Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Evening all.

My DNA is clearly Heinz, I'm a mongrel with 57 varieties :D. I don't think I have any vampire or Klingon though - I adore garlic, tomato ketchup and beans on toast, but am not a great SF fan.

The whole ancestry thing is fascinating. I've spent a small fortune tracing my roots, being adopted didn't help matters much there. The worst bit is when the doctors ask if you have any family history of XYZ, and I have to reply I haven't a clue. I haven't gone as far as to get my DNA analysed, I am clearly Scottish though. I strongly suspect I have other siblings out there, but I've not managed to trace any of my family apart from my deceased birth father and grandparents. What is clear though, is certain characteristics are passed on through the generations, and I can trace the creative/artistic streak from my grandfather to my daughter.

The best bit is if anyone ever accuses me of being a ....***. I can smile, and with a totally straight face reply deadpan - "I know, and I have the papers to prove it!"

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Evening all.

My DNA is clearly Heinz, I'm a mongrel with 57 varieties :D. I don't think I have any vampire or Klingon though - I adore garlic, tomato ketchup and beans on toast, but am not a great SF fan.

The whole ancestry thing is fascinating. I've spent a small fortune tracing my roots, being adopted didn't help matters much there. The worst bit is when the doctors ask if you have any family history of XYZ, and I have to reply I haven't a clue. I haven't gone as far as to get my DNA analysed, I am clearly Scottish though. I strongly suspect I have other siblings out there, but I've not managed to trace any of my family apart from my deceased birth father and grandparents. What is clear though, is certain characteristics are passed on through the generations, and I can trace the creative/artistic streak from my grandfather to my daughter.

The best bit is if anyone ever accuses me of being a ....***. I can smile, and with a totally straight face reply deadpan - "I know, and I have the papers to prove it!"
The DNA test will start bringing relatives to light. :thumb:

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Orbit City
RGOBoQW.jpg

Boston Cream supply anxiety avoidance strategy :D

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
So I got my DNA results... some really interesting stuff.

Found a 2nd cousin who is the son of my grandfather's brother. He's super into genealogy and already completed most of my tree. He has the Native and Irish DNA that I was expecting to have, in the right proportions, but I didn't inherit any of it.

Came out to:

49% France
29% China
21% Vietnam
1% Native

Add all that up and i'm 51% Asian and 49% white -- I guess that makes me a minority now :lol:.

What was super interesting though is that my family tree on my maternal grandfather's side is done up to my 9th generation. There's even pictures and stuff and I sent this one to my grand father:

View attachment 798177

It's his sister (the baby) - she died before reaching a year old and this is the only picture that we know of to exist. We didn't even know her name. With my great grandfather, and my great great grand father, and my great great great grandmother.

There's something like 150 of these photos, including all the obituary clippings of everyone.
Lucky you got all those pictures. A treasure trove.
I did mine too as I am adopted (at birth) I already knew my mom's story because I found her long before Ancestry came along (with only her name scrawled on an old piece of paper she gave my adoptive mom) I found her dead and she killed herself in Las Vegas. But I have found three half-siblings so far. I know there are six of us (as Per California Birth Index) and hoping the other two come stumbling out sometime. I was told my dad was Italian and so I always thought I was half Italian. Turns out I am almost no Italian (and spent all the time perfecting cooking the cuisine) The three siblings and I all have different fathers. My mom was a wild women. LOL.

Great Britain47%

Europe South16%

Europe East14%

Europe West7%

Scandinavia7%

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
That sounds good! What’s the pg/vg in that? I didn’t see it on the site
Boston cream is like crack.
Legit tastes like its namesake, love it but its sweet so not so nice to coils.
I still have 1 stashed.

Users who are viewing this thread