Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
Protect the mods finish from the atty and offers a bit of protection from condensation/ leaking. Also useful for getting the af positioned in a certain direction.

I use the 0.5mm ones on just about every mod. Just like Leti said, they protect your mods finish + protects from leaking etc. If you have a nice finish on a mod and pop an atty on without a protector the atty can scratch the paint or dig into the paint. Ask me how I know. :facepalm: :blush: Or put an atty swirl on a mods finish.

Good to know. I might grab some on my next FT order.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Hey @charlie1465 , @AngeNZ, @ShowMeTwice I reckon the 510 is adjustable on the Mixx. What do you guys think? I want to spin my Dvarw around more so the air is more to the front. Before I buy a little socket wrench I thought I'd check your opinions. My needle nosed pliers don't fit
It's got a hexagonal profile so you need a little socket wrench. I've got some in my mini electronic tool kit. I'd get one of those. I don't know how much play you'll have though because I certainly don't remember it being described as adjustable.

Take a look at the Aspire website.....and good luck :).

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Yep,we have something similar here in Spain.

Still trying to get my pops to get up but he it's like he has given up...it just kills me to see my pops like that.
He shouldn't go thru all this because of just one heartless person,just called a while ago my nurse ''friend'' and she said to lodge a formal complaint at both the hospitals she works at.

I will look into it on monday,today is movie night,going thru all 3 movies of LOTR,got snacks and a couple sodas (breaking the diet tonight)

Ill try to pop in tomorrow for a quick hello.

Cheers
Yes definitely make a formal complaint....sometimes it's the only way to stop people's behaviour. But breaking patient/client privilege is a serious issue.

Good luck... stick it to the old ..... :D

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Good morning shinies :wub:

Wasn't around yesterday as I woke up with another damn fever :( Chest infection again I think. Luckily had some antibiotics in my meds arsenal and this morning temp is back to normal :) Will phone my doc tomorrow to get more to finish the course.

Have a wonderfully relaxing Sunday to all :wub:

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I would try 1 or 2 of the thinnest mod protectors, 0.5mm. On mine the DL FL sits with the AF at 4 o-clock when looking straight at the Fire button. With one 0.5mm mod protector the AF moved to 6 o-clock or directly inline with the Fire button. With two 0.5mm protectors it sits at 8 o-clock. Resistance stayed the same with the mod protectors as without.
Did you try a mod protector disc? If you have a squid DB you should have a couple. If not you can them in a hardware store.

Thanks guys :thumb:.
Yeah I made some mod protector washers from cuttout pieces of an ice cream bucket lid a while back. One or 2 work ok but even then the air intake of my Dwarv DL points slightly at the battery tube. Without any washers it points directly at the battery tube of the Mixx and gets condensation leaking downwards. This photo is with 2 washers on:

Dvarw on Mixx af angle.jpg

I can live with this (if I can't adjust the 510 )but have to keep an eye on condensation build up

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
It's got a hexagonal profile so you need a little socket wrench. I've got some in my mini electronic tool kit. I'd get one of those. I don't know how much play you'll have though because I certainly don't remember it being described as adjustable.

Take a look at the Aspire website.....and good luck :).
Thanks Charlie. Will check out the site. It doesn't seem to be spring loaded so I'm hoping it will be adjustable

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Good morning shiners, hope your feeling better today Charlie.
Thanks Bob....yep much....fever down. It's just such a pain getting these repeat infections but I'm still positive that my immune system will get back to normal soon.
Hope you're ok too :)

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Thanks Bob....yep much....fever down. It's just such a pain getting these repeat infections but I'm still positive that my immune system will get back to normal soon.
    Hope you're ok too :)
    Glad to hear that, so far so good this morning.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Good morning shinies :wub:

Wasn't around yesterday as I woke up with another damn fever :( Chest infection again I think. Luckily had some antibiotics in my meds arsenal and this morning temp is back to normal :) Will phone my doc tomorrow to get more to finish the course.

Have a wonderfully relaxing Sunday to all :wub:

Good morning Charlie! I don’t like hearing that you’re still having these issues!! Are you feeling ok or crappy? And yes do call ur doctor tomorrow 1st thing. Have a restful day and hope you feel better soon.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Good morning everyone! Any new Shinys to post today? I’m feeling some shinyitis withdrawals and need to buy something soon.

I can’t seem to find anything “new” that’s different or interesting and I’m getting depressed about it lol!!

Suggestions welcomed!!!:blink:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    It doesn't seem to be spring loaded so I'm hoping it will be adjustable
    The 510's are spring loaded on mine.

In his video Daniel says the 510 assembly is sealed to the Mixx body with silicone and glued to to mod.

Aspire did a cool video on the CNC manufacturing.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I ordered some not very sure why. Now I know what will be useful for. This ones will work too? They are 0.8mm that is what the description says :blink:

View attachment 913725
    Those should work fine. I prefer the 0.5mm thickness best. The 1mm ones I have had an issue with them being too thick for 1 or 2 RBA's, with slightly shorter 510's, and making a connection to a mod. Sanding them down a bit resolved that. :)

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Morning shinies ;)

Hey @charlie1465 , @AngeNZ, @ShowMeTwice I reckon the 510 is adjustable on the Mixx. What do you guys think? I want to spin my Dvarw around more so the air is more to the front. Before I buy a little socket wrench I thought I'd check your opinions. My needle nosed pliers don't fit

Two of my Mixx/Dvarw combos line up perfectly with the airflow inlet facing the front.

After getting warm fingers from AF condensation on the other two, I'd stuck a DT o-ring on the outside of the dvarw's 510 pin. They now line up perfectly, but of course there's now a teeny gap between the atty and the mod. I've got these in my cart at FT:
    $1.68 AOLVAPE Replacement Heat Insulation Gasket for Atomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - for 24mm diameter atomizer at FastTech - Free Shipping
    but for now, I'm happy with a gappy Mixx and cool fingers :cool:
    gap.jpg

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Morning shinies ;)

Two of my Mixx/Dvarw combos line up perfectly with the airflow inlet facing the front.

After getting warm fingers from AF condensation on the other two, I'd stuck a DT o-ring on the outside of the dvarw's 510 pin. They now line up perfectly, but of course there's now a teeny gap between the atty and the mod. I've got these in my cart at FT:
    $1.68 AOLVAPE Replacement Heat Insulation Gasket for Atomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - for 24mm diameter atomizer at FastTech - Free Shipping
    but for now, I'm happy with a gappy Mixx and cool fingers :cool:
    View attachment 913739
    gap almost looks like it should be there in the pic

Users who are viewing this thread