Not open for further replies.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Why not?

Think about what you are saying, my friend.

Maybe they can. Seems to me, there are many other uses for kanthal wire and cotton. Cotton doesn't have to come in flat strips suitable for coils. And electricians can buy wire. But maybe the FDA can ban whatever they want. I just suspect I'll be able to buy wire and cotton.

Are they going to pull cotton balls off the shelves of drug stores? Will electrical supply stores be told they can't sell wire?

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Maybe they can. Seems to me, there are many other uses for kanthal wire and cotton. Cotton doesn't have to come in flat strips suitable for coils. And electricians can buy wire. But maybe the FDA can ban whatever they want. I just suspect I'll be able to buy wire and cotton.

Are they going to pull cotton balls off the shelves of drug stores? Will electrical supply stores be told they can't sell wire?
You are correct, sir.

They can't ban the manufacture of toasters, hair dryers or heated car seats any more than they can ban tampons, cotton balls and rayon for hair styling.

People are over thinking this all over ECF. It's getting crazy.

Stock up on mods, tanks (and replacement parts), NIC and replacement coils (you use them). THAT'S IT. Wicking materials, batteries, flavours and PG/VG will be available.

If I am wrong, I will drive the aforementioned products across the border and ship what y'all need from Buffalo. :)

P.s. If you use Cotton Bacon brand, any wire with "vape" on the packaging and/or tobacco juice flavours... well, you're on your own and likely S.O.L.:p

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Likely as non-toxic and clean a cotton (or rayon... dunno what they are made of, I'm a guy!) you can buy. But if you label then "Vape-ons" and try to sell them in a vape store, you will be tased and arrested.

chrisz

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
cincinnati, oh
Likely as non-toxic and clean a cotton (or rayon... dunno what they are made of, I'm a guy!) you can buy. But if you label then "Vape-ons" and try to sell them in a vape store, you will be tased and arrested.
Call it kitty cotton??

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto

It's Rayon ... I tried Rayon, still got 490 feet of it.

If I was into Rayon, and the local Tampons were a nice Rayon ... heck, I'd bum my wicks.

I would have free wicking material .... I'd even bum backups.

Enta

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2015
.....I also added to my collection of ProVape goodies: I'd just received my purkle and bronze Radius Friday (topped with the Rose Gold Kabuki), and immediately ordered a Stealth flavor. Might get one for the Mr. too. Goodness I think we have over 30 ProVape wonders now!:wub:

How good is the match of the Rose Gold Kabuki to the bronze finish on the Radius? Would love to see a picture of them.

Reactions: AstroTurf

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
It's Rayon ... I tried Rayon, still got 490 feet of it.

If I was into Rayon, and the local Tampons were a nice Rayon ... heck, I'd bum my wicks.

I would have free wicking material .... I'd even bum backups.
I like rayon and had 499.75 feet of it until I shipped a fellow ECFer some as he wanted to try it. Now I only have 497 feet left. :rolleyes:

I bought the Sally's $16.00 rayon crate when I first started building my own coils not knowing that a few packs of Cotton Bacon (or equivilent) would likely outlive me. I bet a single tampon would last me a year or two.:D

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
You are correct, sir.

They can't ban the manufacture of toasters, hair dryers or heated car seats any more than they can ban tampons, cotton balls and rayon for hair styling.

People are over thinking this all over ECF. It's getting crazy.

Stock up on mods, tanks (and replacement parts), NIC and replacement coils (you use them). THAT'S IT. Wicking materials, batteries, flavours and PG/VG will be available.

If I am wrong, I will drive the aforementioned products across the border and ship what y'all need from Buffalo. :)

P.s. If you use Cotton Bacon brand, any wire with "vape" on the packaging and/or tobacco juice flavours... well, you're on your own and likely S.O.L.:p

I know my example was err slightly :-x exaggerated , but it goes to the level of my growing concern with the intrusiveness and scope of government these days. I find myself always expecting the worse, and that is no way to live.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I know my example was err slightly :-x exaggerated , but it goes to the level of my growing concern with the intrusiveness and scope of government these days. I find myself always expecting the worse, and that is no way to live.
I'm with you. The uncertainty is the issue. We don't know what we don't know...

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
"Intended use."

VP Live - Vaping Podcasts (Q&A with Dr. Michael Siegel)

You're missing the point. I know the technical aspects... My point is they do what they want, no matter how ridiculous it may seem.
:tumble:

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
Today's Vape Mail

61bd015d5727a19d69c84c56b0135954.jpg

Sent via iPhone

Beautious!

That new mini might be worth a spin for ya mr z

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
My fave juice or close to is such a nautilus coil killer. Plume room candied cavendish.. Lovellyyy (similar to vintage eliq legend but $ reasonable)... But oh boy the coil life.

I might get another few packs since its probably thrown off my calculations a wee bit. Ordered a few juices too since that will probably not be an option soon enough :/

Stocking up on those coils is a pretty smart idea I would think.

lizziebith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Austin, TX
How good is the match of the Rose Gold Kabuki to the bronze finish on the Radius? Would love to see a picture of them.

Honestly? Not that great. Inside, without much direct light, they...almost match. But with good light? Kinda off. The trim on the Radius...well, I despair of ever finding a match for it. I'll post a pic in a day or two.

ETA: But, I'm totally coping. I love my Radius. It's really pretty and functions like a champ. <3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread