Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
For smaller coils like back in the day with 30ga ni200, we used to use the double insertion method for wicking those fragile coils. Split the strand of Rayon in half, twist up the ends, and then thread each end into opposite sides of the mounted coil. Pull both ends through at the same until the coil starts to deform then take a small screwdriver or pick and fix up the spacing on the loops.

Coil.png

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
I've been making my wicks a little long, and only wet the center where I don't touch. Think dip rather than pour. Then cut the dry sections to length after pre-wrapping with wire.

I really like the @TrollDragon's two sided approach for wire less than 28G... Will try that in the morning! Thanks!

Working with dry wicking with your bare hands is one thing Zazie. But I bet the hands to wicking contamination would be greater when wet. It might be better if you wear gloves (latex, vinyl, nitrile, etc) when working with a wet wick.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I now have 4000 large Tidi rayon balls. $53.17 (including tax) on Amazon.

Approximately how many wicks will I get per ball?
I haven't ever really paid attention, but I think I generally get 4-5 per ball. The inner end of the ball is sometimes too scrunched up to use.

FWIW, I bought 1000 large Tidi balls back in almost seven years ago. I gave quite a few samples away, and I'm still not worried about running out in this lifetime. The again, wicks last me a really long time due to my very sparing use of flavorings.

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    I've been using Rayon (Graham) for a few months now. Will hardly buy anything else in the future.
    I have some boxes with iClouds from Australia, thought to go back to normal cotton and see, but, I doubt it will be better than Rayon.

As much cotton as possible through the coil, I usually have to hold the coil so that it does not deform.
    Trim the tails, trying to get a shoulder.

Can maybe try to get a little more cotton down in the juice channel, but am not sure if it will be a good solution.

Attys is the Kayfun Lite's.

All in all I'm very happy with Rayons, wicks like a champ.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Due to my favorite cotton having "vape & wick" all over the packaging I need to find an alternative. I know worse case scenario I can always buy some cotton balls. I am curious about rayon though.

Dumb question, does rayon work well for sub ohm vaping?
    If you decide to give it a try, PM me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread