Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
48084097_2088452917907628_6278398990182514688_n.jpg

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I have some BIG shiny to share, I hope i'm not going off topic.
In Argentina when buying a new car, first you pay, then once a month a lucky individual gets the car. This sort of prepaid plan lasts about 6 years or so. It's the south american way of a car loan.
I started paying two years ago since my own Ecosport was getting old and finnicky. Early days of December I got drawn up and told that my car would be ready for pickup early in February. So I made all the arrangements. But last monday the dealer called and said "Hey, we can deliver this week. Do you want to pick it up?" I said "Hell, yesss" and ran out the door to make the necessary paperwork. Part of the deal is that I turn in my Ecosport and drive away with the new one. Tomorrow is the day, and I'm literally dying... Literally!
I'm getting the SA version of the Jeep Renegade (nothing like the US version really, it's a Fiat in Jeep's clothing!)

upload_2018-12-12_11-21-49.png

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
haha. Don't I know it. The rabbit hole for fine bags and shoes is bottomless. vape gear not so much.
You can cut short the rabbit hole getting the SXK version that works like a charm and has the same dna 60 inside...

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
In Argentina when buying a new car, first you pay, then once a month a lucky individual gets the car. This sort of prepaid plan lasts about 6 years or so. It's the south american way of a car loan.
I started paying two years ago since my own Ecosport was getting old and finnicky. Early days of December I got drawn up and told that my car would be ready for pickup early in February. So I made all the arrangements. But last monday the dealer called and said "Hey, we can deliver this week. Do you want to pick it up?" I said "Hell, yesss" and ran out the door to make the necessary paperwork. Part of the deal is that I turn in my Ecosport and drive away with the new one. Tomorrow is the day, and I'm literally dying... Literally!
I'm getting the SA version of the Jeep Renegade (nothing like the US version really, it's a Fiat in Jeep's clothing!)

View attachment 785551
Congratulations!

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015

View attachment 785551
Congratulations on the biggest shiny!

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
In Argentina one person gets a car a month??
The plan is basically 60 people that pay their share equivalent to a car a month. That is "raffled" among the participants, gets the car, and so on the rest of the plan. At the end of the 60 months everybody gets their car. You can get it faster putting money forward or your car, and that gives you more chances. Those are called Savings Plans (you don't save a thing) but it's much easier to get than a loan, specially if you're self employed.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Couple shiny updates, not vape related but at this time of year the shinyitis gets extended.

I'm cooking tonight, going to be roasting a chicken. Picked up a lot of cheese for poutine!

ntEMUBp.jpg

Also think I finished most of the shopping for baby doll. So far I got her some perfume, a cheap necklace/earring thing to see if she would actually be comfortable wearing a necklace, some diamond earrings from the store I got the engagement ring from, and some socks. I'm just missing something fun/whimsical as a last piece. Not sure what to get, but I think i'll need to find it soon.

LmcIcgh.jpg

Finished my cousin too, waiting for it to be delivered. She's a chemist so I got her a wine glass with ethanol molecules on it; also a Swell bottle, which she asked for; and a gift card so she can get a bottle of wine. I don't really drink, so i'm not really sure what she would like.

Mother in law also done, we got her some diamond earrings and necklace with her birthstone set in there as well. We also sent her some money last week since she's recently separated and having a hard time making ends meet.

As a final for the MIL and baby doll, i'm thinking about booking them an appointment at my favourite salon so they can both get their hair and nails did. She lives 4,000 km away so it's rare they get to spend time together. Last time she visited her dad was here too, so their alone time was very short.

If I don't do that, I might get baby doll this watch. I've had it in my wish list for a year or so and I really really like it.

71ulOuN2kZL._UX679_.jpg

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Couple shiny updates, not vape related but at this time of year the shinyitis gets extended.

I'm cooking tonight, going to be roasting a chicken. Picked up a lot of cheese for poutine!

ntEMUBp.jpg

Also think I finished most of the shopping for baby doll. So far I got her some perfume, a cheap necklace/earring thing to see if she would actually be comfortable wearing a necklace, some diamond earrings from the store I got the engagement ring from, and some socks. I'm just missing something fun/whimsical as a last piece. Not sure what to get, but I think i'll need to find it soon.

LmcIcgh.jpg

Finished my cousin too, waiting for it to be delivered. She's a chemist so I got her a wine glass with ethanol molecules on it; also a Swell bottle, which she asked for; and a gift card so she can get a bottle of wine. I don't really drink, so i'm not really sure what she would like.

Mother in law also done, we got her some diamond earrings and necklace with her birthstone set in there as well. We also sent her some money last week since she's recently separated and having a hard time making ends meet.

As a final for the MIL and baby doll, i'm thinking about booking them an appointment at my favourite salon so they can both get their hair and nails did. She lives 4,000 km away so it's rare they get to spend time together. Last time she visited her dad was here too, so their alone time was very short.

If I don't do that, I might get baby doll this watch. I've had it in my wish list for a year or so and I really really like it.

View attachment 785557
Hot damn! Baby doll is one lucky girl!

Sickbxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
Spring, Texas

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Hot damn! Baby doll is one lucky girl!

No, i'm definitely the lucky one.

The hair salons are going to be super busy, so i'm going to organize a brunch or fancy pasta thing the weekend right after Christmas for them I think. I've enlisted help from a foodie at work. They'll be able to go shopping and whatnot after and i'll be able to hang out in my underwear so it works perfectly.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina

ntEMUBp.jpg

LmcIcgh.jpg

View attachment 785557
I love watches. Used to collect back 20 years ago, but as of late and thanks to several situations, I'm going watchless. The less you show, the safer you are. Still I kept some beloved ones that are not so much expensive but more on the emotional side.
Check out the moon phase ones. There are some that are extremely gorgeous...
That cheese would last less than a week here!

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I love watches. Used to collect back 20 years ago, but as of late and thanks to several situations, I'm going watchless. The less you show, the safer you are. Still I kept some beloved ones that are not so much expensive but more on the emotional side.
Check out the moon phase ones. There are some that are extremely gorgeous...
That cheese would last less than a week here!

I sort of collect watches.

When I was young my dad would buy me a watch for every event (first day of school, catholic confirmation, first day of highschool, etc)

When I got older I carried this on. First job, first raise, first bonus, when I bought my first house, bought my first car. Babydoll almost made me cry, she got me one for our first Christmas together.

I don't really collect them because I wear them every day. I don't own those insane collector pieces, but I find the $200-400 to be the perfect balance between price and quality. Lower than that and i've had them fall apart, more than that and I don't want to wear it.

When we have kids I want to continue that tradition. In my night table I have a drawer for my watches and it's cool to open it and look back and see each milestone.

Part of the reason why I like the one I posted so much is because it's the female counterpart, kind of, to the one she got me for our first christmas:

NBoxBCN.jpg

... yes that's a foot and the battery needs to be changed

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
The Vapeshell is great. The clone works just as well, although fit and finish are a little raw, and being so small it shows. I'd rather use the Kanger RBA. But if you can afford the Vapeshell, go for it!

I think the bonus with the vapeshell too is that in the world of bridges, it's pretty affordable. Here it sells for just over $100 CAD. The other popular bridges are in the $200 CAD+ range.

I'm excited for the odis boxer. Turns the BB into an RDTA. It leaks like crazy but he's working on a gasket fix. People have hot fixed it using plumber's tape:

unspecified-2_1024x1024@2x.jpeg

MG_3450_1024x1024@2x.jpg

I think the problem is at the top where the coil sits. There's no black oring and because it's an RDTA, the eliquid can seep out.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I sort of collect watches.

When I was young my dad would buy me a watch for every event (first day of school, catholic confirmation, first day of highschool, etc)

When I got older I carried this on. First job, first raise, first bonus, when I bought my first house, bought my first car. Babydoll almost made me cry, she got me one for our first Christmas together.

I don't really collect them because I wear them every day. I don't own those insane collector pieces, but I find the $200-400 to be the perfect balance between price and quality. Lower than that and i've had them fall apart, more than that and I don't want to wear it.

When we have kids I want to continue that tradition. In my night table I have a drawer for my watches and it's cool to open it and look back and see each milestone.

Part of the reason why I like the one I posted so much is because it's the female counterpart, kind of, to the one she got me for our first christmas:

NBoxBCN.jpg

... yes that's a foot and the battery needs to be changed
We're partial to Citizen here. I love my Eco Drive and have had many over the years. Being relatively unexpensive, it's great as a daily driver.
But as I said before, snatching in the street is a reality. In a big city like Baires I mostly travel by train or subway. And any watch on your wrist is clearly an instigation to robbery. I wear them less and less, and been selling many over the years.
I kept the Rolex Oyster Perpetual my parents gave me as a graduation present. I wore it 3 times last year, just for parties, and I travelled with it in a pocket. A big shame

Users who are viewing this thread