The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Shinyitis Support Group

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by jfcooley, Dec 2, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jfcooley

jfcooley I find your lack of faith disturbing... Verified Member ECF Veteran

I often have GAS, but I have several known cures. Often involves clearing a room quickly.

Sometimes even makes me leave...

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Obi Wan Vapori

Obi Wan Vapori Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 4, 2013
    Saco,ME,USA
    Beans, beans the magical fruit. The more you eat the more you toot. The more you toot the better you feel and then your ready for another bean meal.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Don't sweat the shiny bug. at $10 bucks plus a pack for cigs. a pack and a half smoker would would have to spend $450 a month to equal that. Some may but most don't.

I know even buying stuff, I am far ahead of the cost curve vs smoking. I go thru about $20 worth of DIY juice a month and maybe 50 cents worth of rayon wick and ss wire. That leaves a lot of room for on the whim purchases.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 6
  4. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Same here. I have lots of backups because I assume lots of stuff is going to die soon.
    Absolutely!
    Me too.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dropmyload

Dropmyload Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2017
    I signed up for vape box last night. Oh boy.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. jfcooley

Maintenance items and backups don't count?
    So basically the first setup is all that counts?

Methinks one has found a way around shinyitis into dark denial hallways...

Which, is fine with me. Let me hold the door :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Obi Wan Vapori

Sep 4, 2013
    Saco,ME,USA
    Went to the company Christmas party last night. This is my tenth year with the company. They gave me a 100.00 gift card.

Think I'm about to succumb.

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. jfcooley

$100!
    Man sure could do a lot of good with that.
    (Assuming you'd like to be talked off the ledge)

$100!
    That'd get a new sqonk, new mech or a new regulated. Sure are a few nice shiny new attys out there too. Oh, and the wire/wick combos are amazingly cheap this time of year.
    (Assuming you're looking to be supported)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Obi Wan Vapori

Sep 4, 2013
    Saco,ME,USA
    I have been looking at the Hedron but it would come with a bunch of hassle. It's a three battery Mod so I would have to get a bigger charger. Another battery to set up a married set, I only have two spares that I have never used. And.... another tank. Thing is I need it like I need seven holes bored in my head.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. 90VG

90VG Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2016
    5000' in Nevada
    I do well on the disorder as far as vape stuff goes, but I fail miserably when it comes to the bicycle stuff. It just bought a new headlight for it, 750 lumens.
    [​IMG]

Look at that, in a backyard. It's really small too.

• Like Like x 9
  11. 90VG

Jan 19, 2016
    5000' in Nevada
    And the light itself, imagine the watts you could vape from that thing. Too bad it doesn't have a back up 510 connection.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Obi Wan Vapori

Sep 4, 2013
    Saco,ME,USA
    Have a friend that was into biking years ago. He had mountain bikes, road bikes, recumbent bikes, you name it. Was always out riding. Today his back is so messed up he can barely work and can't do much of anything. I left those days back in my teens and don't regret it. But, to each their own.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    Bikes?
    Me - two road bikes, two mountain bikes
    Son - two mountain bikes
    Wife - two girls bikes
    Pending - a mountain bike for a friend and an old Schwinn speedster found in the trash
    Legacy - Schwinn Deluxe Stingray, three speed stick shift. Belonged to my now passed brother in law and my wife is sentimental.
    Indoors - Schwinn Airdyne

Glad I thinned the herd recently...

• Like Like x 7
  14. 90VG

Jan 19, 2016
    5000' in Nevada
    I have a bad back from an injury, and yes sometimes riding makes it hurt. There are tricks though.

With a MTB, get a bike stem that rises up (so you aren't bent over). You don't need to be aero to exercise. Ride with no hands, sitting up properly. Things like that make a huge difference.

I don't use my road bike, kills my back. I like to load up all the tools for almost any repair, 3 liters of water, survival knife, hatchet, (firearm, depending on where I am) everything and climb hills on my mountain bike. That way I'm a total combined weight of nearly 300 lbs going up a 6% grade. It's steep enough to make you work, brutal enough to keep it short and when I get back home my back doesn't hurt at all.

Taking a break from the grind and sitting up, no hands and vaping while riding is good for the back. I can't vape if it's just me alone since I run about 80% FTP. Riding with others (much slower pace), I choo-choo train it.

Tl;Dr; Just ride with no hands and sit up.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  15. 90VG

Jan 19, 2016
    5000' in Nevada
    *Humor*

Where do you park your bikes locked up @440BB ?

[​IMG]

*Humor*

Yeah, I have one of those. It's for construction, not snagging bikes. Although all I've ever used it for was cutting locks when someone lost their keys. I need a 510 connector for that battery too.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Are flavorings exempt? Checking the rules...yes exempt. Here I come BCF.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. KC0YNU

KC0YNU Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2013
    McPherson, Kansas
    :rolleyes: I think @stols001 just had a Shinyitis attack :eek:

• Like Like x 4
  18. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    If you mean I purchased some e-liquid, well, it's exempt (and was inexpensive). I haven't purchased anything else since this thread started, LOL. Making it easier, I won a gift certificate for DIY flavorings YESSSSS... and a mod, which will probably end up in the husband's hands. I also got the WTA partially for him....

I was checking out mods earlier but I managed to restrain myself.... :) As the person who requested this thread (thanks JFC) I would be managing very poorly if I couldn't keep to it for EVEN one day :lol::lol::lol:. Everything that has arrived was purchased long ago... :)

Anna

ETA: @KC0YNU (nice use of the 0 numeral there) to what are you referring? Did I buy something in my sleep???? (I never rule out the possibility)

• Like Like x 6
  19. Jingles

Jingles Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 18, 2011
    Ohio
    I bought nothing vape related yesterday. Will try to stay strong today, but will be having brunch right next door to a vape store. Must not go in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    You can DO it Jingles.... Vape stores aren't going anywhere... yet, and hopefully not for a long time. You do not need to even enter the jungle of self-restraint :lol::lol:.

Anna

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1