Not open for further replies.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Oh dear. I like them all... So many tanks, so little time left. :cry:

Interesting they are all 22 mm tanks. I kinda like the 23 or 24, frankly, because they tend to be shorter, usually, but I don't know it they vape any better. Any opinions?

I also hate that they never tell you the diameter of the air flow hole under the coil. I"m very much like you--with the traditional round hole, I'm generally happy anywhere between 2 and 2.5 mm. But I have no idea how those fancy oval/sieve-type air holes work. Hmm...

I think I'll wait a bit longer for more reviews before @Jumpin' In... . Sorry, sometimes I just can't help myself. :facepalm:
The original and the clone have different af configurations under the coil. Original looks tighter af wise to me... at least I would *think* it would be

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
There's been a few releases lately in the restricted lung/very very loose MTL category ;)

The MD RTA perked my interest - so definitely report back @Jumpin' In...

A couple of others:

Buy Authentic Fumytech BDvape Precisio MTL Pure RTA 22mm Tank Atomizer
Fumytech put out the gotank RTA a few years ago. It was a 2mm id airflow, so a tad tight, but amazing flavour and bullet proof - no dry hits, no gurgles, no leaking. This newest RTA has a similar deck :thumb:

sxk-bastd-style-mtl-dtl-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer-silver-316-stainless-steel-35ml-22mm-diameter.jpg

Buy SXK Bastd Style MTL / DTL RTA Silver 316SS 22mm Tank Atomizer
sxk-bastd-style-mtl-dtl-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer-silver-316-stainless-steel-35ml-22mm-diameter.jpg

This is made by the same company Animodz that brought out my beloved doggy RTAs. The deck is very similar to the 2k16 version, but it has an enclosed juice well. It's top fill, NO JFC :D and has a BF RDA conversion kit - I want it :wub:

Hi Ange - I just won the Precisio, and I'm waiting to receive. So you don't have it, and haven't tried it, right?

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I hope to grunt a reply soon.
    But wait - Guinea pigs don't grunt. Do they even make sounds?

edit: And do I capitalize Guinea and pig?

It's your Title, you can do whatever you like with it ;)

and they squeek :D

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    Just ordered the Hellvape MD RTA from FastTech on a weekend special for $22.55 with MAP code. Was going to order the Hastur regular (not MTL) too, but it is cheaper at 3F so I held off. Will let you guys know what I think after I play with it a bit.

I don't like bubble tanks, so the Hastur may be better at 3.5 ml. I'll probably order one before the hammer drops.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Just ordered the Hellvape MD RTA from FastTech on a weekend special for $22.55 with MAP code. Was going to order the Hastur regular (not MTL) too, but it is cheaper at 3F so I held off. Will let you guys know what I think after I play with it a bit.
    I’m interested in what you think. I’ve been on the fence about adding any more RTAs. My focus has been on adding RDAs for the squonk mods

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    I’m interested in what you think. I’ve been on the fence about adding any more RTAs. My focus has been on adding RDAs for the squonk mods
    FWIW, I've been happy with both the Vapefly Galaxies MTL Squonk RDTA and the SXK Haku Venna clone - both for restricted DL on my squonk mods. The Le Concorde clone is great for MTL/RDL flavor, but is quite easy to over-squonk. The NarDA is great for flavor too, but is a little humbug to build because of the screw positions. Didn't want to try the NarCA or NarEA 'cuz I'm not a fan of RDAs that don't have a lip on the base for the cap to sit on. I often remove the top caps and my RDAs and I find the ones with lips on the bases are a little easier to keep wiped down.

Just my 2 cents...

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    FWIW, I've been happy with both the Vapefly Galaxies MTL Squonk RDTA and the SXK Haku Venna clone - both for restricted DL on my squonk mods. The Le Concorde clone is great for MTL/RDL flavor, but is quite easy to over-squonk. The NarDA is great for flavor too, but is a little humbug to build because of the screw positions. Didn't want to try the NarCA or NarEA 'cuz I'm not a fan of RDAs that don't have a lip on the base for the cap to sit on. I often remove the top caps and my RDAs and I find the ones with lips on the bases are a little easier to keep wiped down.

Just my 2 cents...

What about the NarTa?
    Very nice RDTA;)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans

Just my 2 cents...
    I’m still in the madly in love honeymoon phase with the gas mods g.r.1 rda. Perfect for Goldilocks vapers like us!
    I was going to post the link to eliquids.com. They had them for $7, free shipping from Cali. I MAY have bought them all :oops: as they are now sold out. Worth buying if you see them for $20 or less (shoot, I would have paid the retail of $50, I would just have a whole lot less of them)

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    FWIW, I've been happy with both the Vapefly Galaxies MTL Squonk RDTA
    I'm very interested in that myself. I like very loose MTL and restricted DL... how would you describe the airflow?
    I do have two Silverplay RTAs... very versatile! They have different airflow inserts. One is setup for loose MTL, the other for restricted DL. They are a bit tricky but very affordable.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    I'm very interested in that myself. I like very loose MTL and restricted DL... how would you describe the airflow?
    I do have two Silverplay RTAs... very versatile! They have different airflow inserts. One is setup for loose MTL, the other for restricted DL. They are a bit tricky but very affordable.

You will get a restricted DL from the the Galaxies RDTA Not a problem at all.
    That's my type of vaping style as well, that's why I bought another one;)
    You should already have one tooo_O

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Well just noticed the Silverplay has been mentioned several times. One reviewer even left the airflow insert out for max airlfow, but even with the larger holes/slots insert it's more flow than I would ever need.
    Anyone tried the Hellvape Rebirth? Good deal right now:
    Hellvape Rebirth 25mm RTA

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Well just noticed the Silverplay has been mentioned several times. One reviewer even left the airflow insert out for max airlfow, but even with the larger holes/slots insert it's more flow than I would ever need.
    Anyone tried the Hellvape Rebirth? Good deal right now:
    Hellvape Rebirth 25mm RTA

Good luck with getting a restricted lung hit from the Rebirth:shock:

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2013
    Texas
    Wanted to jump in on the Silverplay. Surprised — and really pleased — with the Silverplay 24mm. It has great airflow and fantastic flavor. Certainly a winner for the vapocalypse stash; have added two more. There's really little to dislike other it's small 2ml capacity (and inability to squonk). Has anybody found bubble glass or alternative? Wrote VaporDna but no useful response. Ordered some bubble glass that might fit. Would love to know if anybody has found a way to boost juice capacity. Thanks

Last edited:
    Reactions: AngeNZ

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Wanted to jump in on the Silverplay. Surprised — and really pleased — with the Silverplay 24mm. It has great airflow and fantastic flavor. Certainly a winner for the vapocalypse stash; have added two more. There's really little to dislike other it's small 2ml capacity (and inability to squonk). Has anybody found bubble glass or alternative? Wrote VaporDna but no useful response. Ordered some bubble glass that might fit. Would love to know if anybody has found a way to boost juice capacity. Thanks
    Let me know if you find any shape alternative glass. I have @10 Silverplays.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread