ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Morning all! After a couple stressful weeks of trying to find dog food in stock anywhere, I finally have 2 cases coming. Georgia is young and tough, so bouncing her diet around is not a big deal (lots of farting though, dear god she stinks, gives me a headache lol) but Rudy doesn’t cope as well.

I spent hours and hours looking for a decent substitute, even put aside my loathing of Chewy’s shipping and looked there. There’s something in 90% of dog foods that Rudy can’t have so we’re very limited

This just wasn’t something I expected to be an issue.

I’m so much more diligent about their diet than mine.

Not very shiny, but who can be shiny when their babies are hungry?
If you take 1/3 new food add to 2/3's old food and mix well you can eliminate those nasty farts. The next week go to a 50/50 mix. If Georgia is real sensitive then go 1/3 old plus 2/3's new. Then all new and she's set.

Only reason they vomit, get ........, or excess gas with new food is their digestive systems aren't used to change. Most people feed them the same food all the time.

I switch Carli off between three different dog foods. Once she was used to each one we didn't need to mix them anymore. Been doing that with our dogs forever.

ETA: Vet's, humane society's, breeders all recommend that way. ;)

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Lot of Geek vape love going on here lately... Solo + KFL19.
IMG_0100cr.jpg

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
If you take 1/3 new food add to 2/3's old food and mix well you can eliminate those nasty farts. The next week go to a 50/50 mix. If Georgia is real sensitive then go 1/3 old plus 2/3's new. Then all new and she's set.

Only reason they vomit, get ........, or excess gas with new food is their digestive systems aren't used to change. Most people feed them the same food all the time.

I switch Carli off between three different dog foods. Once she was used to each one we didn't need to mix them anymore. Been doing that with our dogs forever.

ETA: Vet's, humane society's, breeders all recommend that way. ;)

I agree, but I could not find their regular food anywhere. We were out. This is why I feed three different foods every day, so I could get by if I couldn’t get one.

All I could still find was one of their dry foods, and they (especially toothless old Rudy) need canned.

Georgia is prone to farts though, regardless. Frenchies are notoriously farty. It’s not a myth, it’s not an exaggeration, she’s a dang hog farm.

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
I agree, but I could not find their regular food anywhere. We were out. This is why I feed three different foods every day, so I could get by if I couldn’t get one.

All I could still find was one of their dry foods, and they (especially toothless old Rudy) need canned.

Georgia is prone to farts though, regardless. Frenchies are notoriously farty. It’s not a myth, it’s not an exaggeration, she’s a dang hog farm.

fart.jpg

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest

I should have prefaced my post with "You probably already do this...". Sorry. :)

Farty Frenchies (canines)! :p

Only time Carli got the most horrid farts is when she used to eat rabbits. She would get the nastiest farts for days. Ya know they're bad when lysol doesn't even help.

Ever since Ricky and the bunnies I go out to the yard and shoo them away before I let Carli out.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Never heard of them.

But now that you found them I will likely grab a Squeeze. I have a Hugo Squeezer in my stash. Don't recall ever trying it. :blush:

The Hugo squeezer is pretty big by my standards:
    Dimensionsus | metric
    DEPTH 30 mm
    HEIGHT 80 mm
    WIDTH 52 mm
    PRODUCT WEIGHT 98 g
    but it's got plenty of good reviews on FT
    $23.64 Authentic HUGO VAPOR BF Squeezer Squonk Mechanical Box Mod - 1*18650/20700 / built-in 10ml squonk bottle / nylonfibre at FastTech - Free Shipping
    I just like how it's got the rounded edge

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    The Hugo squeezer is pretty big by my standards:
    Dimensionsus | metric
    DEPTH 30 mm
    HEIGHT 80 mm
    WIDTH 52 mm
    PRODUCT WEIGHT 98 g
    but it's got plenty of good reviews on FT
    $23.64 Authentic HUGO VAPOR BF Squeezer Squonk Mechanical Box Mod - 1*18650/20700 / built-in 10ml squonk bottle / nylonfibre at FastTech - Free Shipping
    I just like how it's got the rounded edge
    I bought it based off of all the decent reviews at FT. It's still the same price as when I got mine last June. I really should pull it out and give it a go, yep. :D :lol:

the wind

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 12, 2012
    alabama
    Never heard of them.

But now that you found them I will likely grab a Squeeze. I have a Hugo Squeezer in my stash. Don't recall ever trying it. :blush:
    i read it as Hugo Freeze. look it up,it was Hugo Strange that became Mr. Freeze.That's my story,and sticking to it.

• Agree
    Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Users who are viewing this thread