newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Thanks for this newyork13 much appreciated.

So has the legalisation caused any problems? It's nice to hear that the shops are very professional. I used to love my Dutch coffee shop visits when I was younger. I used to go a lot to Breda which is just inside the Dutch border from Belgium. They always had some amazing choices from around the world :D
Other than parking problems (nearby street parking is very limited, and all the nearby parking lots are either hotels, or apartment buildings or commercial, all of which now have signs saying basically don't park here if you are shopping at the cannabis shop) there haven't been any issues. No one arrested for stoned driving or walking.
Hope all is well with you now.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
HI New York, old friend, I am fine and kicked cancers ..... Thoracic surgeon removed a small portion of my lung that had the dreaded LC and I went home from the hospital the next day. Hardly any down time. Thanks for asking. :wub:
So glad to here this!
I don't have enormous trust nor affection for the medical professionals, except for surgeons. Between a couple of experiences I had a few years ago and a couple my wife had last year, I love surgeons and deeply respect their talent.
You'll do well.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
When I used RDAs I can't say I went through all that.

I'd cut a length and pinch off a bit. Usually it was snug but not right. I do the same with the AIO. Use my vape Shears to thin a little, not as much as I had to with cotton. Trim and tuck

I find it easier as I don't have to guess and cut off of a pad. It threads easier for me, just roll a bit like cotton. The biggest difference I note is it "breaks in" much quicker, 1-2 hits, lasts longer and I feel it wicks better than cotton. For me it's not as fussy as cotton was.

To each his own though.
I'm days behind now, so maybe this has been answered in the interim.
I've used rayon and liked it.
But, one thing I've never really understood is this. With cotton, when it gets ready for replacement, I remove it and toss it and maybe dry burn the coil.
People have talked about not needing to toss the rayon, just rinsing it. But, i'm not sure how to do this on an atty and maybe needing to clean off the coil.
Thoughts?

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
It appears my SL Class is bricked. I did have it for about a year so it isnt quite as bad as having a new mod die. It had been a while since I used it and tried it out... nothing. Tried every battery I have and still nothing. I loved that mod. SX Mini is a Chinese company so I am thinking I'll wait until shipping returns to normal and send it to them to be fixed.
As far as regulated mods go I am down to 2Minikins, 1Kodama, I Colossal, and an Aegis Solo. My mechanicals never let me down.
I understand your comment about the mechs, but it's been over a year since I've used mine (GP Vapourart and a byLeo Bod Mecha).
I don't want to hoard, so I think I'll sell them.
Haven't seen much of it on the classies.
Do you think there's much of a market for them?

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Thanks for that mate.
What is the reason why the tails must be trimmed? I don't like trimming, so if I can get away with it, I would prefer not to...?
Stiffness isn't a problem...as I said I wick stiff anyway. Should I go even more stiff with the Rayon? It feels like it compresses more than cotton...?
Rayon transports juice from the thinnest density of the wick to the thickest, leaving full tails can actually pull juice away from the coil. Like I said before Rayon is not cotton, it doesn't absorb juice it transports it along the surface of the fibres, you can vape a Rayon build bone dry with not a drop of juice left in any of the wick.

I hold on to the edge of a coil with my thumbnail while pulling the wick through, if I used the same density with cotton it would choke off the coil and be nothing it dry hits.

You will have to play with the density until You get a feel for it. Rayon shrinks with use, so if you are starting to get what tastes like the beginning of a dry on a fresh build and the wick is fully saturated, you know the density is too loose.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I'm days behind now, so maybe this has been answered in the interim.
I've used rayon and liked it.
But, one thing I've never really understood is this. With cotton, when it gets ready for replacement, I remove it and toss it and maybe dry burn the coil.
People have talked about not needing to toss the rayon, just rinsing it. But, i'm not sure how to do this on an atty and maybe needing to clean off the coil.
Thoughts?
Rayon could be pulled out, rinsed and reused again IF you had too, but no one really does that.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
NO! I am NOT! I am freeing me from like the horrors of like, this DREADUFL Karmic imbalance, dude. I am going to LEAVE it where I happens to be after I am done.

I gave a homeless woman a dollar and even wondered to myself about inflation.

IDK what I will do now.

Anna

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
Love these babies so mich.

Had my 2 year old niece over today to seem them for the first time and she was excited she scared them all so
Bad ha. Typical 2 year old she wanted to hug them all and was screaming BUNNIES !!! So loud haha. Poor babies were sure scurrying. They are doing awesome thoug
23C9003A-279E-4CE6-B7CF-A1C785D6513E.jpeg
760BC836-53BE-45CB-85FA-3E7C469A3E52.jpeg
6D4DC960-A04D-4D3F-A405-55D17A1A1F1A.jpeg
48330513-5CC2-4EDB-80A1-188A17EC4729.jpeg

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Rayon transports juice from the thinnest density of the wick to the thickest, leaving full tails can actually pull juice away from the coil. Like I said before Rayon is not cotton, it doesn't absorb juice it transports it along the surface of the fibres, you can vape a Rayon build bone dry with not a drop of juice left in any of the wick.

I hold on to the edge of a coil with my thumbnail while pulling the wick through, if I used the same density with cotton it would choke off the coil and be nothing it dry hits.

You will have to play with the density until You get a feel for it. Rayon shrinks with use, so if you are starting to get what tastes like the beginning of a dry on a fresh build and the wick is fully saturated, you know the density is too loose.
That's really great info. I'm a rayon newbie and this helps thanks.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I need some advice here guys.

I had a DOA Vinci X in an order from Fasttech with a ticket created 22 days ago. I gave them clear photos and videos of the faulty item.
They replied twice asking me to re-send the videos. I can only assume the Corona virus/staff levels had them stalling at this point.

Finally here is their reply:

Thank you for your video.

We have checked it and will pass it to the supplier to double check the problem.

Could you please have the item repaired in a local repair shop? Would you Please inquiry about the repair costs and get back to us for the cost. We will consider if it is acceptable to repair it in your place and give you a refund for the repair costs.

I've been buying from FT for 4 years now and this is a first. Previous refunds were pretty fast. I know the virus has slowed them down but the content of their reply is bizarre.

I feel like I'm wading in quicksand here.
I've replied demanding a full refund but I know another week or more will pass until they reply. I know it's only 40 bucks but it's the principal.

What should I do?

EDIT: Of course any local electronics repairer here would charge a minimum of 120 bucks to look at it then 80/hour to try and fix the little POS. This is not Shenzen with repair shops on every corner.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread