Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I will have a Windows machine... The Razer will be here in a few months. For the moment the Mac does the programming trick. But yes, I still help with Mac related stuff quite often.

Supporting Mac would require use of a Mac. Was just having a little fun. We are long past popular software that was developed specifically for a certain OS that plagued the industry years ago.

What Razer you order? My mobile computing needs do not require anything high end or really powerful. I have a purpose build desktop for that, although it is starting to get a little old in the tooth. (i7 4790, 32Gb RAM, 2x GTX980 in SLI)

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
@NolaMel – Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don’t do FB. Local store already has the V3 posted, just not available yet. Came close to picking up a V2 over the past holiday sales, but then learned about the improvements with V3 so I held off.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
@NolaMel – Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don’t do FB. Local store already has the V3 posted, just not available yet. Came close to picking up a V2 over the past holiday sales, but then learned about the improvements with V3 so I held off.
From what I can gather, it seems vendors north of the border are getting them about a week after US stores. I don’t know if that has something to do with the mail issues, or crossing the border. If you check in on Roadside Vapes’ stock , you might be able to guesstimate when it’ll be there.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
From what I can gather, it seems vendors north of the border are getting them about a week after US stores. I don’t know if that has something to do with the mail issues, or crossing the border. If you check in on Roadside Vapes’ stock , you might be able to guesstimate when it’ll be there.

A lot of products arrive later in Canada than in the US, not just vape related. Gives us Canadian consumers the opportunity to see how well a product is received or fairs with our US neighbors before throwing our money at it. Also with the size of the country and much smaller population, distribution is a bit more of a challenge.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Couple shiny updates, not vape related but at this time of year the shinyitis gets extended.

Also think I finished most of the shopping for baby doll. So far I got her some perfume, a cheap necklace/earring thing to see if she would actually be comfortable wearing a necklace, some diamond earrings from the store I got the engagement ring from, and some socks. I'm just missing something fun/whimsical as a last piece. Not sure what to get, but I think i'll need to find it soon.

LmcIcgh.jpg

If I don't do that, I might get baby doll this watch. I've had it in my wish list for a year or so and I really really like it.

View attachment 785557
Guess your local Juulery stores don't have this, Dom - maybe good for a late addition stocking stuffer?
20181213_113439-png.785791

• Love
Reactions: Susaz

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Supporting Mac would require use of a Mac. Was just having a little fun. We are long past popular software that was developed specifically for a certain OS that plagued the industry years ago.

What Razer you order? My mobile computing needs do not require anything high end or really powerful. I have a purpose build desktop for that, although it is starting to get a little old in the tooth. (i7 4790, 32Gb RAM, 2x GTX980 in SLI)
Just two birds with one stone. Husband and myself have been wanting to game for a while. A fully loaded Razer with the 1070 is around 2k, while the same specs of the Dell XPS 15 go for 1800 bucks. And a powerful machine will last 4 years with ease, instead of buying another one in two years. As I said, the Surface is making the hard work and we're very pleased with it!

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Just two birds with one stone. Husband and myself have been wanting to game for a while. A fully loaded Razer with the 1070 is around 2k, while the same specs of the Dell XPS 15 go for 1800 bucks. And a powerful machine will last 4 years with ease, instead of buying another one in two years. As I said, the Surface is making the hard work and we're very pleased with it!

Nice! Like Lisa’s (mobile tech review) vids – she does well. Also own a Surface Pro – outside my phone this checks all the right boxes for mobile computing. New car, new laptop…you’re having yourself a great Christmas. Enjoy! :thumb:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Nice! Like Lisa’s (mobile tech review) vids – she does well. Also own a Surface Pro – outside my phone this checks all the right boxes for mobile computing. New car, new laptop…you’re having yourself a great Christmas. Enjoy! :thumb:
The Surface has been here for at least 6 months, and the Razer won't get here until April. I have to buy it abroad, and my friends won't travel until then. Only Iris (AKA Jeep) will be here tomorrow... The paperwork wasn't ready yet.

Even more... For us the Surface is a more mobile laptop, we use it a huge deal. Instead of toting around a heavy notebook it's great. Plus it has USB ports to download books onto ereader and running Calibre. I've never been more pleased!

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Phone! jaja I'm always on the other side of the road with that. Since I don't work with it I refuse to spend more than 300 bucks on them. Only this year and because I fell in love with it, I bought a One Plus 6T. I'm tacky.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Phone! jaja I'm always on the other side of the road with that. Since I don't work with it I refuse to spend more than 300 bucks on them. Only this year and because I fell in love with it, I bought a One Plus 6T. I'm tacky.

Always had a passion for mobile phones. Use to beta test for a local carrier many years ago (pre smartphone days) so had a different phone practically every other week. Long lost that privilege and given their asking price I usually keep my upgrades to once a year. My current go to is a LG V30 simply for it’s audio capabilities (through headphones, not the crappy speaker). Bit of a fanatic for that.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

If you haven't already, which you probably have, toss in an SSD. It'll probably be the single biggest improvement in perceived performance than anything else you could do. Besides, do you do a lot of gaming on a big 4K monitor?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
If you haven't already, which you probably have, toss in an SSD. It'll probably be the single biggest improvement in perceived performance than anything else you could do. Besides, do you do a lot of gaming on a big 4K monitor?

Several SSD’s. And although taking a higher risk at data loss (as it is debated) throughput can be improved even further by utilizing Raid 0. My current setup was assembled just prior to M.2 PCIe becoming mainstream, and given I have utilized all PCIe lanes with my dual GPU setup I am limited to SATA SSD’s only. So can't improve with a faster SSD

My monitor is a 34inch 2K (3440x1440) but with a max refresh rate of 100hz. This actually equates to almost identical bandwidth as 4K at 60hz (14.86Gbps vs 14.93Gbps for 4K). Assuming you have the GPU power, the higher refresh rate is preferred over the minute improvement in resolution.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Several SSD’s. And although taking a higher risk at data loss (as it is debated) throughput can be improved even further by utilizing Raid 0. My current setup was assembled just prior to M.2 PCIe becoming mainstream, and given I have utilized all PCIe lanes with my dual GPU setup I am limited to SATA SSD’s only. So can't improve with a faster SSD

My monitor is a 34inch 2K (3440x1440) but with a max refresh rate of 100hz. This actually equates to almost identical bandwidth as 4K at 60hz (14.86Gbps vs 14.93Gbps for 4K). Assuming you have the GPU power, the higher refresh rate is preferred over the minute improvement in resolution.

Whelp, you built that out about as far as you can go. At least you can reuse the SSD array even if just as a data drive. Can't remember when the M.2 went mainstream, I just popped one in my latest laptop. Fast little sucker.

Users who are viewing this thread