AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    how long is your blank wick usually? enough that it bends a bit inwards? enough to reach the middle?
    yea i gathered that was part of the issue. thanks for push. gonna try and mix a 10%-flavour test. kinda regretting i didn't get layering flavours for the cactus mix, coulda added dragondruit, pineapple and pear to boost it, gonna try the fuji with it hope it won't take over.

I don't have a .blank, just a bunker on the way. But my tail length depends on the rda. Some long and tucked, some shorter:

KRMA clone rda, Narca clone rda, B2k RDA:
    krmadeck.jpg narcadeck.jpg b2k6.jpg

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Makin me hungry. Ok I'm on a mission - gonna get a recipe and cook some corn bread
    If you don’t have buttermilk, you can put a Tbs of vinegar or lemon juice in the measuring cup and fillto the amount with “sweet” milk (aka regular milk). Be sure and put bacon grease, lard or shortening (crisco) in the pan and let it get hot before you add the rested batter. It’ll make a crisp crust and save you from cornbread stuck to the pan

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    I don't have a .blank, just a bunker on the way. But my tail length depends on the RDA. Some long and tucked, some shorter:

KRMA clone rda, Narca clone RDA, B2k RDA:
    View attachment 879243 View attachment 879247 View attachment 879249
    @AngeNZ something you can try with that flat wire you might like is space them. If you have some 24g round wire wrap it parallel with the flat wire then just remove the 24g. It works really well on an RDA with a more open chamber.

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Markedly cheaper than anything else Tiffany blue lol!
    I don’t have any 24g. Can I use 26 to space the flat wire, or will that ge too far off?
    That will work. It's just to get equal spacing. You can also just wrap a contact coil then stretch it out like a spring and then push it back together. The spacing won't be as even but it works too.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    how long is your blank wick usually? enough that it bends a bit inwards? enough to reach the middle?
    yea i gathered that was part of the issue. thanks for push. gonna try and mix a 10%-flavour test. kinda regretting i didn't get layering flavours for the cactus mix, coulda added dragondruit, pineapple and pear to boost it, gonna try the fuji with it hope it won't take over.

I cut the blank and other RDAs to just touch the deck.

virm

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2019
    Morning shinies ;)

@virm your mixes may taste muted as you are more used to one shots that probably have higher sweetener levels. Also check you aren't over stuffing your turkey coil - when I over wick an RDA it's more muted. And when I underwick, it sounds like a Harley :cool:

makes sense, i remember something like that when i stopped adding sugar to hot drinks. hmm.. i wonder when i'd get used to it if i keep going back and forth. time for a larger mix i suppose.

I cut the blank and other RDAs to just touch the deck.

oh that's much shorter than mine. hmm, djlsb and vic do it at least as long i thing. at least the former cuts it at the bottom o-ring.

rustled this up and trying it on gear. it's there the flavour but vague still, will see how it fares.

Cactus (Kaktus) (INW) 3
    Grape, White (FA) 3.50
    Mandarin (Tanger) (FA) 2.50
    Fuji Apple (FA) 1

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    makes sense, i remember something like that when i stopped adding sugar to hot drinks. hmm.. i wonder when i'd get used to it if i keep going back and forth. time for a larger mix i suppose.

oh that's much shorter than mine. hmm, djlsb and vic do it at least as long i thing. at least the former cuts it at the bottom o-ring.

rustled this up and trying it on gear. it's there the flavour but vague still, will see how it fares.

Cactus (Kaktus) (INW) 3
    Grape, White (FA) 3.50
    Mandarin (Tanger) (FA) 2.50
    Fuji Apple (FA) 1
    If that is muted in flavor try upping your percentage. I mix all my DIY at 15% and some of the weaker flavors up to 20%.

virm

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2019
    If that is muted in flavor try upping your percentage. I mix all my DIY at 15% and some of the weaker flavors up to 20%.

thanks. yes looks like that's next. that last one made 10 upped from like 7. better.. i'll add back the spicy stuff too, had to cut'em out to know for sure what was going on with the basic stuff. still gonna go with the weaker stuff, no INW mix mint or FA Lavender (the latter was still too strong at .08!)

thinking abt getting new stuff to layer, though i doubt i'd sft everything. shoulda done a bit more research last sale.

guys how often do chefs do sales?

Users who are viewing this thread