Status
Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
When I do a rebuild session I usually end up doing more than one atomizer. I wash my hands and have at it. I do prime the wicks but that is more a function of trimming them properly for each build. Never had to pulse the or prime fire them. Good right after being built. YMMV.

Last edited:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I’ve never tried rayon or hemp wicks but here’s a box of rayon some vapors say is great for vaping for https://www.amazon.com/Graham-Professional-Cellucotton-Beauty-Rayon/dp/B00PBGJT5A
    I was given my first bag from the Rayonati slavkov who is no longer active.

My current supply was sent to me from a Steam Crave group member in Belgium. You can only buy them in Germany, so if you have any friends over there, have them send you a bag or two.

95¢ a bag, the shipping costs considerably more... ;)
    [URL='https://www.dm.de/ebelin-wattebaellchen-p4010355912183.html']ebelin Wattebällchen, 100 St dauerhaft günstig online kaufen | dm.de
    https://www.amazon.com/Graham-Professional-Cellucotton-Beauty-Rayon/dp/B00PBGJT5A
    [/URL]

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    Why can you only buy two bags is this some so sought after rayon that like... They ration you? What? Do you need to send pictures? I am so confused right now.

Anna
    Spun by virgin elves in the Black Forest region, made of light rays. It takes a Quest to obtain some [emoji3]

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    I’ve never tried rayon or hemp wicks but here’s a box of rayon some vapors say is great for vaping for https://www.amazon.com/Graham-Professional-Cellucotton-Beauty-Rayon/dp/B00PBGJT5A
    Maybe you should try Rayon, as you're preaching to the choir here.

I've owned the 3lb box for 5 years...
    Zoaz0Jwl.jpg

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Spun by virgin elves in the Black Forest region, made of light rays. It takes a Quest to obtain some
    emoji3.png

Some people will do anything not to enter a Sally's beauty salon. Just saying.:lol::lol:

I'm pretty thrilled with my low rent rayon maybe I gotta try to get some but probably not. LOL.

Anna

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Some people will do anything not to enter a Sally's beauty salon. Just saying.:lol::lol:
    Hah! I got my first batch of rayon at the Sally's in Christiansburg, VA in the spring of 2014. I walked in and looked around somewhat helplessly. An attractive young clerk asked me if I needed help finding anything.

"Yeah, I need a box of Cellucotton beauty coil, but rayon, not cotton."

She replied:
    "Are you fixing to bleach some grout?"

Apparently the stuff has more uses than just perms, colors, and wicking! :blink:

Terri McVeety

ECF Veteran
    Nov 9, 2018
    NE Texas
    Hah! I got my first batch of rayon at the Sally's in Christiansburg, VA in the spring of 2014. I walked in and looked around somewhat helplessly. An attractive young clerk asked me if I needed help finding anything.

"Yeah, I need a box of Cellucotton beauty coil, but rayon, not cotton."

She replied:
    "Are you fixing to bleach some grout?"

Apparently the stuff has more uses than just perms, colors, and wicking! :blink:
    Is it you that uses the tidi rayon? If so what do you find better?

Last edited:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    I was more adventurous when I bought my first, and so far only, box (still going after all these years). I walked into the Sally's in Centerton Mall, Mount Laurel, and wandered around looking for it myself. Got some inquisitive looks, but man they sure have lots of stuff that makes wicking easier, like neat cuticle shears!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Is it you that uses the tidi rayon? If so what do you find better?
    I am. But I am for sure not the only one.

It looks and feels like a higher quality fiber. I also think it is "cleaner" with less break-in taste than Cellucotton. But there are a couple of downsides: It's harder to find/procure, and it comes in balls that one must unroll rather than a continuous rope.

Terri McVeety

ECF Veteran
    Nov 9, 2018
    NE Texas
    I am. But I am for sure not the only one.

It looks and feels like a higher quality fiber. I also think it is "cleaner" with less break-in taste than Cellucotton. But there are a couple of downsides: It's harder to find/procure, and it comes in balls that one must unroll rather than a continuous rope.
    Thanks for the info! Are they difficult to unroll?

Terri McVeety

ECF Veteran
    Nov 9, 2018
    NE Texas
    Nah. They're not difficult. Just less convenient than Sally's.
    Sorry so many questions!

So the preference is because of taste? Health (clean)? I find very little to no break in time with “Sally’s”. However if I can turn it up yet another notch I will!

thank y’all so much!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 25, 2014
    NY
    Sorry so many questions!

So the preference is because of taste? Health (clean)? I find very little to no break in time with “Sally’s”. However if I can turn it up yet another notch I will!

thank y’all so much!
    I'd agree with Rossum that the break-in is less pronounced, but IMO it's barely noticeable and I tend to not mind a short break-in. I use Sally's usually. I prefer the convenience.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    Sorry so many questions!

thank y’all so much!
    I gather the Tidi is considered the Mercedes of rayon :D I was able to get Delasco’s rayon medical balls non-sterile but they don’t carry them anymore.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    As a woman, I investigated the tampon but could not use it. IDK it seemed too slippery somehow not to mention like, my mom was a FANTIC about toxic shock syndrome. I mean... You talked about putting ANYTHING up there she'd like tell you horrific stories (later proven untrue.

I did not want to catch toxic vape syndrome and I wouldn't mind trying the Rolls Royce of tampon someday if there were no effort involved but Sally's is like the Mazda of rayon and I'm cool with THAT too. Vape, vape.

Just not the tampons. Someone sent me some. I kept them but not to use. I am a hoarder. You just NEVER know.

Although I should PROBABLY get me the giant box of Sally's to last the rest of my life. I am not miserly with my rayon usage, and by that I mean I could oh, probably get 3 other wicks out of what I star with, etc.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread