Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunni

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
PA, USA
Hey Bunni ...

Yes ... You can get all different types of adapters for it, if thats what you mean.

801/901/510/401/ and eventually 4081/103 ...

Yup that's what I meant, now I need to figure out whether to wait for this or get a V1 lol. Adding to my personal wishlist in any case!

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Not yet ... Will have pricing info by the end of this week. Will be under the $100/for sure ... no if, and's, or but's ... With the bare bones model likely around $20 - $30 cheaper ... So, perhaps $70 - $80 for the device itself.

Hey Cayman ... Battery life will actually be better than the Prodigy. 800/900mAh = All day, or at least a good 8-10 hours.

Thanks LLJR ... Posting an announcement on our subforum there now :)

lol... 900 mAh is about 3-4 hours for some of us :) I'm getting 2-3 days out of 3000mAh 18650's. Still waiting on word of the switches, myself!

medic23

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Southern KS
Cash, you can't wait until your caught up on the Prodigy and PT's to release this! I'm not sure your going to get caught up :) I just got my Prodigy and already 3 other people want one and with the big orders going out this week more people are going to be exposed and more orders and so on so forth until I never get the Protege ;) Really, what if you never get caught up? LOL

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
i know it isn't entirely feasible....but offering an atty with each adapter purchase would rock :) hint hint. haha.

i'm still wanting to try 801s on the Prodigy but i've not even blown ONE SINGLE 901 atty. ever. i only have like 5.

maybe i should stock up on 801 parts for the prodigy and save my 901 parts for the new protege.

heck, maybe i should sell my 901 parts to friends instead!

oh, one other random though, as i do have many...have you considered etching "puresmoker" on the items as well? isn't it on the passthru? i figure it would be a PITA though to try and even up both sides to have Prodigy/Protege and Puresmoker.

mgrimes

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2008
San Diego, CA
LOL You should have released this first Steve - the only reason I'm half-way entertained by this is because I have yet to find the ideal case for my prodigy so it's a little awkward to walk around with.

Seriously, if anyone tells me that they can just stroll back to 3.7v from 5v I'd tell them to quit being a baby and bring their nic count back to what they smoked at 3.7v cept on the prodigy :)

Not to say this isn't an EXCELLENT design to complete the PS device family. Something for everyone, but 5v is to sex what 3.7v is to holding hands :w00t:

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
LOL as if she can't pop over here and read this! ;) Oh, maybe they don't have computers at the beach in Florida! :D

She doesn't have one there Jo, so I thought I'd go ahead and put it out there. hehe

PS- Love on the furbabies for me. Awww I miss em! ...And you guys to!

PSS- Loving my new vape toys! :D...Need to trade a 901 adaptor for an 801 when you get a chance. (No hurry)

Thanks for everything!

JAFO2RHh

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
Cedar Rapids, IA
Aye was hell this weekend waiting on my replacement switch for the prodigy. Had to revert back to my old 901 batteries as I blew through 2 atomizers on my rigged switch with no resistor.. now that it's running again at 5v again, I really really don't want to go back to 3.7 ever again.... Dang that thing looks so cute though, and it would be better at work... hmmm

tescela

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Aye was hell this weekend waiting on my replacement switch for the prodigy. Had to revert back to my old 901 batteries as I blew through 2 atomizers on my rigged switch with no resistor.. now that it's running again at 5v again, I really really don't want to go back to 3.7 ever again....

Exactly. Once you've been to the big leagues, who would choose to go back to the farm team? :evil:

mpetva

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Virginia
Design is done ... Prototype Parts are done ... Waiting to Catch up on Prodigy's and PT's then the Protege will be released ....
Length = Roughly the same length as a penstyle ecig
Thickness = Just about like a Cigar
End Cap = Half Moons (for easy turning)
Manual Switch = Manual Switch ... lol
Battery = (1) 14500 3.7v 800/900mAh (same size as a AA batt)
Adapters = Same as the PS USBpass
Does this mean that the P/T adapters (I ordered and am waiting patiently for the 901 and 510 PT adapters :) will fit on this and I would not have to buy new adapters if I purchased the Protoge?

I find that I actually like the "lower" taste of regular e-cigs to the Puresmoker P/T because it seems that the taste/hit is milder...so does this 3.7V business mean it will kind of taste/be the same as on a regular e-cig such as joye 520/dse901/dse801?

If so, I will definately order one!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread