Serpent RTA by WOTOFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Hey guys n gals. I'm looking for a good single coil tank and the Serpent seems to be a good option. I have a few questions though, so I apologize in advance by interrupting your build posts.

How do you go about cleaning the tank?
How is the air flow? I haven't had much experience and the only comparison guideline I can use is the Aromamizer RDTA and Griffin rta. I currently have and do like the air flow on these.

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
A good soak in some hot soapy water and thorough rinsing. Alcohol and a qtip for stubborn hard to reach areas like the chimney and air tube. As for air flow. I don't have experience with the tanks you mentioned but I find the airflow to be more than adequate for me. I don't believe I've seen another RTA with a larger diameter air hole in the base than the serpent and that's generally the choke point on most tanks. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
How is the air flow? I haven't had much experience and the only comparison guideline I can use is the Aromamizer RDTA and Griffin RTA. I currently have and do like the air flow on these.
As both the glass and chimney seem to be pressfit and there's no way you can disassemble them, cleaning can be tough. Using very hot water and perhaps some soap seems to be the only way. I'm a bit hesitant to use alcohol as i'm afraid it will dry out the hidden o-rings that i suspect are in there, in some magical places we humans are not aware of.

The Serpent airflow compared to the Griffin is like trying to breathe through a 4" ID tube compared to breathing through a straw.

Reactions: KayP

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
As both the glass and chimney seem to be pressfit and there's no way you can disassemble them, cleaning can be tough. Using very hot water and perhaps some soap seems to be the only way. I'm a bit hesitant to use alcohol as i'm afraid it will dry out the hidden o-rings that i suspect are in there, in some magical places we humans are not aware of.
Thanks. I then hope Wotofo has a good reputation in cleaning their products as I like soak my brand new vape gear in Vodka. Nevermind. When there's a will, there's a way.
The Serpent airflow compared to the Griffin is like trying to breathe through a 4" ID tube compared to breathing through a straw.
Sorry which is the ID tube and which is the straw? Hehe

Landman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2015
Central AR
I run all my Aromamizers with two holes plugged. The Serpent is less restricted than that... it's closer to around 3 open air holes on a 'mizer; this guesstimate made from the 'mizer with a pair of 2.9 mm coils and the snake with a 3.2 mm coil.

I've never once thought 'Man, I wish this snake had some more air flow.'

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
I run all my Aromamizers with two holes plugged. The Serpent is less restricted than that... it's closer to around 3 open air holes on a 'mizer; this guesstimate made from the 'mizer with a pair of 2.9 mm coils and the snake with a 3.2 mm coil.

I've never once thought 'Man, I wish this snake had some more air flow.'
LOL Thanks man. I had to read it a few times to understand it :p

Reactions: Landman

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Hey guys n gals. I'm looking for a good single coil tank and the Serpent seems to be a good option. I have a few questions though, so I apologize in advance by interrupting your build posts.

How is the air flow? I haven't had much experience and the only comparison guideline I can use is the Aromamizer RDTA and Griffin RTA. I currently have and do like the air flow on these.
I have the Serpent, Bellus, Crius & the Griffin. My preference is also in that order. Seems with the Griffin if I put Claptons in it, it takes a lot more wattage to ramp up but once ramped up its ok. I've tried SS316L also & it's ok. But between the Serpent & the Griffin I love the Serpent, but didn't think I would, was hesitant to buy but it was $22 ish delivered so I thought why not try? Ironically it was the cheapest but my favorite. Hope this helps.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Well I can get one for USD$19.42, so I think I'll pull the trigger. From what I gather the Serpent may have bigger air flow than the Aromamizer, but I'll be able to close it off slightly. I hope my assumption is correct.

I have the Serpent, Bellus, Crius & the Griffin. My preference is also in that order. Seems with the Griffin if I put Claptons in it, it takes a lot more wattage to ramp up but once ramped up its ok. I've tried SS316L also & it's ok. But between the Serpent & the Griffin I love the Serpent, but didn't think I would, was hesitant to buy but it was $22 ish delivered so I thought why not try? Ironically it was the cheapest but my favorite. Hope this helps.

Where are you guys finding the Serpent so cheap? Please don't say FT. :cry:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I was looking @ FT. Did you have a bad experience with them? This is my 1st time dealing with them.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yep. I have several tickets for things I had problems with not to mention their lack of QC and the very long wait for the slow boat. :( I have no patience for waiting for vape gear and I'd rather do business with a USA vendor. I don't have any problems with others using FT, they are just not for me. ;)

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I was looking @ FT. Did you have a bad experience with them? This is my 1st time dealing with them.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Just don't be in a hurry if you order from FT. Generally takes minimum 30 days to arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Reactions: KayP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread