Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisionics

Aug 18, 2019
@bask i ve just received the Comair Viskose you told me. It's freakin a lot :lol:

I found the external plastic with some holes, a couple big on the top side and 2 couples of small ones on the side.
I think they do it to avoid Cellulose to absorb plastic flavour (i'm seeing the same approach on many products based on plastic envelops), but this poses some risk (both health and flavour) about the place where was stored. I highly doubt it was stored in a "protected" room.

Your pack was the same or it was 100% closed (no holes)?

Last edited:

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
The only issue I've ever had with rayon is with menthol, it can mute the "flavor" if not wicked absolutely perfect.

With other actual flavors like tobacco's and such its better in every way compared to cotton, it lasts longer, produces more flavor, a stronger nic hit.

If you're getting two days with cotton my guess is you will get around a week with rayon once you get it dialed in.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
No pictures but I wicked mine with Rayon about 4 times, and to me it was a serious PITA. (Steamer also has a DL, not sure of Rayon). After wicking the coil, there's a removable shield you put around the coil and that shield has the wick holes. So you need to lift the wick up like bunny ears to put through that shield on either side, and pull through. Then you gotta do the whole back and forth to get the twist out before cutting and thinning. Nothing special, thin a lot, great flavour, just not worth the effort to me. Cotton turned out much quicker for me
I own a few darvws, but not the dtl version. With my mtl darvws, I do not do the bunny ear thing, dont have to. If you just wick normally, then cut tails, thin tails and place on deck its easier, much easier. Later will post some pics, but I place them on deck , thinned and at the correct length, then push them inwards some, so the ring snaps down without touching them, once the ring is in place, I just nudge them over against the holes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
@Wayneo , @TrollDragon , not sure if this helps, but here's how I wick my darvws with rayon. Although I dont use cotton anymore, I fail to see how it would be any easier in terms of wicking. The only difference is that I use slightly more rayon thru the coil and trim my tails more.
20191008_212823.jpg
20191008_213001.jpg
20191008_213832.jpg
20191008_214248.jpg
20191008_214550.jpg
20191008_214818.jpg

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
vapdivrr Your prior description was good, pics are always better, thanks. ;) Mine's cleaned and packed away somewhere.
I now get what you were saying with rayon being harder. I guess if you have to trim and thin tails after the jc ring is on, it would be. Hopefully if you ever get it back out, this will work and get you using it again

hisionics

Aug 18, 2019
It is 100% closed.

This wouldn’t make any sense, as it is made for- and used by barbers.

Dunno @bask is the only thing i can think of. The holes are (except one on top) perfectly circular and symmetric. I think they were made on purpose (even if i dont know wich is).

You got the Comair Rayon from Amazon too, right?

I think i'm gonna return it back. The smell wasnt that clear/pure as the HolyFiber's one. Maybe is only suggestion.

Luckily while surfing Amazon i ve found the DM Ebelin and i took the only one left (pretty cheap too). @Rossum I found (and bought) 2 products : DM Balls and DB "watte", wich i dunno the exact format coz there arent real pics. In the front-pic of the product seems a towel :lol:). Do you know this format (and/or you tried it for vaping)?
here the link (ebelin Watte, 200 g dauerhaft günstig online kaufen | dm.de).

Last edited:

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
been using 100% rayon cellucotton by graham for 4 years, bought the samall box of 40 ft, still have plenty left, i break mine in by pulse firing with juice on it, i keep dripping juice on it for a minute or so then i screw on the glass tank.
Vandy Vape Kylin V2 RTA

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I've been using the dm Viskose balls lately, they are a little more work than the Sally's but I find it worth it.

Also I have been too lazy to go refill my Rayon working bag from the 3lb box in storage. :lol:
I have to try them. Where do you get them?

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
I just wick it and vape... There's barely any strange flavor from Rayon.
tried both ways, priming it first and pulse firing before putting tank on does greatly improve flavour and an overall better vaping experience/consistency.
imho, ymmv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread