Purchased an ULTON 'Kayfun Lite 2019' clone .. not impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
A couple of days ago my 24mm ULTON 'kayfun Lite 2019' clone came in the mail. It was also ordered with the 24mm 'Long Mode' kit that increases the juice volume to 5 ml.

This was to be a replacement for the old 'Kayfun Lite-Plus V2' that I have been vaping on for the last 5 1/2 years.

The KF Lite 2019 was to be a direct and updated replacement for the old KF Lite-Plus V2. The KF Lite-Plus was truly one of the best Tootle-Puffer mouth to lung rebuildable atomizers ever manufactured, although it certainly is now an old design.

Well, the KF 2019 don't compare to the old KF Lite-Plus .....

1. The KF 2019 has too small of a chimney which causes it to be lacking in flavor, and produces a 'hot vape' due to the chimney's (vape chamber) overall small size.

2. The chimney is also really too short in that if you bring the coil up more than about 1 mm from the air hole in the atty's deck (which is right below the coil), the top of the coil will contact the top of the chimney and short out ... Keep the coil just high enough off the floor of the base so it don't make contact, but not too high or the coil will touch the top of the chimney (poor design).

3. The KF 2019 is a real 'gurgler' .... No matter how I would wick this thing, sooner or later it will start to gurgle (I tried every different wick style I could think of with no luck). My Kayfun Lite-Plus never gurgled like this.

4. Do to the design of the air inlet hole on the KF 2019, this atty tends to be noisy while vaping ... much noisier than the Kayfun Lite-Plus ever was ... Really get on your nerves after awhile (unless you use ear plugs while vaping) :)

5. I never was much of a fan of how the Kayfun Lite-Plus was refilled through the little screw on the bottom of the base, but removing the whole base section of the KF 2019 to refill it is a pain in the ... compared to refilling the old Kayfun Lite-Plus with it's tiny refill screw.

Bottom line ..... Do to the poor quality of the vape and the gurgling problem the new KF Lite 2019 has, I am going back to vaping my beloved Kayfun Lite-Plus V2.

My mistake ordering this 24mm Kayfun Lite 2019 clone.

And my second biggest mistake was ordering the smaller 22mm YFTK version of the Kayfun Lite 2019 that has not been delivered to me yet .... I may not even unbox it when it gets here.

Just my opinion folks ......

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Oh ... and I don't think an original SvoëMesto Kayfun Lite 2019 can be much better than the clone because it will still have that undersize / inadequate vape chamber (chimney)

Back to vaping my sweetheart 'Kayfun Lite-Plus V2' Chinese clone :)

B3WaGZ2.jpg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
@Flt Simulation, I've vaped EHPro Kayfun Lite Plus V2 atties for many years and just bought two of the Ulton Kayfun Lite 2019 24mm clones last week. While I agree with some of your assessments I don't consider the new style 24mm Ulton Kayfun to be nearly as bad as you review it to be. I'm liking it so far.

One of my gripes with the older SS Kayfun clones has always been that they are top heavy and just a touch will knock one over on most mods that are sized for pocket carry. I was looking for a low profile 24mm Kayfun that held 4ml juice and the 2019 fills that bill. It's more plastic and less heavy steel and that helps with topside weight balance.

As for flavor, my experience is that flavor is actually a little better on the KFL 2019 than my old Kayfuns. The chimney on the Ulton KF 2019 is definitely smaller. I wound up a 2mm SS316 coil and wicked it with rayon. Yes, the vape is a little warmer, but that's to be expected with the short chimney and it's not that much warmer . I vape just about everything at 10W to 13W and at my wattage the extra warmth isn't that much. I notice the same increase in warmth with my DoggyStyle atomizers.

I don't like having to remove the top to fill because it causes wear on the Ulton tank, so I ordered the top fill kit and that's on the way. It allows top fill by removing the ring instead of the entire top.

As for gurgling, I experienced that right after filling the first time, but it occurred as I covered the air holes and took a couple of puffs to wet the wicking a little more. As with the old KF2 I was able to purge the juice in the chimney using the upside down, blow it out into a paper towel trick we always use. After that, it was fine.

24mm atties will always be harder to pocket carry except in a jacket pocket. I suppose that 24mm atties will be what I vape at home. The EHPro Kayfun Lite V2 clones will go with me outside of home, as they always have. IMO, it's a winner for design and smaller size.

Last edited:

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Anna .... I once had an original Kayfun Lite-Plus V2 that I purchased from a vendor in Germany for about $100 ... It was no better than any of the Chinese clones I also had.

Ron,

BTW ... One night I somehow left that $100 Kayfun in a bar in the Philippines ... Never to be seen again

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I believe it 100% but until I get one of those suckers (the clones) vaping DECENTLY, I'm not shelling out for the original. It makes no sense to do so.

I keep hopin'. To be fair a lot of the clones were early in my vaping career, I am only recently understanding the mysteries of JFC (I have a prime clone I should go back to) but eh.

Take the cheap stuff to the bar while drinking,. TRUST me, when I went out on a binge, I wore CHEAP underwear.

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Anna .... I once had an original Kayfun Lite-Plus V2 that I purchased from a vendor in Germany for about $100 ... It was no better than any of the Chinese clones I also had.

Ron,

BTW ... One night I somehow left that $100 Kayfun in a bar in the Philippines ... Never to be seen again

I only buy original attys when the price is right. The price on the Ulton KF 2019 and the quality are fine. I can see mine being a consistent around the house atomizer.

I have 6 or 8 EHPro Kayfun Lite Plus V2's in my stash box and they are pretty much my all day vape. My only gripe is that as mods become lighter in weight I seem to topple them over frequently with a top heavy all steel atty on a small mod like the Pico 75. I see the Ulton KF 2019 as a good weight balance match for the mods I use.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Look it's just common SENSE. When you wake up next to some dude whose name you aren't sure of you are TOTALLY looking for your purse, and the clothing you NEED for decency (well, I'm not sure we are talking decency at this point, really) but like, not having to scrabble for cheap underwear that was probably tangled in the sheets somewhere... FORGET IT you are gonna wake the dude up.

The problem is, sometimes the dudes like remember YOU and come looking and it's awkward, I MEAN this one guy showed up and was all like, "I haven't had a hookup like that in some TIME," and I was thinking "Glad you had fun I don't remember." Then he was like, "I want to date you" I was thinking "Dude, I wish I could remember last night, I want to do it to someone rich and powerful." But then he was like , "It's kinda awkward because I am dating So and so down the hall (hot blonde cheerleader) and I was thinking "Maybe I should date him like JUST to find out what I DID I am clearly VENUS de MILO when I am in a blackout." But instead I said, "You have a girlfriend? I have no boyfriend. GET OUT."

There was also an awkward moment with a tall version of Skreech from "Saved by the bell" I really was saved that time because we spend spring break at my room mate's beach house, he was a neurosurgeon so I got to LEAVE eventually but apparently I spent a night with him in a CARPETED bathroom no less and apparently he was EXTREMELLY satisfied and vocal about the outcome but I was extremely HORRIFIED when I came to.

There are reasons why I don't drink anymore and those would be some of them. I bet if I vaped, l would do so during "congress" as it were. .I did with cigarettes sometimes, also a swig of beer from time to time .You know, your nic levels dip…. You get thirsty.

Oh my this is not making me sound couth at all.. Okay time for YOGA ATTMEMPT.

Fifteen minutes and if it is still vile... Sigh.

Anna

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I haven't tried any of the Kayfuns, and accept that they would need a small coil/tight build ect but I suspect (just like many MTL RTAs) that it doesn't have enough airflow for me (I like very loose MTL) I was very interested in the Berserker (the smaller one) but passed because of tight airflow. Ended up with a Silverplay. It's very interesting and versatile ( can even do restricted DTL) but can be tricky. Lucky I did lots of homework before I tried it. My other choice is a Ehpro True and the one with a strange name (either Coppervape Hussar Project X Styled RTA or CTHULHU MOD HASTUR MTL RTA MINI... don't recall which one) Actually, here's my entire wishlist:
GEEK VAPE AMMIT 24MM MTL RTA

Coppervape Hussar Project X Styled RTA

INNOKIN ARES 24MM MTL RTA

Fumytech Rose MTL RTA

CTHULHU MOD HASTUR MTL RTA MINI

EHPRO True MTL RTA

Berserker V1.5 Styled MTL RTA

COILART SALT 18MM RTA

ULTON Tripod Style 316SS 22mm RTA

SILVERPLAY 24MM MULTI AIRFLOW RTA

SXK Doggystyle Styled RTA

and maybe the kayfun lite 2019...

What style do you vape (MTL, DTL, loose, tight) and what diameter is your max (or do you mind overhang)?
The Silverplay is 24mm, my mod is only 22mm... don't really care.
Everyone seems to hate the Innokin Ares...

• Winner

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That's a prett good list actually. The berserker's too tight for my tastes and the Ares does suck for those rare few for whom it doesn't.

I don't have a wish list exactly. I'm not that methodical. I do have a hate list but it's shorter. I hope I like the Kayfun lite clone when I get it, It looks cool.

I'm gonna start beaming positivity at me. LOL. You know, ahead of time.

Anna

Reactions: Falconeer

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
A couple of days ago my 24mm ULTON 'Kayfun Lite 2019' clone came in the mail. It was also ordered with the 24mm 'Long Mode' kit that increases the juice volume to 5 ml.

This was to be a replacement for the old 'Kayfun Lite-Plus V2' that I have been vaping on for the last 5 1/2 years.

The KF Lite 2019 was to be a direct and updated replacement for the old KF Lite-Plus V2. The KF Lite-Plus was truly one of the best Tootle-Puffer mouth to lung rebuildable atomizers ever manufactured, although it certainly is now an old design.

Well, the KF 2019 don't compare to the old KF Lite-Plus .....

1. The KF 2019 has too small of a chimney which causes it to be lacking in flavor, and produces a 'hot vape' due to the chimney's (vape chamber) overall small size.

2. The chimney is also really too short in that if you bring the coil up more than about 1 mm from the air hole in the atty's deck (which is right below the coil), the top of the coil will contact the top of the chimney and short out ... Keep the coil just high enough off the floor of the base so it don't make contact, but not too high or the coil will touch the top of the chimney (poor design).

3. The KF 2019 is a real 'gurgler' .... No matter how I would wick this thing, sooner or later it will start to gurgle (I tried every different wick style I could think of with no luck). My Kayfun Lite-Plus never gurgled like this.

4. Do to the design of the air inlet hole on the KF 2019, this atty tends to be noisy while vaping ... much noisier than the Kayfun Lite-Plus ever was ... Really get on your nerves after awhile (unless you use ear plugs while vaping) :)

5. I never was much of a fan of how the Kayfun Lite-Plus was refilled through the little screw on the bottom of the base, but removing the whole base section of the KF 2019 to refill it is a pain in the ... compared to refilling the old Kayfun Lite-Plus with it's tiny refill screw.

Bottom line ..... Do to the poor quality of the vape and the gurgling problem the new KF Lite 2019 has, I am going back to vaping my beloved Kayfun Lite-Plus V2.

My mistake ordering this 24mm Kayfun Lite 2019 clone.

And my second biggest mistake was ordering the smaller 22mm YFTK version of the Kayfun Lite 2019 that has not been delivered to me yet .... I may not even unbox it when it gets here.

Just my opinion folks ......
The timing is off on this but I just received a YFTK 22mm by mistake. I wanted the 24mm. We could have done a trade. I'm not to keen on sending this atty back to China so I'm looking for folks who might want to trade. Or would you consider selling me your 24mm? Is it SS? How are the threads?

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
muth ....

I now have both the 22 and 24mm clones. It's actually the 24mm Kayfun that fits better on my mods, so I certainly don't need another 22mm one.

However, if I continue to dislike the vape quality of these two Kayfun 2019 clones, I may send them to you.

I will keep you in mind.

Again, the chimney (vape chamber) is just too small on these, resulting in a hot vape ... even at low watts.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
muth ....

I now have both the 22 and 24mm clones. It's actually the 24mm Kayfun that fits better on my mods, so I certainly don't need another 22mm one.

However, if I continue to dislike the vape quality of these two Kayfun 2019 clones, I may send them to you.

I will keep you in mind.

Again, the chimney (vape chamber) is just too small on these, resulting in a hot vape ... even at low watts.
Thank you, FS, that's very thoughtful of you. Have you tried different builds, wire, or maybe temp control to get your vape cooler? Maybe it's subjective but I haven't noticed a hot vape with my 2019s. I'd call it tepid. My usual build is 28-27g wire. 2.5 ID. My resistance can run anywhere between 0.5ohms - 1.0ohms depending on wire material. If I use SS I space it ever so slightly and use TC, but not all the time. I hope you can find your sweet spot and enjoy your tanks:)

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I only buy original attys when the price is right. The price on the Ulton KF 2019 and the quality are fine. I can see mine being a consistent around the house atomizer.

I have 6 or 8 EHPro Kayfun Lite Plus V2's in my stash box and they are pretty much my all day vape. My only gripe is that as mods become lighter in weight I seem to topple them over frequently with a top heavy all steel atty on a small mod like the Pico 75. I see the Ulton KF 2019 as a good weight balance match for the mods I use.
Any idea where you can still find an Ulton KFL 2019? I had ordered a YFTK 24mm and 3Fvape sent me a 22mm. By the time I send it back......you know the story.

• Optimistic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread