Status
Not open for further replies.

retrox

Flavor Chaser
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
NC, USA
Looks like there is even one which is ribbed for her pleasure....hahaha.

The only pleasure my girlfriend derives from the Sentinel/Trident is when I allow her to stand in the presence of the glorious plumes of vapor I exhale with it!

She's all about the eGo's and claims "I wouldn't be caught dead in public with that thing."

"Your loss, sweetheart." :laugh:

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
The only pleasure my girlfriend derives from the Sentinel/Trident is when I allow her to stand in the presence of the glorious plumes of vapor I exhale with it!

She's all about the eGo's and claims "I wouldn't be caught dead in public with that thing."

"Your loss, sweetheart." :laugh:

Hahaha...that is funny. :lol:

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
It may have been 26 years ago, and I was probably 24. I was on a job at IIRC, the first NutraSweet plant in Augusta. I was an industrial painter. I happened into Pete's Place after work one evening to find a very pretty German woman who wanted out of the business. I thought, "yeah, right, how much?" She said $2000.00 for use of her beer license till expiration, the coolers, stock, and cash register. The building was rented for $200.00 a month, and I just happened to have the 2 grand... It only lasted about a year, but I had a damn good time while it lasted.. :toast: 2 pool tables, a juke box, and a couple of "money-making" machines" ;) They were owned by a vending company with split proceeds..

Man, I wish I could go back in time... Well... maybe not... :p

Haha, I remember those money making machines. It got really big in SC. Cross the state border turned into little Vegas for a while. But then the state stepped in and decided their cut wasn't big enough and outlawed it. Now instead they created the state Lottery so they can get a much bigger cut. Gotta love the greedy Gov. :glare:

-=J

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Quick question for you ZAP users, what keeps the juice from flowing back out of the fill hole? In the video I did not see him use a plug or anything. Will it leak if turned upside down?

Got one in the cart with extra glass, ceramic wicks and o-ring kit. I have plenty of 28, 30 & 32 gauge kanthol wire already at home. Anything else I should add? Trigger finger is getting itchy...haha.

Thanks,
-=J

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Yes, Genesis-style RBA's can and will leak if not kept upright. That's one of the cons of the design and why they are better suited for home use. You also have to do the "Genny Tilt" occassionally if the wick becomes dry.

It was recommend when I started with an RBA to have a micro torch to oxidize the wick and wire, but that is starting to lose favor nowadays. More for the SS mesh than ceramic wicks. Pulse firing the coil will accomplish that, or a simple Bic lighter will probably work just fine, too.

You might want to find a long blunt tip needle and syringe to add or remove liquid from the tank if you don't already have those. Small selection of drill bits to wrap your coils if using the drill bit method to wrap coils. Those ceramic wicks are pretty fragile and you don't want to waste any by breaking them wrapping the wire around them. Wrap your coil around the proper size drill bit and then slide it over the ceramic wick.

Tiny tipped screwdrivers for the small screws. (I'm assuming the ZAP has screws?)

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I actually have taken my AGAs out of the house before. I kept the juice fill hole screw in, which does negatively affect juice wicking. I always tried to keep my Provari upright, but its pretty difficult to do consistantly. After doing this for a couple of weeks I just went back to my cartotanks where I didn't have to be so OCD about how I transported my Provari.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Oh come on guys, just last night it was the greatest thing in the world. Now you'll are trying to give me second thoughts.....argh. Man now I need a stand for my provari as I always lay it down on the side. Glad I have not hit the button yet.

Tatroe_base.jpg

Tatroe Base End Cap for Provari One of my best investments. RBA's make a Provari top-heavy and prone to tip over.

Hey, just telling it like it is, brotha. As I have said, when they are working optimally, you won't find a better vape experience. But they are finicky and fussy. I'm not the tinkering type. I haven't used my two AGAs in over 3 weeks or so because they both need new coils, maybe new wicks. I know it will take me half hour each to set them up again, and I'm too lazy to do it. (Being on ECF all the time doesn't help.)

Last edited:

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
I have both an AGA-t2 and RSST for my ProVaris. Both look good. Like, bad, I was trying the first before I invested the money in a ZAP. I still prefer carto tanks, but maybe someday I will change my mind.

I have ProRings from Loki Labs, gr-modders and the Cingulum Completo from TrevVarpors. All work well with those RBAs.

I'm thinking about getting these and just want to verify they work with you AGA-T2. Went to the site and saw this: *Not designed for use with AGA-T models or AGI's. They have shorter 510 connections and won't make contact with Pro-Ring in place

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
View attachment 255036

Tatroe Base End Cap for Provari One of my best investments. RBA's make a Provari top-heavy and prone to tip over.

Hey, just telling it like it is, brotha. As I have said, when they are working optimally, you won't find a better vape experience. But they are finicky and fussy. I'm not the tinkering type. I haven't used my two AGAs in over 3 weeks or so because they both need new coils, maybe new wicks. I know it will take me half hour each to set them up again, and I'm too lazy to do it. (Being on ECF all the time doesn't help.)

That is cool and all, is the same as an extended cap? Can't even remember if I have batteries for a standard cap. Though not sure my Provari will like being taken of it's nice Serenity black leather chaps. Maybe I will make a nice wooden holder for it to sit in, or find an old pipe stand. :vapor:

Ok guys, think I am going for it. But just be prepared, if I hate it, I am sending all of you a nasty glaring emoticons...haha :)glare:). Worst case, guess I could get some money back out of it in the buy/sell.

-=J

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
I'm thinking about getting these and just want to verify they work with you AGA-T2. Went to the site and saw this: *Not designed for use with AGA-T models or AGI's. They have shorter 510 connections and won't make contact with Pro-Ring in place

Good catch, mack

RHP

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
That is cool and all, is the same as an extended cap? Can't even remember if I have batteries for a standard cap. Though not sure my Provari will like being taken of it's nice Serenity black leather chaps. Maybe I will make a nice wooden holder for it to sit in, or find an old pipe stand. :vapor:

Ok guys, think I am going for it. But just be prepared, if I hate it, I am sending all of you a nasty glaring emoticons...haha :)glare:). Worst case, guess I could get some money back out of it in the buy/sell.

-=J
Tatroe_base.jpg
The above pic is of the base and one ring attached. If you click the link, it is just the cap shown. So to answer the question, the base works the same as the default cap. The Tatroe base and a ring work the same as an extended cap from Provape.

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Would you believe me if I said, up until this thread, I had thought the Tatroe base Baditude has touted was more show than go. As in, not really practical or useful except to maybe a niche audience? But now I see as a Genny slash provari stand, it really has potential. Aside from looking like a big dart. Joking aside, if I wasn't broke as a joke I'd probably have one by now. I pretty much use one of my 3 'vari as a hybrid nowadays anyways.

Thanks

RHP

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Ok one more plug for the Zap and I'll leave it be. The best things about it from a newbie, which I was am still am, is that it has a video instruction on e product page AND it comes preassembled. Can't steess that enough folks. So atleast anyone of any degree can experience the vape without the learning curve, until the time comes you have to rebuild it.

Shame the others like rsst, agaxxx, etc dont come that way. Their sales would skyrocket.

RHP

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
View attachment 255044
The above pic is of the base and one ring attached. If you click the link, it is just the cap shown. So to answer the question, the base works the same as the default cap. The Tatroe base and a ring work the same as an extended cap from Provape.

Man, another $51 for a little cap and ring. It does amaze me how much we spend on these devices. Can't bring myself to spend anymore right now. Jeez, it might be cheaper to smoke...hahaha. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread