The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Provari V3?

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by VapoJoe86, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    The people who cough like they've just been surrounded by cigarette smoke never ceases to amaze me.
    I actually get an even bigger kick out of it when their eyes wander to my hand and it suddenly dawns on them the theatrics were so unnecessary. :evil:

2. glassgal

glassgal Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Central Florida
    Oh, they know it's not smoke when they cough at me... they only stop when I tell them I'm vaping elderberry juice. Then they look suspicious, but miraculously stop coughing:)!

3. Susan W.

Susan W. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    I love Otto Carter's work. He's one of the best hand engravers alive. So your daughter won't have money for books one semester, would that be too awful? :)

4. Ozwald

Ozwald Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    He's damned good, but for the prices they're asking for his stuff?? I wonder how many they've actually sold.

5. CrimsonJack

CrimsonJack Ursus Praedonum Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2013
    The Vobbit Hole
    I've had a couple VW devices, and I still found myself adjusting up and down to taste. It doesn't really matter to me whether the setting says VW or VV while I'm adjusting it up or down, then end result is still me going into the little menu and clicking it up or down a few until it tastes like I want it to. I also have an issue when people keep talking about how expensive the Provari is, because honestly it's nowhere NEAR the top end of the price range. Seriously, poke around someplace like vaperev and see the prices just for mechs, or check out the Semovar or any of the DNA20 mods, the 'vari is at best in the middle of the price spectrum. All those super cheap mechs mods are mostly low quality clones of devices that are far more expensive than something like the Provari, and the VW/VV cheapies are the vaping equivalent of those $10 calculator watches from the '80's. Sure they have plenty of features, but talk to me in a couple weeks when they fall apart.

6. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    well every few months there is a different set of them on vaperev so they def sell, O Carter is a world famous gun engraver and his work is in very high demand. do a quick search on the net and several pics pop up of past models that were for sale on vaperev.

7. Sigmus9

Sigmus9 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2013
    Texas
    so if these provaris are really all that and a bag of chips, who has an extra one laying around they can give me a good Christmas deal on? Im verified and all that jazz too

8. sawlight

sawlight Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    $120, http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/sale-trade/504551-us-fs-atmizoo-roller-provari-mini-russian-91-rba-juice.html
    $145 with extra's, http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/sale-trade/500315-us-fs-provari-v2-extension-beauty-ring.html
    Take a look in the classies, I saw one a week or so ago for $90.

9. Sigmus9

Nov 27, 2013
    Texas
    I could go for $90 but not much more, I'm a broke a** student and pay child support so it'll be a handful of years b4 I can afford a brand new provari

10. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    classifieds are where its at, if not today, tomorrow lol

11. sawlight

sawlight Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    $120 isn't much over $90, and they might deal with you depending on how bad they want to sell it.

12. Sigmus9

Nov 27, 2013
    Texas
    true, but $90 is still high for me at this point. but if they are that good I'd pay $90 for a used provari which is almost triple what I paid for my brand new Sid.

13. exnihilo

exnihilo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    I pray for the day Provari comes in a VW flavor so I can power my home with back pedaling.

My next major purchase will be a mini Provari. Woot!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

14. CABBA

CABBA Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    Canada
    I like my provari. But even if they come out with a VW model I'm skeptical that they will be able to close the gap created by DNA 20 mods such as the Mark Bugs Wizard Evolved. They might be better off just adding small improvements, tweaks and price strategy to the item they already have and selling their name. I'm not sure if provape, has the desire to compete with high end VW devices. It would be cool though if they took the provari to the next level. I also don't think that they would implement a mod which incorporates some one else's chip. With all that being said, I think that the provari will always have a certain segment of the market. There will always be a place for a rock solid, dependable VV mod. After all some of the most valuable mods are mechanical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. qorax

qorax ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2013
    Brampton, Canada
    Well said... my thought too!

16. glassgal

Supporting member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Central Florida
    I just looked at markbugs site at the Wizard Evolved. That's out of stock, but the Apprentice Evolved is in stock at 250 pounds ($408 US dollars plus shipping vs Provari's $159 free shipping, base unit vs base unit).

Just curious, can you throw that Wizard unit on the concrete ground, drop it out a 7 story window, stomp on it, hurl it against a brick wall, and then pick it up and vape? If it breaks the DNA20, can you get it fixed or replaced for almost free? I mean it's MUCH more expensive than the Provari (by 3x including shipping)... so the service is 3x better and 3x more durable, right? 3x would mean free lifetime replacement.

If not... why would I want to pay 3x the price of a Provari with shipping (Provari shipping is free), which I can do all the above with?

Just to vape below 1 ohm... why? VW doesn't mean I set it and forget it forever, according to the last VW fan. It has to be tweaked anyway... so what's the benefit? Because with the consistency of Provari's power, that's all I do with the VV... set it, and forget it unless I change the ohm on the tank.

I am NOT trying to pick a fight... I just don't get it. If Provape put the DNA in the Provari, wouldn't they also have to charge $450 with shipping? Who'd buy it?

99% of the people given the choice would rather pay $159 for a Provari you would have a very hard time damaging, than $450 for only the advantage of vaping sub ohm (which few have an interest in), and you have to treat with care.

Would you seriously pay 3x the price for a Provari when you can have a durable time tested staple for 1/3 the price? Would you? Would you?

17. EvilZoe

EvilZoe Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Some people just want fancy mods in their collections.

18. glassgal

Supporting member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Central Florida
    See, that makes sense, and I know there's a market for it. Hey... someone bought a $750,000 diamond encrusted EGO for his wife:).

But... how many would Provape sell if they put up a $450 delicate unit vs their $159 powerhouse? Sure, they'd sell some, but I doubt many. Still, they SHOULD consider doing it, but I bet the vast majority of people complaining for it wouldn't spend that $450.

19. TUC

TUC Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2011
    Central Texas
    Considering that I have had my FLAWLESS ProVari for about two years now...no I wouldn't! I would more than likely add the new version it to my collection.

20. DaxFX

DaxFX Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    Puerto Rico
    Wow, i would love to see a provari survive 7 story drop. Please do it and shoot a video doing it,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.