What I hate about a ProVari

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
So much heat! Just to be clear, I like the Provari... It is a solid device. But many people do seem to over reach with the whole warranty thing. My biggest concern with the Provari is just that it still relies on the name... Come on, you know you would like a Provari with a higher amp limit, variable wattage, and pretty much just an overall true update to the internals.

Why? I know some will but why all of us.

I have never pushed the amp limit that I have. I see no need for vw. It does all I want right now. Unfortunately that means I really don't have a reason to send Provape any more money unless it is when I am gifting one.

Revelene

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2013
Kentucky, USA

I have never pushed the amp limit that I have. I see no need for vw. It does all I want right now. Unfortunately that means I really don't have a reason to send Provape any more money unless it is when I am gifting one.

True. It is a nice device. I don't have one but my friend does. I tried to find something I didn't like about it and the only thing I could find was that the button seems odd... and that was me trying to find something. I used to want one but I've moved onto mechanicals and rebuildables. Though, there is always that little voice in my head that tells me to get one. If they ever do release one with a slightly higher amp limit and updated chip... I may buy two. :)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Well, you were bashing!
I didn't buy it for the warranty.
And the way I vape, I don't need higher amp limit.
I have VW devices, and when I use them (which isn't that often for the reason below), I use them set for VV.
As long as I can adjust volts or watts up and down, I don't really care which - it's still just fine tuning, up or down a little.

The other thing you're not taking into account is that the chipset in the Provari provides a BETTER VAPE.
I doubted that, but SO many people said so, that when I realized it was also more compact than almost any other good quality mod, I bought one. THAT's the feature missing from all the less expensive variable anything mods - a better vape.

- full disclosure, I have not tried an MVP2 or a Semovar, or for that matter, any DNA devices.

So much heat! Just to be clear, I like the Provari... It is a solid device. But many people do seem to over reach with the whole warranty thing. My biggest concern with the Provari is just that it still relies on the name... Come on, you know you would like a Provari with a higher amp limit, variable wattage, and pretty much just an overall true update to the internals.

lightbud404

Serial Vapist
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I hate that the ProVari is over 4 times more expensive than every mod I own.
I hate that the ProVari is Variable Voltage only.
I hate that the ProVari has a 510 connector only.
I hate that the Provari has a glaring red 70's LED display
I hate that the ProVari has a clear window showing you all the circuitry on the control board
I hate that the Provari does not have a separator between the Battery tube and control board and just sits there open.
I hate that the ProVari only takes 18490 Button Top Batteries standard.
I hate that the ProVari does not have the ability to charge the battery in the device via USB.
I hate that the ProVari requires you to spend 70 extra bucks for a USB passthrough module
I hate that the ProVari requires you to spend extra money to get things like an extender cap or paint job or different display color
I hate that the ProVari fires the atomizer whenever you check battery charge or atomizer ohms.
I hate that the ProVari has a cryptic menu system that requires an ungodly number of button presses to make adjustments.
I hate that the ProVari does not have a removable ring on top to be able to customize the look of the device or create a flat top instead of round top.
I hate that the ProVari has garnered almost cult like status and spawned a bunch of annoying ProVari elitists that equate owning anything else to owning junk.

But the thing I HATE THE MOST ABOUT THE PROVARI IS: After you have it in your hands and use it for any length of time, you forget about everything else you hate about it.

I went to the Tampa vaping convention today and walked out with about 90ml of e-juice...

View attachment 308724

...and a satin black ProVari.:facepalm:

tell us how you really feel :cool:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Oh now I understand!

True. It is a nice device. I don't have one but my friend does. I tried to find something I didn't like about it and the only thing I could find was that the button seems odd... and that was me trying to find something. I used to want one but I've moved onto mechanicals and rebuildables. Though, there is always that little voice in my head that tells me to get one. If they ever do release one with a slightly higher amp limit and updated chip... I may buy two. :)

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA

Well, no, actually... I'm pretty happy at around 1.1-1.2, I don't need or want VW, and since I don't want to sub-ohm or want VW, I don't need an update to the internals. The only thing I would change is the menu; I find the extra button press between menu options to be the thing that causes me to overshoot something on the menu and need to cycle through again. Get rid of the extra -- between menu options and I'm good. That's not something I hate about it, just something I'd improve. :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What I think is funny is that a lot of people say the Provari is top quality.... which is true but I hold a Lavatube V2.5 and feel a bit more of a solid build... I'm not saying the Provari is bad, it does what it does great but is silly when people say they want the Provari for the build quality and warranty... and you can get a Lavatube V2.5 for a fraction of the price with a warranty AND more features. The Provari is just a name. It had its place before but time has moved on... and the Provari is stuck in the past. As it stands, there really is no reason to get the Provari over something else like the Lavatube V2.5 because it does what it does only better. Provape needs to step it up and offer an updated device.
oh, please.jpg

Dude. REALLY?!!? :rolleyes:

How can secondary grade aluminum beat out US bar stock stainless steel?

How long of a warranty is the Lavatube 2.5?

After expiration of the warranty, who is gonna fix that Lavatube if it dysfunctions or breaks?

Topwater Elvis said:
Lavatube v2.5 has an aluminum alloy body, same 33.3hz chip as any other cheap apv, easily damaged pot metal 510 connector. Internally it is a vamo.

JJOOHHNN said:

Coelli said:
Well, no, actually... I'm pretty happy at around 1.1-1.2, I don't need or want VW, and since I don't want to sub-ohm or want VW, I don't need an update to the internals.

:thumb: This.

Last edited:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
If they ever do release one with a slightly higher amp limit and updated chip... I may buy two. :)
I'm using a V1 ProVari. The V2 and V2.5 version (that's been out for a couple years now) has a higher amp limit and updated chip. Please tell me what I'm missing out on...

I vape 1.2-3.0 oHms, at 3.7-4.3 volts. Basically, 6-6.5 watts. Anything higher and my juice tastes burnt. I don't typically run dual coils, because I don't like to waste juice. It's the same reason I never smoked two cigarettes at the same time. :)

Last edited:

Revelene

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2013
Kentucky, USA
Well, you were bashing!
I didn't buy it for the warranty.
And the way I vape, I don't need higher amp limit.
I have VW devices, and when I use them (which isn't that often for the reason below), I use them set for VV.
As long as I can adjust volts or watts up and down, I don't really care which - it's still just fine tuning, up or down a little.

The other thing you're not taking into account is that the chipset in the Provari provides a BETTER VAPE.
I doubted that, but SO many people said so, that when I realized it was also more compact than almost any other good quality mod, I bought one. THAT's the feature missing from all the less expensive variable anything mods - a better vape.

- full disclosure, I have not tried an MVP2 or a Semovar, or for that matter, any DNA devices.

DNA devices are nice. Soon I'll be getting the chipset and making my own body for it.

TexasTanker19kilo20

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Copperas Cove, TEXAS
I baseball threw(full force) my Zombie Provari at a 40 inch flat screen the other day. KILLED the TV instantly, picked up the device, replaced the busted Protank 2, and cotinued vaping the rest of the day. Also I have dropped it 2 times since killing the TV. Still vapes like a F N champ.

Enjoy the new Satin Black OP.

Revelene

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2013
Kentucky, USA
Dude. REALLY?!!? :rolleyes:

Have you held a Provari?

How long of a warranty is the Lavatube 2.5?

After expiration of the warranty, who is gonna fix that Lavatube if it dysfunctions or breaks?

:thumb: This.

A year warranty. I'll admit the body of the Provari is better but that button... Eh... They need a metal button. If they made one with a better button I would already have one.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I baseball threw(full force) my Zombie Provari at a 40 inch flat screen the other day. KILLED the TV instantly, picked up the device, replaced the busted Protank 2, and cotinued vaping the rest of the day. Also I have dropped it 2 times since killing the TV. Still vapes like a F N champ.

Wow. Those Valentine's Day happy vibes wore off quick.
A year warranty. I'll admit the body of the Provari is better but that button... Eh... They need a metal button. If they made one with a better button I would already have one.

It's rated for 5 million pushes. :)

I'll be engraving my ProVari this summer, and I'm thinking about popping the button out and carving a replacement button out of amber, just to see if I can.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
What I think is funny is that a lot of people say the Provari is top quality.... which is true but I hold a Lavatube V2.5 and feel a bit more of a solid build... I'm not saying the Provari is bad, it does what it does great but is silly when people say they want the Provari for the build quality and warranty... and you can get a Lavatube V2.5 for a fraction of the price with a warranty AND more features. The Provari is just a name. It had its place before but time has moved on... and the Provari is stuck in the past. As it stands, there really is no reason to get the Provari over something else like the Lavatube V2.5 because it does what it does only better. Provape needs to step it up and offer an updated device.

Right. Exactly too. Positively even.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Congats on the new Provari OP! Sounds like you had a great time!
Might have to get my hand on some of that juice you mentioned too:sneaky:

No heat intended here...I promise. This is just my personal opinion. Actually I wouldn't like one with anything else & yes the warranty did have an effect on my decision to buy my first one. I don't ever intend on quitting vaping...much like I never planned to quit smoking. Vaping just happened to be a healthier alternative. I considered the cost an investment in my vaping future without having to buy countless mods that I'll have to replace. And yes it's nice to know that even after the year warranty is done that I can have it repaired for less than $25 bucks in most cases. Heck I can even get an upgrade to the system for cheap when they put one out. But what I love the most is that it does exactly what I want it to do every single time I hit the fire button. Personally, I can't think of anything I'd like to change. Had VW before as well & I don't miss it one bit. It has nothing to do with the name for me. They could call it whatever they'd like & I'd still absolutely love it. If I want something different I pick up one of my mechs but even with 4 mechs & 3 Provari's the Provari is still my hands down favorite device.

I really don't care what anyone uses to keep them off the cigs. My motto is 'If you like it I love it!' We all want the same thing in the end so if something else gets you there then so be it but some of us are truly happy with our PV just the way it is:D

Revelene

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2013
Kentucky, USA
So the button is keeping you from getting one? Hmmmm......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. Too mushy like feeling... If I'm going to have my hands on it all day I want it to feel good... Hehe :) I like my buttons flush so they don't grab my pocket.

I forgot to mention I don't like the top cap being angled but I have seen a sleeve adapter that makes it look like a flat top so I didn't mention it.

Aaaaaannnd I don't like the cult following but that happens with good stuff I guess..

I guess I could always get one and mod the button... But I bet that would void the warranty. Decisions decisions...

(if you can't tell by now, I want one but I'm one stubborn guy... I do this with just about everything I purchase haha)

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA

How much did you bet on that game? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread