Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
i was talking about my return ferry trip from south island to north just today.
even the bar staff were being sick it was so rough... i had to pour my own pints as i was the only one left standing (i did leave the $s).
Oh boy we had a similar experience. When we left the South island port the Captain said all is well but the swell is "moderate". Everybody cheered when we hit the first few waves and the water splashed up the sides of the ship. That quickly turned sour...green people all over the ship :w00t: Man they stank that ship up in no time :shock:
One guy was lying with his head on the table, in a puddle of vomit. The vomit gently to and froving away and then back to him as the ship swayed from side to side :cry::cry::cry:

Reactions: Fidola13

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Thought long and hard about digging the B2K decks out, but have a case of the crud so passed.

The dot is mostly ready to go. Have found almost all the doors, just want to open it and be sure it's ready.

Found out 2 of my batteries are dead. Oh well, more flashlights.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Spent some time playing with the b2k this morning :wub:

3mm id, 1.0 x 0.14mm kanthal 5 wraps - 0.63ohms
    b2k6.jpg

This coil was great, but took a teeny tiny tad to ramp up on a Luna - and I didn't have it low enough for the airflow to hit properly. So I did a similar coil, but with 4 wraps spaced, and I cut off more of its legs ;)

It came out at 0.52ohms and it turned the B2K into sheer flavour bliss. Airflow is hitting the bottom of the coil perfectly now, instead of hitting underneath the coil. The lower resistance has killed the ramp up time as well.

It is a cool vape - even with the metal cap on. But yes, I have tried out every other cap too - cuz I can ;)

For my frankenvaping style - with the airflow 2/3 open, a 510 drip tip - this is bliss :wub:

b2k.jpg

Thank you @TrollDragon & @Fredman1 for the tips and tricks. And especially you TD, for raving about this rda. It's my first authentic high end RDA and I absolutely love it :wub:

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
    Aug 31, 2018
    Cumbria
    www.e-cigarette-forum.com
    Good evening, all ye purchasers of reflective vaping goodies. Long time, no chat.

Apologies for the long term absence. Contrary to rumour, I have not just been released from incarceration, nor have I disgraced myself by falling completely off the vaping wagon, although at times I have been clinging on by my fingernails. If I'm honest, the past 6 months have been pretty gruesome, my COPD and other health issues have hit me with a vengeance and I have not been the best company of late. I am now seriously struggling to walk any distance, and to cap it all, I have lost a large percentage of functionality in my right hand. I can still type, but winding a decent coil is close to impossible. Which is partly the reason why I have not been as active here, one of the loves of my life was tinkering with my drippers and tanks, and not being able to do this has hit me hard.

I have decided I am going to make a concerted effort by vaping more to get below my 5 a day roll up habit. I have a COPD review in Feb which I'm dreading, as my O2 levels are pretty skanky. How I achieve this though, may require some lateral and creative thinking.

Any one armed, self atty builders in the house?

P.S. I can still mix juice with my left hand, so you will have to continue suffering my fiendishly DIY creations.

Last edited:

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    I ordered the Mach On3 deal from breazy, thank you for the link.
    I got mine today and I was expecting it to be larger than it is. I mean it's all I heard about in reviews was how big it was I don't really think this is a very very large mod considering what it is. It's fairly lightweight it seems like it's made well I really like the screen and I have no complaints so far I have not built on the RDA that comes with it I'll probably do that tomorrow but it doesn't look like anything that's going to knock your socks off but who knows it does look nice all together. The screen is really quite nice and I think you can import your own design or whatever but I have no real interest in that but I think it's nice if that's accurate. The box is good quality and the little coils come in the cutest little container! I hope you like yours I definitely feel like I got a hell of a bargain for the price that we paid

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Good evening, all ye purchasers of reflective vaping goodies. Long time, no chat.

Apologies for the long term absence. Contrary to rumour, I have not just been released from incarceration, nor have I disgraced myself by falling completely off the vaping wagon, although at times I have been clinging on by my fingernails. If I'm honest, the past 6 months have been pretty gruesome, my COPD and other health issues have hit me with a vengeance and I have not been the best company of late. I am now seriously struggling to walk any distance, and to cap it all, I have lost a large percentage of functionality in my right hand. I can still type, but winding a decent coil is close to impossible. Which is partly the reason why I have not been as active here, one of the love of my life was tinkering with my drippers and tanks, and not being able to do this has hit me hard.

I have decided I am going to make a concerted effort by vaping more to get below my 5 a day roll up habit. I have a COPD review in Feb which I'm dreading, as my O2 levels are pretty skanky. How I achieve this though, may require some lateral and creative thinking.

P.S. I can still mix juice with my left hand, so you will have to continue suffering my fiendishly DIY creations.

I was thinking of you last week, when I saw your awesome flat wire blog. I'm hoping everything improves for you very soon :wub:

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
    Aug 31, 2018
    Cumbria
    Bless you, @AngeNZ. I think one of the "To Do" tasks that I must accomplish in 2020 is a write up on how tobacco (and many other things) seriously messes you up, and why vaping is an essential weapon in the armoury of anyone who wants to be set free of such chains. If nothing else, if I can publically share my testimony hopefully this will give other hope.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia

Apologies for the long term absence. Contrary to rumour, I have not just been released from incarceration, nor have I disgraced myself by falling completely off the vaping wagon, although at times I have been clinging on by my fingernails. If I'm honest, the past 6 months have been pretty gruesome, my COPD and other health issues have hit me with a vengeance and I have not been the best company of late. I am now seriously struggling to walk any distance, and to cap it all, I have lost a large percentage of functionality in my right hand. I can still type, but winding a decent coil is close to impossible. Which is partly the reason why I have not been as active here, one of the loves of my life was tinkering with my drippers and tanks, and not being able to do this has hit me hard.

Sorry to hear all of this Grey. You have been missed. I thought about you one day when someone mentioned that since they did not buy much maybe they should step aside from the group. I remember you saying that once too. I do not buy much but live vicariously through the rest of the bunch.
    Sorry to hear of your ailments. I am walking my dog 3x's a day trying to get my walking up to par. Strange that it was such an easy thing to do when younger and now I feel like it is a chore.
    My left hand is wonky, it happened in Aug/Sept when I had a stroke. My neurologist tells me it was not the stroke that caused it but rather carpal tunnel. The thing is I had both wrists done at the beginning of last year. He says this one was not done properly and it is only coincidence that it flared same weekend of my stroke.
    I hope you find a way to tinker going forward :)

Last edited:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston

Greybeard I’m so sorry to hear about your health issues you’re having. Please don’t think you need to be making your own coils or buying things to hang out here. The friendships and support have gotten me thru some tough times lately when I could do neither.

Hope your health improves for you.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL

Delighted to see you back! Do you have anyone who can help wrap your wire? He's been out of touch for awhile but @Coastal Cowboy learned some tricks making and installing coils with a bum hand. He shared them on this thread, might scan his posts.

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
    Aug 31, 2018
    Cumbria
    Thanks, @chanelvaps. I'm not sure what thread I'll end up on, but I might splash out and treat myself, although it will not be on the scale when I first took up vaping.

I'm really sorry to hear about your stroke. Lost my Grandmother to that, so you missed a bullet there. I know exactly what you mean about things being a chore, when you really have to work at simple tasks in life, it is terribly draining, something those not afflicted rarely understand.

Your pooch will understand though, and if he/she is anything like my daft dog, they will be a huge asset in your recovery. Strange how dogs know exactly where we are at ....

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Thanks, @chanelvaps. I'm not sure what thread I'll end up on, but I might splash out and treat myself, although it will not be on the scale when I first took up vaping.

I'm really sorry to hear about your stroke. Lost my Grandmother to that, so you missed a bullet there. I know exactly what you mean about things being a chore, when you really have to work at simple tasks in life, it is terribly draining, something those not afflicted rarely understand.

Your pooch will understand though, and if he/she is anything like my daft dog, they will be a huge asset in your recovery. Strange how dogs know exactly where we are at ....
    PM'D you a couple links.

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
    Aug 31, 2018
    Cumbria
    Greybeard I’m so sorry to hear about your health issues you’re having. Please don’t think you need to be making your own coils or buying things to hang out here.

Nailed it in one, my dear. I partially felt as I couldn't be be a "mover and shaker" that I couldn't realistically contribute. Call it male pride, us Scots are funny folk.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    I got mine today and I was expecting it to be larger than it is. I mean it's all I heard about in reviews was how big it was I don't really think this is a very very large mod considering what it is. It's fairly lightweight it seems like it's made well I really like the screen and I have no complaints so far I have not built on the RDA that comes with it I'll probably do that tomorrow but it doesn't look like anything that's going to knock your socks off but who knows it does look nice all together. The screen is really quite nice and I think you can import your own design or whatever but I have no real interest in that but I think it's nice if that's accurate. The box is good quality and the little coils come in the cutest little container! I hope you like yours I definitely feel like I got a hell of a bargain for the price that we paid
    I got mine in the mail today. It was scheduled for Saturday delivery, that was quick shipping. Haven't tried it out yet, but it looks nice, and feels good in the hand. It's not a brick, but it has some weight to it. The squonk bottle takes a firm press, but that's how I like it. This brings me up to 3 dual battery regulated squonkers now. I'm happy with the purchase, especially for the low price I paid for the two I ordered.

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
    Aug 31, 2018
    Cumbria
    @Letitia you do not realise what you did such a time ago. I still have the memory of my wife and I taking turns shaking a 50ml clear plastic bottle, and a contributor on this thread [who will remain nameless] suggesting the product looked like the output of a randy stallion.

Times like these make me laugh until the tears run.

Users who are viewing this thread