Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by jfcooley, Dec 2, 2017.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
That wouldn't have anything to do with "Liquid Courage", would it?
@englishmick Dragon Ball is beautiful. I think you could consider it a decor investment that is also useful.
Nope, just tiredness and a weak willpower.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was in Columbus, OH yesterday and found a Vape Shop while en route. Made a stop with my SO (she doesn't get the technology of my vaping, but recognizes certain mods "look kewl") Was hoping to score a rainbow Minikin 2, but there was an iJoy Captain - got an early Chrithmuth prezzy I'd been looking at these for a long time, but never pulled the trigger. Really didn't "NEED" it, but there was a bit of "lust" for it. 'Tis now in my hot little hands, thanks to Santa's Elf.
Other than this, I really don't see anything that's piquing my interest. So, I'm able to exert a fair amount of willpower and not buy things.
IF you need a replacement- not shinyitis
and IF you are getting a back up- not shinyitis
if something about your equipment is keeping you on the verge ofanalogs - not shinyitits
However if several of the vendors have your private phone number as well as email addy then YOU are suffering from Shinyitis
Yep, describes me.
I think we also need a Juice Flavor ADD group. I am not real picky with my juices, therefore a lot of juices sound good to me. I know I should probably DIY, but there are already so many good juices out there and some of the brands are really cheap now. It still adds up though. Watching you tube reviews doesn't help either. They like everything!
I want a red SX mini Q class.....Ive been vaping for 2 months and have 3 mods already...well 1, the other 2 are en route.
I am the opposite with juices. So picky that I dread having to try out new ones. Found a few that I like and stick with them.
This seems to be my problem too. Late night orders because I'm tired and not thinking straight. I plan on unpacking my dedicated vape chest of drawers this weekend in order to re-organize it and make room for more stuff already on route. I need a count of what I've got so I can get a grip here!
I don't suffer from shinyitis! I have a phobia! I thin k it is called Ugotsomebad....!
I buy something that looks nice to me, works well, and all is good. Then I read posts proclaiming products and even brands to be complete failures, that they will never last, that just considering such a purchase is justification for institutionalization. "Bring in the wagon, Charlie!" Some proclamations even border on relentless, even appearing in unrelated discussions, that if you listen closely enough while reading them, you can almost hear the "bwahaha" emanating from the screen.
So, thanks to Ugotsomebad...., I buy, then buy some more so when all that junk I bought breaks or fails, I will still have something to fall back on while perusing the interwebs to replenish my stock. Surprisingly, every single item I have purchased in almost 3 1/2 years is still working and looking like new! But I know, based on my research that I am on borrowed time, that most of my stuff is destined for failure.......and most likely, soon!
No worries! I am prepared for doomsday! I'm a prepper! Wouldn't you like to be a prepper too?
With shinyitis at least you still have it and can use it as needed. With cigs you only ended up with expensive smelly ashes.
1. We admitted we were powerless over shiny things and our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives to the care of the God of Nicotine, as we understood him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our vape equipment.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact number of our vape purchases.
6. Were entirely ready to have the God of Nicotine remove any defects in purchasing.
7. Humbly asked the God of Nicotine to remove our shinyitis shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons our excessive purchases of vape gear has harmed
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure our vaping or that of others.
1o. Continued to take vape shinyitis inventory and when we had wrongly purchased, promptly admitted and cancelled it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with the God of Nicotine as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for our vape and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other shinyitis sufferers, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Hmm... those were from memory, but I think I got most of it right...
My brain hurts...
And with that we have a montra now thanks Stols001
Enroute to me, right, since I won????
My only vape god is my wallet and she's easy.
Was talking to a friend this morning - her Son-in-Law is a multi-pack a day smoker (and her daughter has serious health issues) I can't begin to imagine how much money this dude spends (and he won't try to quit) - I am WAY ahead on what I've spent on vape gear vs. what I used to spend on smokes. So, I don't feel (too) guilty if I indulge in something "fun"
I wish that I found this group about two weeks ago, maybe you people could have talked me into not buying all the gear and DIY stuff that I ordered, but then again, I wouldn't have all my new "shiny's"
Separate names with a comma.