Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
Does anyone have one of these? Saw it today and got all wanty faced.
LYKAN diamond brass-590

Sparkle Eyes1.gif

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Just built my SXK Dvarw DL FL. It's got an interesting difference in the peek cap in metal. It's built into the chimney part as a flat disc that just seals onto the peak piece with an o-ring. I was worried it would just leak buts working really well and I think the draw is very slightly looser than the OG. Here she is on the Mixx....
20200918_200205.jpg

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
A package from the great and good @jfcooley was in my mailbox today, and I am now the proud owner of a Therion squonker. Thanks and thanks and thanks again to my generous benefactor!
Hope you love it!

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
A package from the great and good @jfcooley was in my mailbox today, and I am now the proud owner of a Therion squonker. Thanks and thanks and thanks again to my generous benefactor!
Don't know about good, and I'm certainly not great.

Fstop

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Ok... from your description there are a few things for you to check on your 16mm Dvarw. :)

From Ange's Blog post I don't know which wicking method you used.

Did you use the Bunny Ear method???

The Bunny Ear method is by far the easiest of all. :)

The wick in my pic below is the Vapdivrr method. You can see my wick is completely covering both of the juice holes on the chimney.
The Bunny Ear method will do the same.
View attachment 907753
Your wick should be fully covering the juice holes. Like so...
View attachment 907755
If there is ANY open space between the wick tails and the juice holes you will experience flooding.

Also, the chimney and top cap need to be properly mated and installed on the build deck. If those components are not properly installed the RTA will flood.
View attachment 907757
You posted that you are using a 2.5mm ID coil. IMO that is too big for the 16mm Dvarw. Can it be done, sure. Is it ideal for optimal performance on any 16mm RTA? Not in my opinion.

A 2mm ID coil is optimal on the 16mm Dvarw (and in some cases on the 22mm MTL Dvarw). From the photo you posted in your build thread the 2.5mm ID coil leaves almost little to no room between the posts.

I think you would have a more successful experience going with a 2mm ID coil. :)

As far as tightening the tank components... finger tight is the rule for all RTA's. No RTA components need to be "gorilla" tight.

Lastly, you may have experienced flooding if you didn't have enough wick in the coil. When you install your cotton and move it side-to-side in the coil you should feel resistance. If your wick is freely moving in the coil then you didn't use enough cotton.

Wicking an RTA is a total feel thing. The general rule of thumb is "too loose, you will get flooding" OR "too tight, you will get dry hits". There is a balance that only you can find which will work perfectly. You will only learn that balance by doing. :)

When I wick any RBA I go with a "tighter" resistance over "loose" resistance. My fingers know the "feel" of how much wick to use and how it should feel in the coil.

I know that is a lot of info to digest but I wanted to be as thorough as possible.

Good luck and lemme know how it goes. You got this! :thumbs:
Ok... from your description there are a few things for you to check on your 16mm Dvarw. :)

From Ange's Blog post I don't know which wicking method you used.

Did you use the Bunny Ear method???

The Bunny Ear method is by far the easiest of all. :)

The wick in my pic below is the Vapdivrr method. You can see my wick is completely covering both of the juice holes on the chimney.
The Bunny Ear method will do the same.
View attachment 907753
Your wick should be fully covering the juice holes. Like so...
View attachment 907755
If there is ANY open space between the wick tails and the juice holes you will experience flooding.

Also, the chimney and top cap need to be properly mated and installed on the build deck. If those components are not properly installed the RTA will flood.
View attachment 907757
You posted that you are using a 2.5mm ID coil. IMO that is too big for the 16mm Dvarw. Can it be done, sure. Is it ideal for optimal performance on any 16mm RTA? Not in my opinion.

A 2mm ID coil is optimal on the 16mm Dvarw (and in some cases on the 22mm MTL Dvarw). From the photo you posted in your build thread the 2.5mm ID coil leaves almost little to no room between the posts.

I think you would have a more successful experience going with a 2mm ID coil. :)

As far as tightening the tank components... finger tight is the rule for all RTA's. No RTA components need to be "gorilla" tight.

Lastly, you may have experienced flooding if you didn't have enough wick in the coil. When you install your cotton and move it side-to-side in the coil you should feel resistance. If your wick is freely moving in the coil then you didn't use enough cotton.

Wicking an RTA is a total feel thing. The general rule of thumb is "too loose, you will get flooding" OR "too tight, you will get dry hits". There is a balance that only you can find which will work perfectly. You will only learn that balance by doing. :)

When I wick any RBA I go with a "tighter" resistance over "loose" resistance. My fingers know the "feel" of how much wick to use and how it should feel in the coil.

I know that is a lot of info to digest but I wanted to be as thorough as possible.

Good luck and lemme know how it goes. You got this! :thumbs:
Just like you said have to feel it
IMG_20200917_185216.jpg Never experienced a vape like this before, totally warm. No leaks but be very careful unscrewing this mini off your MOD's base. I recoiled & rewicked 2Xs trying out 2 of 3 'naked tobacco Flavors'. I'm afraid to try the 3rd of 60ml Bottles Euro Gold was Total Perfume & Non Vapable Alkaloid Flavors, Patriot was just as disgusting to my palate, not to offend anyone, there are fans out their because I bought this E-Liquid based their Regards for it. So I'll be happy to Trade. There is still the unopened Cuban Blend. I did find an unusual literally warm smoothing vape with my own blend of Apollo's Sahara :tumbsup: Pending variations. Currently on 3 hole airflow, will compare it wit other airflow jigs. Thanks to everyone who walked me through my first build

Users who are viewing this thread