The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    If you are short of work and bored you should.

• Like Like x 4
  2. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hope you like the coffees.

• Like Like x 3
  3. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Ok here is my recipe

Cheesy Acai Biscuit
    INW Biscuit 1%
    WF Mascarpone 1%
    TFA Acai 2%
    WF Boysenbeery/Raspberry 2%

The 1% Marcarpone in this recipe is more pronounced than it is in a cheesecake recipe. It's very cheesy to me and I like it. Others might want to start with .5% and work up to where you want it. The Acai isn't as pronounced as it is at 3% but still retains it's little bite.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Sometimes you work really hard on something, and then you need a break, or so they tell me. Our department is dropping like flies. I think many folks are kind of unhappy.

I get lots of work guilt every day because my email is on my phone and I have to check notifications I also need to approve my pay day.

I tried to get ahold of the woman who called me, I don't want to run out of FMLA "time." Of course, she wasn't available-- HONESTLY. I want to be safely on FMLA and out,.

Sigh,. pretty soon here I am bathing, then yoga. I need to do it, Bisbee awaits. I kind of want to drive, I hate my husband's driving so MUCH. The husband was muttering about snow and roads and such.

I said, "Well then you get your dream, you buy a used but functional truck as we trade in my Mazda and I will drive the Subaru,"

He was like, "It's on its last legs."

I replied, "Perhaps the way YOU drive it, I'm fairly sure I could make it last for YEARS."
    He was like, "Well, that's probably accurate, honestly, and I'd never hear the end of it."

Yeah, I have had experience, I have owned TWO of the boxy volvos from the 80s. One was this RUST colored automatic thing. It had a speedometer that jumped from 55 to 80 when you went to 66 miles per hour,. It also vibrated and emitted a sort of smoking, plastic burning thing from time to time. The underneath was so rusted out, I probably could have fallen through at any time on the highway, and been decapitated. But I drove it for years. I just got in it and expected it to work, and it did.

Then a forest green one in slightly better shape, but the battery kept dying and I even replaced the alternator. It stranded me 5 miles from home with my 2 month old inside in a snowstorm. Volvos actually sucked in snow they are rear wheel drive, but you shove some bags of sand or salt in there, it mimics the weight of the engine so it made it manageable. It's kind of a fun trick, But, . I was walking down the highway carrying him. A good Samaritan picked us up. But that was it for me with Volvos man, I bought my first new car the next day.

Anna

• Like Like x 5
  6. Blitzdonlife

Blitzdonlife Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    I have to do this. I hate wasting liquid, and was hoping they steeped out to be decent, but it didn't happen.

• Like Like x 7
  7. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Oooh I forgot to mention I fixed my butter mint flavor by diluting it by half. I need mints not to be strong I guess, or like my palate is adjusting. I don't know why I did it but like, I started with the tank, I removed half and put in base. I was like, "This tastes good, but like too MUCH."

LOL. We don't know what to do with the dumb check. Not even slightly because well, we can't figure out what branches are where.

Anna

• Like Like x 5
  8. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    That's why I try to do SFTs of every flavor (that's easier for me because I can't order very many at once) I just make 10 ml batches and after tasting, mess around with combining those (directly in my MTL tank)

• Like Like x 6
  9. Iron Molly

Iron Molly Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2010
    State of Anxiety
    Except here everyone has to wear masks, so you can't see facial expressions. Creepy! Everyone in the store looks like a bank robber. :lol: I should sharpie a smile on my mask.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  10. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Is the WF Boysenberry/Raspberry 1 flavor together or are you saying use 1% of each or 2% of each?

Thx
    :)

• Like Like x 4
  11. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Everyone has there own way of doing things.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Iron Molly

Iron Molly Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2010
    State of Anxiety
    I did make it to the store this morning. Caked in sunscreen, with a hood up over my head, trying to avoid the sun. So far so good, I think I'm OK. Will find out for sure in a few hours I guess. Hives do seem to be fading so that's good!

I need to overseed my lawn, but I figure I can do that after sunset with a headlamp. The neighbors already think I'm crazy so might as well just cement that impression fully! :lol:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes, it’s one flavor at 2%.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Just did a pick up from my grocery store. Not 1 employee is wear any protection mask or gloves. Does make me really nervous. No one I saw was even wearing a mask or gloves. So much for social distance being observed. Went out on Sunday to the po to pick up my mail and not a soul in sight, smile. But today it looks like everything is normal. Its not the guidelines keeping people inside here, its the lack of having any money. Guess a bunch of peeps got their checks.

smh

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Well then, I dont have it so I will use 1% of the ones I do have.

Thx sounds good for something a little different.
    :)

• Like Like x 6
  16. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    For me the Açaí ranks up there with my rhubarb.:)

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  17. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Agree. About the only thing I like less than wasting crappy liquid is vaping it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    For the Boysenberry/Raspberry just use 1% of each if you have both flavors

• Like Like x 4
  19. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012