• Agree
Reactions: DeloresRose

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Did any of the manufacturers ever have the idea to make tanks out of the same plastic as the flavor bottles are? One would think that's an obvious choice... :confused:
HDPE would have to be pretty thick to get any kind of rigidity a tank would require and the threads would be huge in order to be viable.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Same width and depth as a dual 1860 plastic case.
18650-battery-box-battery-storage-case-plastic.jpg

Roughly 1/2" taller than said case.

I have carried mine to work every day for roughly 2 weeks, since I got it, and no scratches, I'm not gentile with my mods.

Smallest and lightest dual 1860 mod I own, or I have seen.
Just get one, you'll love it.
Also battery life is fantastic.
I was hesitant because the battery life on the Coolfire 18650 is terrible, and the Oceanus, while not terrible, isn't great.
I go two plus days between charges, and I use the Samsung 30Q batteries (pink) or Sony VTC5a (green)

Man, why does it have to be so easy to get in trouble?

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Did any of the manufacturers ever have the idea to make tanks out of the same plastic as the flavor bottles are? One would think that's an obvious choice... :confused:
Except they’re flexible. The issue perhaps came when juice flavors started expanding and flavors with esters came on the market. The problem is the companies that make tanks don’t care. It breaks, you buy a new one. Ten years ago, a new $5 clearomizer wasn’t a big deal, today my fab new $50 tank cracks and I’m :censored:.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Except they’re flexible. The issue perhaps came when juice flavors started expanding and flavors with esters came on the market. The problem is the companies that make tanks don’t care. It breaks, you buy a new one. Ten years ago, a new $5 clearomizer wasn’t a big deal, today my fab new $50 tank cracks and I’m :censored:.

The only time I had a tank crack was, of course, a store bought liquid that didn't seem to have a tank cracker ingredient in it but did, and it ate my polycarbonate tank on a $99 Russian 91%.
It couldn't take out one of my cheapies. :(

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Doesn't the doggy have a particular shape? Thought it had threads at the top so not like a straight cylinder? Or are those multiple parts?
I’ll find out tomorrow. It just seems like you can order replacement glass for most every tank out there. Seems like there would be one for this tank. I got a sleeve of 5 for the boy’s cleito off ebay

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
OK this will be the last coil picture for a while. I decided to let common sense rule. I swapped the ridiculous coils out for a dual set of these. I love this wire combo. It works really well. The Clapceptions are a wee bit too much.
View attachment 744079
Perfect!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
After yoga plus cleaning the kitchen sobered me.

I don't think I need to be setting up a mechanical squonker for the first time as my mom shows up. She's too disorganizing. LOL. Plus I filled all my setups and was like "Um, that took a LONG time."

Refilling the doggy felt like an accomplishment. So, no $29 squonk kit for me. It's fantastic really,I should just try to buy a squonker every day, and fail. Because, I would spend ZERO dollars every day.

Black Mirror is so British creepy, man. I remember my parents finally caving and letting me watch Dr, Who when I was five. Oddly terrifying.

Anna

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Mel - According to the doggy thread you can get replacement tanks, but none in glass for the sxk
Ty. I saw the plastic from China. Mine was so cheap, I’ll throw it away if it breaks. I ordered the sxk just to see if the tank was something I would like.

Last edited:

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Lol, found this on facebook. He doesn't come over to "home" but this is where I work and what I do all day. Literally walks around our area. Guess we smelled that day.
May or may not show.
Crutchfield

Users who are viewing this thread