Provari - Why all the haters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Yesterday someone started a thread asking for a comparison between the Lava Tube and the Provari. I was the first to respond. I confessed that I only owned a Provari but would answer what I could about it. The following link will direct you to my post. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ari-vs-lava-tube-post7595405.html#post7595405

To my knowledge, everything that I wrote about the Provari was accurate. I don't believe that I went astray with the facts or made any biased statements. I also did the same with the Lava Tube; confessing that I didn't own one from the start and answering the comparison questions from what I had read here on ECF to be factual. For all I knew, the OP wanted a comparison to perhaps help him decide between the two devices for a potential purchase.

A few posts later, some poster came on and made some rude statements, apparently directed towards myself because of what I had posted. The comments were soon deleted by a moderator.

My question is: Why all the hate for the Provari from a certain segment of this forum? It seems to me that this device gets a good share of accolades from owners and not, but it also gets more than its share of outspoken decenters (usually people who have never owned one) who seem to go out of their way to degrade Provaris or Provape.

So ECF, what is your opinion? Why all the hate? I only ask that the discussion be civil and unbiased.

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
Had to check out the thread .I remember you posting on it but it hadn't got nasty yet.
This is a general view as I have had no dealings with the offending poster. I think as this forum continues to grow, there is an element that feels comfortable hiding behind their internet anonymity that gives them a sense that decency and respect isn't necessary.
Name calling is a bit immature as opposed to just having a different POV and I would hope those sorts would be ignored. In fact just the other day, I put my first poster on ignore.Very useful tool.

I've seen it on many other forums and thought that ECF was an exception to the rule. For the most part it is , but is changing a little. OTOH,maybe the poster was having a bad day and decided the Provari/Lavatube question was the topic he/she was going to go off aboutAgain just some thoughts as I didn't get to see the offending comments.

Chrispixx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Buffalo,N.Y.
After hearing good reviews on the Provari, and seeing them on Utube i decided to check it out. After seeing the price i almost fell off my computer chair, so maybe that is the issue. I am not going to hate on it, but i cant justify spending that kind of money on a PV. I can afford it, but i can get a lot of supplies for that kind of coin (juice, carto's, clearomizers, tanks etc.) who knows maybe someday i will upgrade to it and hang with the big dogs.

Last edited:
I far from hate the provari, but I do have a little something against SOME provari owners.
It's a good device and was a real game changer when it first came out. I must admit though, there are many choices out there now and the provari isn't ahead of the game by that much anymore.
With regards to some owners, they remind me of apple fan boys. Their expensive sleek high end setup means that if its not a provari then its not worth bothering with, and they will act as if any similar spec kit is 'challenging' the provari and forever understate other units.
Don't get me wrong, its the minority of provari owners that are like this in my opinion :) I just don't think they're quite the game changer they once were

Coil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
SO. CAL
Yesterday someone started a thread asking for a comparison between the Lava Tube and the Provari. I was the first to respond. I confessed that I only owned a Provari but would answer what I could about it. The following link will direct you to my post. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ari-vs-lava-tube-post7595405.html#post7595405

To my knowledge, everything that I wrote about the Provari was accurate. I don't believe that I went astray with the facts or made any biased statements. I also did the same with the Lava Tube; confessing that I didn't own one from the start and answering the comparison questions from what I had read here on ECF to be factual. For all I knew, the OP wanted a comparison to perhaps help him decide between the two devices for a potential purchase.

A few posts later, some poster came on and made some rude statements, apparently directed towards myself because of what I had posted. The comments were soon deleted by a moderator.

My question is: Why all the hate for the Provari from a certain segment of this forum? It seems to me that this device gets a good share of accolades from owners and not, but it also gets more than its share of outspoken decenters (usually people who have never owned one) who seem to go out of their way to degrade Provaris or Provape.

So ECF, what is your opinion? Why all the hate? I only ask that the discussion be civil and unbiased.
Next thread to be started: blu cig > GGTS! :laugh:

It's gotta be a broke thing!

Last edited:

m00nshake

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2009
Greenville, NC
I like my Provari but I wish it had a separate button for settings. A lot of times when I'm vaping, I accidentally switch on the settings and I have to wait for the screen to go back out so I can vape again. My perfect mod would be the form factor of my Provari with the functionality and battery life of my Darwin.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
I own both a provari and a lambo and I love them both. I got the provari as an investment over time as it has a one year warranty and then I bought an extra year warranty, so I'm set with a reliable battery that checks ohms, volts, shorts, etc. for the long run.

I love the lambo, it's the one with the pin on the connector, and use it when I want an airier vape. However, I know that it probably may not last me two years or longer, but for now, it's just fine.

Don't pay attention to nay-sayers. Because they've joined ecf or are vapers is no guarantee they're not a taco short of a combination plate.

Vape on!

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I don't hate on the provari myself. There was a time when I thought I wanted one and nearly bought one. But I don't want one, and I think that it's important to realize too that if some-one doesn't want one it doesn't mean they are "jealous" or their vaping is inferior in some way. If Provari add variable wattage to their devices then I'll be tempted to go shopping on their site.
Another thing that seems to come into it sometimes on the forum is nationalism. There are people from all over the world on this forum, and saying buy "American made" doesn't mean the same thing. I buy 95% of my vaping gear offshore and all my offshore vendors are in the US, but as long as I think it's good value and good equipment I don't care which country actually made it. So that's something that I find a bit extraneous - trying to sell me a device based on where it was made.
I think another consideration is some-one's budget. If some-one has $100 to spend, and they say they have $100 to spend then why not try to help them find something within their range. A guy, or girl for that matter, who has a family and bills and has worked out they have $100 they can spend can be pointed to a number of good options that they will enjoy. I don't see it as my place to decide that they will be better off exceeding their current budget.
Having said all that, generally some-one who is as rude as the guy in the other thread will probably be rude on other issues too. Not just about provaris. There's one in every crowd as they say.
We're in this together as I see it - I don't care if some-one is thrilled with their provari or thrilled with their V2 ecig - if they're thrilled and not smoking it's all good.

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
i am guilty of provari hate from time to time, but not in the context of your post, OP. someone asked about it, you answered them.

What I hate is when the rabid fanboys howl "JUST GET A PROVARI!" no matter what the context is. A new vaper whose still stuck on a cigalike, who hasn't even warmed up to the concept of a manual battery, who doesn't even know yet if vaping will work for them, doesn't need to be scared away by an expensive and elaborate device like the provari.

Once they come back in a few month's time asking for bigger and better than the twist, the provari may be a logical recommendation. But it's not the answer to all problems, and I think the problem isn't so much that people hate the device as much as people hate the attitude of some people who use the device.

It's like music. You might want to like Skrillex but you don't want to be associated with the pseudo-hipster to behaves as if dubstep is the only valid form of expression. Thus, it becomes fashionable to hate Skrillex.

You can replace "music", "skrillex", "psuedo-hipster", and "dupstep" with vritually anything popular and trending and observe the same thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread