Provari - Why all the haters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rictic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Miami, FL
Oh I suppose it's a bit like pipe collectors or people who collect cigars.

Speaking for myself, I only own one. Even though the mini is really appealing. My collection of mods is eclectic.

One of my friends has 14 Provaris. When you think about it though... it's a bit of vaping history considering how young the industry is.

As long as people aren't smoking... let them have all the (insert mod here) they want!!

;)

Agreed. I was just wondering if there were any practical reasons (that I could potentially steal :p). I mean, hey, "Because I felt like it and I can" is just as good an answer for my question.

justinred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2012
PH
Agreed. I was just wondering if there were any practical reasons (that I could potentially steal :p). I mean, hey, "Because I felt like it and I can" is just as good an answer for my question.
One reason would be a standard with extended cap for all day vaping and a mini for stuff in your pocket on the go vaping.

Rictic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Miami, FL
One reason would be a standard with extended cap for all day vaping and a mini for stuff in your pocket on the go vaping.

Heh, well if there are people out there that are willing to buy a whole other provari for on-the-go instead of just a $25 twist or something because they love the mod so much that's impressive. That just makes me feel more sound about my decision to finally spend the money on one (I got the mini in black satin). I was planning to use my extension cap for all day vaping and the same mini without the extension for on the go. I'm hoping that's enough.

I really don't see a reason to hate on this mod. Every way I think of it, even as I type, it just already seems like a good choice. Other than just not being financially able to, which is understandable, I don't see why someone wouldn't kind of want one. I know there are other good ones with similar features out there, but I haven't met someone or personally read a review that says anything less than the provari is top-shelf quality and durability.

justinred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2012
PH
Heh, well if there are people out there that are willing to buy a whole other provari for on-the-go instead of just a $25 twist or something because they love the mod so much that's impressive. That just makes me feel more sound about my decision to finally spend the money on one (I got the mini in black satin). I was planning to use my extension cap for all day vaping and the same mini without the extension for on the go. I'm hoping that's enough.

I really don't see a reason to hate on this mod. Every way I think of it, even as I type, it just already seems like a good choice. Other than just not being financially able to, which is understandable, I don't see why someone wouldn't kind of want one. I know there are other good ones with similar features out there, but I haven't met someone or personally read a review that says anything less than the provari is top-shelf quality and durability.
Personally, I just stuff the standard without extension cap in my pocket with the drip tip peeking out of my pocket. My bulge is bigger than your bulge. :laugh:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla

you will be surprised at how many have the two of them....

and in response to the original question? they see me rollin so they hatin heh.......................

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Personally, I just stuff the standard without extension cap in my pocket with the drip tip peeking out of my pocket. My bulge is bigger than your bulge. :laugh:

That's what I do. It's a little weird with an XL Cartomator, but it works just fine.

I still don't understand that. I'll probably own a Mini as well before I do. Or at least that's what Pro-Provari Zealots would say.

………
……

…………
………

I kid; I kid.

I might own one at some point, but I like the fact that every single mod I'd consider buying at this point takes an 18490 and a Kick. I'll try out a few of those before I think about a Mini, because it's not like the full size Provari is actually all that big.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have had my regular Provari for about 3 months now. I usually use it with the extension cap and 18650 batteries that last me the entire day.

Having said that, I occassionally grab my Altsmoke BB for quick runs to the store. It's a 14500 mechanical mod. I love its tiny size and always think to myself wouldn't it be great to have a VV mod of this size for my runs to the store. The Mini Provari would likely fit this desire, but I don't know if I can justify another $175 plus batteries for what I want it for. I already have the BB and a Silver Bullet for backups.

I splurged yesterday and got a variable voltage Gripper for $50. It uses the same 18650 batteries I already use in the Provari and Silver Bullet. I am aware of it's weaknesses, but the 50 greenbacks weren't as big a hit in my wallet as another Provari would have been. I can always reward myself with the Mini come my 1 year anniversary come April 2013.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I have had my regular Provari for about 3 months now. I usually use it with the extension cap and 18650 batteries that last me the entire day.

Having said that, I occassionally grab my Altsmoke BB for quick runs to the store. It's a 14500 mechanical mod. I love its tiny size and always think to myself wouldn't it be great to have a VV mod of this size for my runs to the store. The Mini Provari would likely fit this desire, but I don't know if I can justify another $175 plus batteries for what I want it for. I already have the BB and a Silver Bullet for backups.

I splurged yesterday and got a variable voltage Gripper for $50. It uses the same 18650 batteries I already use in the Provari and Silver Bullet. I am aware of it's weaknesses, but the 50 greenbacks weren't as big a hit in my wallet as another Provari would have been. I can always reward myself with the Mini come my 1 year anniversary come April 2013.

no, no you cant, didnt you hear? the Mayans said the world will end dec 21st? better get an order in now!!!!!!!

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I still don't understand that. I'll probably own a Mini as well before I do. Or at least that's what Pro-Provari Zealots would say.

got to play with a mini today, too small for me. im a big guy so to me the provari seems small as is. to get an idea if you take the endcap off the PV i can wrap my hand around it and from the back you cannot see the pv at all with a millimeter or two to spare. so for me its another full size.

with the x cap on, a mini nova and extended drip tip the PV fits in the palm of my hand from tip of middle finder to just inside the heel of my hand.

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Finally got my mini today, I'm very happy with the choice I made so far! It's almost identical in size to my BB, just a bit bigger around. I wish the switch was higher on the unit, more like the BB. But I can learn to deal with that. It didn't feel that heavy at first, but it is using it, it's HEAVY! That's a good thing I'm sure! The LED is crisp and easy to read, I've still got to learn all the programming features, I've got power up and down and on and off figured out, but haven't read the instructions yet, I'll do that later and play when I've got more time.
Happy so far and really happy with the size!

FL0OD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Finally got my mini today, I'm very happy with the choice I made so far! It's almost identical in size to my BB, just a bit bigger around. I wish the switch was higher on the unit, more like the BB. But I can learn to deal with that. It didn't feel that heavy at first, but it is using it, it's HEAVY! That's a good thing I'm sure! The LED is crisp and easy to read, I've still got to learn all the programming features, I've got power up and down and on and off figured out, but haven't read the instructions yet, I'll do that later and play when I've got more time.
Happy so far and really happy with the size!

Try this pdf.

http://www.provape.com/category-s/41.htm

†††

mastahvic

Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
So Cal
From a person who has owned both a Mini Lavatube and Provari Mini, I simply threw the Lavatube in my drawer and never looked at it again, there really is no comparison between the two. I could never get the Lavatube to hit as hard/warm as the Provari, it was a drastic upgrade right off the bat. Try it before you knock it. Sure it's an expensive upgrade, but well worth it, I am a million times happier and it was probably my easiest and best decision I made vaping wise.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
And it begins again. As much as I hate to say it, really, it pains me, but I'm seeing why there is such a fan base for this. I'm still not sold on the "I get it now" bandwagon. I do love my mini, it's what I was expecting, and a bit more, but, it's not the "revelation" I would have expected after reading some threads.
But I certainly don't think it's worthy of the bashing many seem to want to give it. It's frustrating we as a community, can't seem to live and let live and be happy with others choices in life. It's a sad day when many can't have a decent discussion without being hurtful towards others.

on3fifth

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2011
Princeton IN
I never hated it really. I own a few other devices. I honestly looked up to the provari cause all of its praise from reviewers and forum posts. Just never had the money to get one till recently. I did make the plunge I do see why people where so fanatic over it. Not just the device but the company Provape has really impressed me more than the device. Is that odd? maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread