Random DIY mixing and More

dmska

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Nothing I make is great, however if you haven't tried it yet, may I recommend vanilla ruyan custard from wonder flavors. It's slightly sweet and has a nice tobacco flavor. I've vaped it standalone, but mix it with Tahitian vanilla (also wonder flavors) and a little extra custard.
I mixed up some single flavor mix FA chocolate, FA Caramel Candy, and Inawera Chocolate a few days ago, all at 6% standalone. All are developing light to medium shades of color so far. Any tips on steep time and mix ratio for those? These are my first chocolate and caramel mixes, although I've had them for a while. I just used the average for several mix site recommendations.

I'm mostly a tobacco DIY guy for the last few years, but I'm starting to branch out into more complex mixes with other flavors. I have yet to find an RY4 standalone that I really like. There's never enough sweet undertones in the single flavor RY4's, so I thought I'd play with varying 10ml batches with caramel and chocolate additions.

Suggestions for a great DIY RY4 combo mix? I have FA, HS, and Inawera RY4's to play with and hopefully improve.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I was putting off trying another mix with the FLV Cranberry but I bit the bullet and tried a Cranberry/Brie mix I did awhile back. Surprised it's not bad. Put it away for a bit more steeping.

Haven't got in mixing mode so I'm just trying some mixes.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I may try a small mix with the regular plum. I find the Smoked Plum wicked sweet.

I was thinking amber with anything like pom or cranberry. Your description of amber matches mine, indescribable.

I like it but I'm not getting much in the way of plum from Smokey Amber Plum at 3 weeks. I might add TFA Plum next time, but I don't think that tasted like plum when I tested it either. I think I'll have to get into adding things like cherry and sour.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I was thinking amber with anything like pom or cranberry. Your description of amber matches mine, indescribable.

I like it but I'm not getting much in the way of plum from Smokey Amber Plum at 3 weeks. I might add TFA Plum next time, but I don't think that tasted like plum when I tested it either. I think I'll have to get into adding things like cherry and sour.
    Now there's a good idea. I'll try it with the FLV cranberry. Maybe it can improve the cranberry taste...........

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I'd be hard pressed to describe Amber. It's not really sweet,has no boozy taste to me,have no idea of how to use this in a mix. Think I'm just going to let it get to a 30 day steep and try again.

That's an odd one, since it's not something you normally eat or drink that I can think of. Watch out for the dinosaur DNA.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Now there's a good idea. I'll try it with the FLV cranberry. Maybe it can improve the cranberry taste...........

I mixed some FLV Cranberry with Amber - after a nice long steep, I dumped it. FLV Cranberry and I will NEVER develop a relationship. :nah:

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    @hittman and @Sugar_and_Spice I wonder if some Pom mixed into the cran-apple just might "fix" it. I am still enjoying the recipe I posted but the Fuji is strong and the mix is more apple than cranberry though I do taste both. I am also going to try mixing Fuji and INW Two Apples to see what happens. You never know what might make magic!

bfcfce217d81cee1391b0ad0a50f1681.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    @hittman and @Sugar_and_Spice I wonder if some Pom mixed into the cran-apple just might "fix" it. I am still enjoying the recipe I posted but the Fuji is strong and the mix is more apple than cranberry though I do taste both. I am also going to try mixing Fuji and INW Two Apples to see what happens. You never know what might make magic!

bfcfce217d81cee1391b0ad0a50f1681.jpg

I have a sample bottle steeping right now with the following

10% TFA cranberry
    4% Fuji
    2% two apples
    1% FE lemon
    1% inw cactus

Users who are viewing this thread