... If I am able to get some while they are still available... I will be more than happy to send you one.

First of all, I wanted to say thanks for the offer. That was very sweet of you, although things worked out even better than I had planned... since a very generous friend got one for me, and even ordered an extra box of cartos, too, which I totally wasn't expecting!! :wub:

Not only do I love the pink and black, the color and finish are perfect... not too bright, not too glossy, with an almost pearlized look to it... but I now have something to compare the PB to other than my 510's!!

Charge #11 only resulted in 130 puffs, again during just a casual all day vape, which now has me a little bit concerned, so I counted the puffs on the 1st full charge of the Pink SS and got 120!! At least I know that my counts are not that much off... I was thinking that maybe my juice might have had something to do with the counts dropping off on the PB, but the PinkSS had a 1/2 used carto that I topped off with my 555 menth...

When I first got the Pink batt, other than jumping up and down and showing it off to the ladies in the building mgrs. office and a few other people by the mail boxes, the first thing I did was to pop a new carto into both of them, after making sure that the new one was fully charged.

I spent the rest of that afternoon, and most of the next morning, just switching back and forth between the two... no puff counts!!
At first, the PB seemed to look thinner than the other one, but I know that is just an optical illusion... I still love the length and weight of the PB, but I would like to see the P+B with a black atty and cart!!
The PinkSS seems to have a lighter draw buts produces less vapor than the PB and seems to be a bit cooler (but its hard to tell with the menthol) which, btw, I am beginning to like more and more... especially after not using it for a while.
I also think that the 2 little pinhole lights at the tip seem brighter on the PinkSS, but that could just be the clear CZ.

Note: One of the cartos leaked immediately and I removed the rings and filter, the other one only leaked a little bit... both were from the same batch [#D242MG]. Also, the end cap popped right out without having to really pry it like I did with the other ones...

The PB is now fully charged, with another new carto on, and I am going to do one last, very careful, puff count... Just for my own peace of mind!!!

I just want to thank everyone at SmokeStik, especially LK (and Bill, too... ha!!), for making this all possible... and for adding a little "Bling" to this newbie's small collection of PV's!! I never would have had the opportunity to try such a wonderful line of products without your help, and now I'm hooked... LOL!!

:banana: :thumbs: :toast: :party: :banana:

Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
hey....has anyone been keeping track of batch numbers? Katya....you remember everything.....????

your most welcome space kitty.....puff count is a range...not necessarilly an exact number. Simply because unless your a robot....I doubt any human can really keep perfect count.\Most of us tend to take those little puffs that we dont think count or space out for a minute etc.....you dont see my puff counts because I am totally incapable of doing one! So I wouldn't worry too much. Plus there is the whole issue of conditioning the battery. I still don't know if its true or what the science behind it may or may not be. But I know when I first got my PB I thought it was DOA...or at least a Zombie....but after the third charge it perked right up. May bigblue will chime in on this?

oh btw spacekitty...if you missed the last page....you dont have to do anymore puff counts......Bill is happy with the data he has so far and is ready for the second production run soon. So you can relax and enjoy your new toyz. :)

Last edited:

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
hey....has anyone been keeping track of batch numbers? Katya....you remember everything.....????

your most welcome space kitty.....puff count is a range...not necessarilly an exact number. Simply because unless your a robot....I doubt any human can really keep perfect count.\Most of us tend to take those little puffs that we dont think count or space out for a minute etc.....you dont see my puff counts because I am totally incapable of doing one! So I wouldn't worry too much. Plus there is the whole issue of conditioning the battery. I still don't know if its true or what the science behind it may or may not be. But I know when I first got my PB I thought it was DOA...or at least a Zombie....but after the third charge it perked right up. May bigblue will chime in on this?

oh btw spacekitty...if you missed the last page....you dont have to do anymore puff counts......Bill is happy with the data he has so far and is ready for the second production run soon. So you can relax and enjoy your new toyz. :)

Thanks!! I said I wanted to do one last count just for my own sake... but here is a recap so you can have it all in one place:

All charges averaged 2.5 hrs. - puff counts are as follows:
#0 - 165
#1 - 160
#2 - 175
#3 - 155
#4 - 145
#5 - 175
#6 - 130
#7 - 160
#8 - 145
#9 - 125
#10 - 140
#11 - 130

Batches with leaking cartos: #D182MG & D242MG

On the first 3 counts I was maxing out the cut-off times on each puff, but never got more than 6 sec., and was taking a primer puff (or hiccup) until about 1/2 way through the # of charges... which is when the counts started to drop off. My average puff is about 3 sec. and I usually vape casually on & off all day, but in the beginning I was pretty much chain vaping... For the test I was doing the puffs in increments of 5.

=====================================

Also, I went to the website to see if you had the attys in black and noticed that they, and the carts, had been removed from the product line!! Does this mean they are being discontinued?? And if so, is there any chance of getting some of them on the ECF page as a 'closeout' special?? (although I would like to see the carts in quantities of less than 50... lol!!)

Last edited:

RedDeath5

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
St Joe, MI
an interesting observation this morning...went to remove the Dawg from the charger after letting it sit all night like i normally do and noticed the led was flickering. the light on the charger was still red like it always is, but the tip of the pb was flickering randomly. not sure what to make of this, as it's been workin fine all morning. just wanted to make note of this.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
some one please give the bird a treat! I knew I could count on you ...thank you dear. :) would you like a Pink battery?

COrrect....the atty and carts are discontinued EXCEPT by special request. But no they will not be sold in quantities smaller than 50. Buy 50 get 50 free and 2 free attys....you just need to call to order them. AND there will be no...oh I bought the wrong thing and dont like them free exchanges....if you buy them then change your mind you have to pay the shipping if you want to exchange them for cartos. As fpr an ECF closeout special....we have been trying to do that here for 6months and no one was ever interested! but I will talk to the webmaster about putting them on that page. I'll pm you spacekitty after I talk to RIck.

I still dont know what to tell anyone about the charger issue.....I have one that does funny stuff too.....and two that dont do funny stuff.....I will be running a test on them with the PB and with other batteries....it will take awhile to get any useful data.....but in the mean time the concensus is if the battery works dont worry about it. I have NO knowledge that there is any problem...but common sense and prudence tell me not to leave them plugged in unattened on your PC.

bigblue30

ECF Veteran
Plus there is the whole issue of conditioning the battery. I still don't know if its true or what the science behind it may or may not be. But I know when I first got my PB I thought it was DOA...or at least a Zombie....but after the third charge it perked right up. May bigblue will chime in on this?

Your three charge cycle number does seem to be the magic number. Before I retired from the 'puter company that I took my screen name from, I did 100's of head to head demos against other manufacturers' laptops. Although battery life and longevity wasn't always the number one criteria for the demo, I wanted to be sure I was showing our product in its best light.

To that point, I talked with our internal engineers about how to condition the laptop to be able to show it in the best light. Although I received many different opinions (you know how engineers can be), the one constant piece of advice was to make sure that I discharged and charged the battery three times before putting it to use.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Thank you!!!! bigblue30 I love your answers. I may start pestering you more and more :)

Hey folks I have a dilema.....regarding a contest etc.....since so many people put in so much effort a random contest where only one or two get a prize just isn't working for me. So I wanted to ask you how you felt? any ideas?

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
lori, i don't think a another contest for testers is really necessary but that's just my opinion. if bill wants to sponsor another one why not open it to all. that might draw in some new people for ss

and you could always reward the testers by allowing them more than one spot, lol

Last edited:

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
if we see you tomorrow it'll be soon enough, stay in bed and catch up with your sleep! or you will stay sick for sure

signs011.gif

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
ok...I guess I was just doing the people pleasing thing. But I certainly don't need the extra work right now :) And you know that if there is a second beta test you all will be the first ones considered. And when production comes around.....you'll be the first to know.

Let me just add this one more time ....for the people who have not received their PB yet because you were waiting for finances.....don't worry.....PM me please.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I do have one more user note.....the pitbull seems to be at least a little bit water resistant/chris-proof. whew. I just gave it a very short accidental bath in a glass of water. doh :facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm: :(
It seems to be working fine- YAY!!!! :) :) but i think I'll let it dry a little longer, maybe put it in a bag of rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread