Qualifications For the ALPHA™ Program & ALL ALPHA Product Discussion HERE- Check Here For New Alpha Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
I have been thru many Kicks and when 1 starts acting up I contact Evolv and they replace it for free..

Thanks, I may have to try that! It will just stop working, and I unscrew the top of the SB and then immediately screw it back on and the Kick works again. Is that what yours would do?

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Thanks, I may have to try that! It will just stop working, and I unscrew the top of the SB and then immediately screw it back on and the Kick works again. Is that what yours would do?

Take your SB apart and clean all contacts and threads...

I usually use alcohol on a cotton swab first and then go back with some WD-40 ( also on a cotton swab ) to lubricate them ( don't have any nolox yet ). This is typical of all mechanical devices and probably all devices in general... depending on use, clean either weekly or monthly ( I do it about one or twice a month on my Legacy and/or Bolt )

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
So I finally decided to fool around with my CE9 (and phoenix reubildable...semi unrelated lol), I got tired of having problems with the glass wicks...they haven't been working for me on anything I build :mad:. Sooooo, I did what I'm best at and built this thing up with a SS mesh wick, and it's working so good now....so I figured pictures were in order.

2012-08-23_11-32-14_712.jpg
I needed a thinner wick than I normally use, so I cut one out at 2cm wide to roll with.

2012-08-23_11-32-31_124.jpg
Got it rolled up, carbonized, and seasoned with the juice I envisioned myself using this with.

2012-08-23_11-32-55_927.jpg
I made sure it would fit the spike before hitting it with a torch, and again after...just in case.

2012-08-23_11-43-18_294.jpg
Had to fool around with how I was going to wrap this thing in it's current state, and came up with this. Don't mind the fact that my coil is obviously shorted in the picture, I just pulled it away from the post before threading it through the spike.

2012-08-23_11-49-42_717.jpg
I cut it off at the spike, same angle and everything, threw on the top portion, and filled a tank up. I've been vaping it for a while now, and it's been preforming quite well I must say. The juice I wanted in it has never worked well in a genesis atty, but it's working alright here with the occasional dry hit...but I knew this juice had it's problems. I'll have to try it with one of my normal Genny juices and see how that pans out.

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
Take your SB apart and clean all contacts and threads...

I usually use alcohol on a cotton swab first and then go back with some WD-40 ( also on a cotton swab ) to lubricate them ( don't have any nolox yet ). This is typical of all mechanical devices and probably all devices in general... depending on use, clean either weekly or monthly ( I do it about one or twice a month on my Legacy and/or Bolt )

Thanks, but already done regularly. :) It's definitely the Kick. If I remove it and use the SB without it I've never had one single issue.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com

3 months ago when I 1st started w Kicks I was emailing w Evolve. I got flat top batts w the kit that was made for the Kick. The 1st thing they had me try was placing a magnet on top of the batt to assist w contact of the Kick. It made all the difference in the world. Now that I have 4 of them and have been using them for months I've found that once a batt gets to about 3.8 or 3.7 the Kick is going to start to be sporaticly firing. Thats when I switch them out. I also use the Panasonic Hybrids that have a 10 A output and they play nice together. Also of the 4 kicks I have 2 have been replaced in the first 2 months.
Sporatic firing is the Kicks way of saying there is not enough juice for me anymore. If its working properly.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Thanks, but already done regularly. :) It's definitely the Kick. If I remove it and use the SB without it I've never had one single issue.

Ok... then to go slightly further and also with a suggestion you may have tried... clean all 3 connection on the Kick... top, bottom and the ground wire on the side. I typically just use a pencil eraser for this since it seems to clean the built up corrosion pretty well... I also move the potentiometer setting back and forth in case it may have a minor contact issue.

I'm done with any further suggestions after that ... other than to get a replacement maybe.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
Stylish Variable 4-Stage Mini eGo PassThru 3.0-4.8 - Stainless [gv-alpha-minipassthrough] - $8.49 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

hello Alpha discussers :) is there any possible ETA on when this product will be available for non-alpha members?
also, does it require a 1.5A+ USB-to-wall adaptor like most passthroughs?

Not sure when, but it is going mainline presumably as soon as more come in - they almost even skipped the alpha group as they were rather confident in the item already.

Technically, it depends on how you use it but I personally wouldn't plug any pass through into a computer. I'm not sure how much loss there is in the regulator, but imagine it's pretty minimal. Still - it's not that hard to hit 1.5amps, especially at 4.8v. Even way up at 3.0ohms you're still already drawing 1.6a assuming it's available from the supply source.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Stylish Variable 4-Stage Mini eGo PassThru 3.0-4.8 - Stainless [gv-alpha-minipassthrough] - $8.49 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

hello Alpha discussers :) is there any possible ETA on when this product will be available for non-alpha members?
also, does it require a 1.5A+ USB-to-wall adaptor like most passthroughs?

Best wall adapter for the Amigo ( which is what it will be called) is a 2.0amp. That's pretty much what we all agreed on. Most of us were also in agreement that we'd rather not plug a PT into our computers :) Not sure when they're coming in other than "soon".

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
oh i absolutely would not be plugging any passthrus into my computer. im confident my computer could handle it, but there is still a chance and im not willing to risk a computer when an adaptor is easily and relatively cheaply gotten. 2.0 amp it is. thank you for your help and thank you for giving me the low down on that sweet little puppy. Amigo! i feel like its my friend already :D

Krystm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Arlington, TX
Rocket-

Hey, I'm lazy and on my phone so I dont feel like trying to search. But what kind and size batteries do I need to get for the rocket I won?

18350s 3.7V

As far as the USB pass though you can always use an iPad charger if you have one. They are rated for 10A

Krystm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Arlington, TX
Also wanted to add some ZMax Info for you guys....

Device is BOTH VV and VW
CAN USE STACKED 2x18350s Requires EXT Cap Batteries OR 1 Single 18650 - which means both step down and boost voltage.
Variable Wattage from 3W - 15W (Increased by .5W)
Variable Voltage from 3V - 6V (Increased by .1V)
BOTH 510 AND eGo Treaded
Blue LED / Screen

Rumored to be 4 Amp limiter.

Last edited:

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
18350s 3.7V

As far as the USB pass though you can always use an iPad charger if you have one. They are rated for 10A

Thanks! I thought I remembered as much. I have exactly ONE 18350, lol. Does it matter if they are flat top or button tops. Protected or unprotected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread