The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Shinyitis Support Group

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by jfcooley, Dec 2, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DingerCPA

DingerCPA Vaping Mistress Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    That wouldn't have anything to do with "Liquid Courage", would it? :D

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    @englishmick Dragon Ball is beautiful. I think you could consider it a decor investment that is also useful.:D

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Jingles

Jingles Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Nope, just tiredness and a weak willpower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DingerCPA

Supporting member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    I was in Columbus, OH yesterday and found a Vape Shop while en route. Made a stop with my SO (she doesn't get the technology of my vaping, but recognizes certain mods "look kewl") Was hoping to score a rainbow Minikin 2, but there was an iJoy Captain - got an early Chrithmuth prezzy :wub: I'd been looking at these for a long time, but never pulled the trigger. Really didn't "NEED" it, but there was a bit of "lust" for it. 'Tis now in my hot little hands, thanks to Santa's Elf.

Other than this, I really don't see anything that's piquing my interest. So, I'm able to exert a fair amount of willpower and not buy things.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. KC0YNU

KC0YNU Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2013
    McPherson, Kansas
    OK, my:2c:.
    IF you need a replacement- not shinyitis
    and IF you are getting a back up- not shinyitis
    if something about your equipment is keeping you:danger: on the verge of:smokie:analogs - not shinyitits

However if several of the vendors have your private phone number as well as email addy then:shock::img: YOU are suffering from Shinyitis :img:

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Obi Wan Vapori

Obi Wan Vapori Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 4, 2013
    Saco,ME,USA
    Yep, describes me.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Jingles

Jingles Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 18, 2011
    Ohio
    I think we also need a Juice Flavor ADD group. I am not real picky with my juices, therefore a lot of juices sound good to me. I know I should probably DIY, but there are already so many good juices out there and some of the brands are really cheap now. It still adds up though. Watching you tube reviews doesn't help either. They like everything!

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dropmyload

Dropmyload Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2017
    I want a red SX mini Q class.....Ive been vaping for 2 months and have 3 mods already...well 1, the other 2 are en route.

Help me.

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Obi Wan Vapori

Sep 4, 2013
    Saco,ME,USA
    I am the opposite with juices. So picky that I dread having to try out new ones. Found a few that I like and stick with them.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme Ultra Member ECF Veteran

This seems to be my problem too. Late night orders because I'm tired and not thinking straight. I plan on unpacking my dedicated vape chest of drawers this weekend in order to re-organize it and make room for more stuff already on route. I need a count of what I've got so I can get a grip here! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    I don't suffer from shinyitis! I have a phobia! I thin k it is called Ugotsomebad....!

I buy something that looks nice to me, works well, and all is good. Then I read posts proclaiming products and even brands to be complete failures, that they will never last, that just considering such a purchase is justification for institutionalization. "Bring in the wagon, Charlie!" Some proclamations even border on relentless, even appearing in unrelated discussions, that if you listen closely enough while reading them, you can almost hear the "bwahaha" emanating from the screen.

So, thanks to Ugotsomebad...., I buy, then buy some more so when all that junk I bought breaks or fails, I will still have something to fall back on while perusing the interwebs to replenish my stock. Surprisingly, every single item I have purchased in almost 3 1/2 years is still working and looking like new! But I know, based on my research that I am on borrowed time, that most of my stuff is destined for failure.......and most likely, soon!

No worries! I am prepared for doomsday! I'm a prepper! Wouldn't you like to be a prepper too?

• Funny x 9
    • Agree x 6
    • Like x 5
    • Winner x 1
    • Love x 1
  12. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    With shinyitis at least you still have it and can use it as needed. With cigs you only ended up with expensive smelly ashes.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
  13. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    This thread.... :lol:

1. We admitted we were powerless over shiny things and our lives had become unmanageable.
    2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity
    3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives to the care of the God of Nicotine, as we understood him.
    4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our vape equipment.
    5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact number of our vape purchases.
    6. Were entirely ready to have the God of Nicotine remove any defects in purchasing.
    7. Humbly asked the God of Nicotine to remove our shinyitis shortcomings.
    8. Made a list of all persons our excessive purchases of vape gear has harmed
    9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure our vaping or that of others.
    1o. Continued to take vape shinyitis inventory and when we had wrongly purchased, promptly admitted and cancelled it.
    11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with the God of Nicotine as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for our vape and the power to carry that out.
    12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other shinyitis sufferers, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

Hmm... those were from memory, but I think I got most of it right... :)

Anna

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Obi Wan Vapori

Sep 4, 2013
    Saco,ME,USA
    My brain hurts...

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. KC0YNU

KC0YNU Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2013
    McPherson, Kansas
    And with that we have a montra now thanks Stols001

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. DingerCPA

Supporting member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  17. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Enroute to me, right, since I won????:lol::lol:

Anna

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    My only vape god is my wallet and she's easy.:lol:

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 3
  19. DingerCPA

Supporting member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    Was talking to a friend this morning - her Son-in-Law is a multi-pack a day smoker (and her daughter has serious health issues) I can't begin to imagine how much money this dude spends (and he won't try to quit) - I am WAY ahead on what I've spent on vape gear vs. what I used to spend on smokes. So, I don't feel (too) guilty if I indulge in something "fun"

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. whodat2112

whodat2112 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

I wish that I found this group about two weeks ago, maybe you people could have talked me into not buying all the gear and DIY stuff that I ordered, but then again, I wouldn't have all my new "shiny's" :D:D

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1